Preacher’s Homiletic Commentary (38 vols.) - Let's try to get it out of community pricing

Page 6 of 6 (120 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6
This post has 119 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 296
JC54 | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2013 9:29 AM

It looks like it should take just a very few people to get this resource 5 dollars down. Go for it the last few hours

Posts 737
Evan Boardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2013 10:38 AM

Timothy Brown:
Dr. Joel Beeke lists it as #6 in his top commentary sets.

What are the others in his list?

Posts 927
P A | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2013 11:16 AM

How long before it closes?

P A

Posts 296
JC54 | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2013 11:24 AM

at this moment 17 min. If yo click on the phone number of Logos on the homepage you ansee what time they have.

Edit: 36 min, I miscalculated

Posts 927
P A | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2013 11:52 AM

8 Minutes

Posts 204
David Salazar | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2013 12:12 PM

glad it cross finish line. 

would have been nice to get it $5 cheaper if we had more time from when it crossed.

Posts 1
Albert Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2013 12:26 PM

Wow!  It was $40 before the deadline, it's now $389.95 pre-pub.  The value of our investment has gone up 10 times.  

Posts 927
P A | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2013 12:30 PM

David

Are you not able to change your bid via link on email, I thought this was possible..

P A

Posts 927
P A | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2013 12:35 PM

I think David changed his postConfused

P A

Posts 11
Jonathan Pollock | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2013 12:38 PM

This is my first time posting so be gentle! It's also the first time I'd got linked in on a Community Pricing scheme with the PHC series. However, as I bid through in Nov '10, I completely forgot about it.

Now as it has went to Pre-Pub the e-mail went through, my wife freaked out, and I panicked! So I'm here seeking clarification and help...

In terms of Community Pricing to Pre-Pub, if I bid the $40 at the outset, is this all I'll pay for the series, or will it cost more? Obviously if all I pay is $40 for this series I will dance a little jig. As I've said before I'm new to the whole Community Pricing/Pre-Pub thing...

Thanks for your help in advance!!

Posts 927
P A | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2013 12:42 PM

Yes $40

Look in your account and click on orders

P A

Posts 649
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2013 12:43 PM

Jonathan Pollock:

This is my first time posting so be gentle! It's also the first time I'd got linked in on a Community Pricing scheme with the PHC series. However, as I bid through in Nov '10, I completely forgot about it.

Now as it has went to Pre-Pub the e-mail went through, my wife freaked out, and I panicked! So I'm here seeking clarification and help...

In terms of Community Pricing to Pre-Pub, if I bid the $40 at the outset, is this all I'll pay for the series, or will it cost more? Obviously if all I pay is $40 for this series I will dance a little jig. As I've said before I'm new to the whole Community Pricing/Pre-Pub thing...

Thanks for your help in advance!!

:) If you bid $40 and the Community Pricing closed at $40, that is the most that you will pay...however, if it closed at $35 and you bid $40, then you would ONLY pay $35. The final price is what you need to consider. Also, if you bid $40 and the closing price was $45, then you would be given a brief opportunity to raise your bid to the $45 level or to pass on it. 

Posts 11
Jonathan Pollock | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2013 12:43 PM

Thanks so much!

Posts 11636
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2013 12:54 PM

Bill,

you're right on this: 

Bill Shewmaker:
:) If you bid $40 and the Community Pricing closed at $40, that is the most that you will pay...however, if it closed at $35 and you bid $40, then you would ONLY pay $35. The final price is what you need to consider. 

but maybe a bit of clarification is in order for this part:

Bill Shewmaker:
Also, if you bid $40 and the closing price was $45, then you would be given a brief opportunity to raise your bid to the $45 level or to pass on it. 

this brief opportunity came when the CP crossed 100% earlier this week. Those who were in with a price lower than the going price received a mail that said (amounts differ):

The current community price for this product is $20.00.

Your bid for this product is $10.00.

Your current bid for this product will not be successful unless 1) you raise your bid to match the community price or 2) more bids are received before the closing date and the community price falls below your current bid amount.

Now, after the time ran out, those who didn't adjust their bid to the final closing price have saved $40 but won't get a second chance to get the resource as cheap.  

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 149
Timothy Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2013 3:14 PM

Evan Boardman:

Timothy Brown:
Dr. Joel Beeke lists it as #6 in his top commentary sets.

What are the others in his list?

Sorry this comes after the close of bidding, but for the record, Dr. Beeke's list of commentaries on the entire Bible is as follows: #1 Calvin's Commentaries #2 Matthew Henry’s Commentary #3 Matthew Poole's Commentary #4 The Dutch Annotations #5 The Pulpit Commentary #6 The Preacher’s Homiletic Commentary #7 The New International Commentary #8 The Expositor's Bible #9 John Gill’s Bible Commentary #10 New International Version Application Commentary.

Windows 8.1 64-bit, Core i5-3330, 8GB RAM

Posts 737
Evan Boardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2013 3:28 PM

Timothy Brown:
Sorry this comes after the close of bidding, but for the record, Dr. Beeke's list of commentaries on the entire Bible is as follows: #1 Calvin's Commentaries #2 Matthew Henry’s Commentary #3 Matthew Poole's Commentary #4 The Dutch Annotations #5 The Pulpit Commentary #6 The Preacher’s Homiletic Commentary #7 The New International Commentary #8 The Expositor's Bible #9 John Gill’s Bible Commentary #10 New International Version Application Commentary.

I see Poole is #3 , If you havnt placed a bid for this, Do so!Smile

http://www.logos.com/product/8517/matthew-pooles-commentary-on-the-holy-bible

Posts 165
Wayne | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2013 10:59 PM

I don't understand the retail pricing of the Preacher's Homiletic Commentary. It is now listed at $389. The Psalms Classic Commentary set which has approximately 3,200 less pages is now selling at $189. The Psalms Classic Commentary set seems to be appropriately priced. Based on number of pages this product should be somewhere between $199-219. Or is the pricing based on words not pages? Some have complained that the print copy of this commentary used very small print.

Posts 579
Andrew Baguley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 9 2013 2:38 AM

David Salazar:

would have been nice to get it $5 cheaper if we had more time from when it crossed.

Quite true, David.  The short time until the deadline also means that some people would have missed out.  If anyone thinks that two days is too short, and would prefer at least a week, then you can vote for it here: 

https://communitypricing.uservoice.com/forums/183260-general/suggestions/3510178-extend-minimum-community-pricing-closure-time-to-a

Note that the Community Pricing User Voice does not overlap with the main Logos User Voice, so you don't need to worry about withdrawing votes from Logos features to vote for this.  Smile

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 9 2013 3:34 AM

Wayne:
Based on number of pages this product should be somewhere between $199-219. Or is the pricing based on words not pages?

My guess would be it's based on what they think it's worth/what they think they can get.

Though the amount of work put into it may come in as well. Remember that lots of tagging may be more costly than lots of words.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 9555
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 9 2013 6:45 AM

Andrew Baguley:

David Salazar:

Quite true, David.  The short time until the deadline also means that some people would have missed out.  If anyone thinks that two days is too short, and would prefer at least a week, then you can vote for it here: 

https://communitypricing.uservoice.com/forums/183260-general/suggestions/3510178-extend-minimum-community-pricing-closure-time-to-a

Note that the Community Pricing User Voice does not overlap with the main Logos User Voice, so you don't need to worry about withdrawing votes from Logos features to vote for this.  Smile

I was not aware of uservoice but I immediately went to this link and voted. Although I got "in" on it I still think 2 days is far too short.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 6 of 6 (120 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 | RSS