Taskbar Auto-Hide

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
This post has 18 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 132
George T. Kelley | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 2 2011 12:01 PM

I use Windows 7 64bit and for the Taskbar I use 'Auto-Hide the Taskbar'. The last update (4.2b SR-1.) cause it to start working erratic. When Losgos 4 has the focus the Taskbar will not reveal, but if I change focus to anything else it works just find. If I am not mistaken this happen during the early Beta before Logos 4 was offered or just right after it was offered.

God Bless
George T

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 2 2011 12:21 PM

George T.:

I use Windows 7 64bit and for the Taskbar I use 'Auto-Hide the Taskbar'. The last update (4.2b SR-1.) cause it to start working erratic. When Losgos 4 has the focus the Taskbar will not reveal, but if I change focus to anything else it works just find. If I am not mistaken this happen during the early Beta before Logos 4 was offered or just right after it was offered.

God Bless
George T

I've noticed this too. It happens when I minimize and then restore L4. But if I change/load a layout then I get the normal behavior back.

(I'm on the 4.3 beta6 version, but this is how it worked for me before the 'going beta' as well.)

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 2 2011 2:54 PM

I am unable to reproduce this issue unless I have the program in full-screen/reading view mode, in which case the Taskbar will not appear by design.

Could you post a screen shot of the issue, or better yet a video of the errant behavior?

Posts 132
George T. Kelley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 2 2011 7:05 PM

Here is a screen shot.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 2 2011 10:32 PM

George T.:

Here is a screen shot.

Apologies, not see screen shot.  Wiki Using the Forums => Adding a picture to a Post section has steps for attaching a Screenshot

Using Logos 4.3 Beta 6, after loading a layout with Logos Bible Software 4 maximized, concur touching side of screen with mouse does not show hidden task bar.

Thankful can use "Windows" key to show Start menu or use Alt-Tab combination to switch programs (so personally not mind "hidden" not appearing for Logos).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 132
George T. Kelley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 3 2011 6:30 AM

Yes, finally, at last, after a long time, at long last and after period of rest here is the screen shot of a frozen taskbar.

God bless,
George T

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 3 2011 2:09 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Using Logos 4.3 Beta 6, after loading a layout with Logos Bible Software 4 maximized, concur touching side of screen with mouse does not show hidden task bar.

Ah, yes. Now I can reproduce it.  For me, it only occurs when loading a layout that was created when the program was full-screen.  It seems from the previous posts there are other actions that cause this behavior that I cannot reproduce; so it may be a fairly sticky issue to resolve.

Nonetheless, I will report the issue to the Development Department and see what they make of it.

Posts 21
Monty Bower | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 3 2011 4:43 PM

I had the same problem a while back. Logos 4 had resized itself to some strange parameters on the screen which prevented Auto-hide to work properly. I hit the "Restore Down" button (next to the "Close" button at upper right hand of the window) and then "Maximize" (same button in the reduced window). It seemingly solved my problem permanently.Big Smile

i7-2630QM (2nd Gen), Radeon HD6770M 1G (DDR5), 8G DDR3, 1 TB 5400 HD, Win10 64

Posts 132
George T. Kelley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 4 2011 7:41 AM

When I open Logos 4 all is well, but as soon as I load a layout or open other windows, the taskbar freezes. I can minimize Logos and then maximize it and all is well again until I open another window; the taskbar freezes again. I can scroll in the panes that are open without it freezing, but as soon as I open another one it freezes. There are times when it will not freeze when opening another book, but most of the time it does, and on the other hand it will every now and then when I start it up it freezes the taskbar.

Monty Bower:

I had the same problem a while back. Logos 4 had resized itself to some strange parameters on the screen which prevented Auto-hide to work properly. I hit the "Restore Down" button (next to the "Close" button at upper right hand of the window) and then "Maximize" (same button in the reduced window). It seemingly solved my problem permanently.Big Smile

Posts 132
George T. Kelley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 16 2011 8:22 AM

George T.:

When I open Logos 4 all is well, but as soon as I load a layout or open other windows, the taskbar freezes. I can minimize Logos and then maximize it and all is well again until I open another window; the taskbar freezes again. I can scroll in the panes that are open without it freezing, but as soon as I open another one it freezes. There are times when it will not freeze when opening another book, but most of the time it does, and on the other hand it will every now and then when I start it up it freezes the taskbar.

Since the Last Update, 4.3x this condition is much worst, then described above. If Logos 4 has the focus than the taskbar is frozen most of the time.

George T.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 16 2011 8:48 AM

George T.:

Monty Bower:

I'm not saying that I doubt your experience, but I'm wondering why you have that problem while I do not.  I have Windows 7 64-bit and auto-hide the task bar as well, but it works fine for me.  The only time the TB won't auto-hide is when there is some other program such as one of the HP alerts that I should back up my OS to a DVD or some such thing.  I tend to think the problem lies outside Logos.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 938
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 17 2011 9:09 AM

Tonya J Ross:

I am unable to reproduce this issue unless I have the program in full-screen/reading view mode, in which case the Taskbar will not appear by design.

. . . .

Not meaning to derail the thread, but why is the full-screen/reading view mode designed to keep the taskbar auto-hide from working? Thanks.

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 17 2011 9:16 AM

Bill Moore:
Not meaning to derail the thread, but why is the full-screen/reading view mode designed to keep the taskbar auto-hide from working? Thanks.

Clarification question:  Do you mean that the taskbar is not hidden or do you mean that it will not appear when you move the cursor to the bottom of the screen?  When I do this (only for testing purposes), the latter is my experience.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 132
George T. Kelley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 17 2011 9:37 AM

Well, I updated my graphic driver and so far the auto-hide is working. I have not run it for any time, at this time, so I'll see how it works.

George T.

Posts 938
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 17 2011 9:44 AM

George Somsel:

Bill Moore:

Clarification question:  Do you mean that the taskbar is not hidden or do you mean that it will not appear when you move the cursor to the bottom of the screen?  When I do this (only for testing purposes), the latter is my experience.

That was unclear. Yes, the latter: the hidden taskbar will not appear when I move the cursor to the bottom of the screen.

Posts 35
Jon Shearer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 10 2011 1:09 PM

Wow! What a strange solution to this problem.
I never would have thought to do this.
It seems to have fixed my problem too - and permanently.

Thanks

Jon

Posts 35
Jon Shearer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 10 2011 1:11 PM

ooops. Didn't get this post with the solution.

Solution was Monty Bower's "Restore Down" button.

Posts 11319
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 10 2011 1:22 PM

Jon ... you're sure welcome to the forums and your latest note was a good reminder for me!

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 938
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 10 2011 3:25 PM

My taskbar auto-hide works fine till I open a resource in another window and then press F11 for Reading View. The taskbar freezes. If I press F11 to go out of reading view, the taskbar auto-hide functions normally. It seems to be something within Logos, not Windows. The Restore Down button has no effect.

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS