NT Scripture References in the Biblical Commentary of the N T by Olshausen

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1134
Juanita | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jun 6 2011 10:27 AM

References to NT Scriptures in the body of the commentary are not colored and do not pop-up; however, references to OT Scriptures do.  This doesn't seem like expected behavior.  I have only checked it in Libronix version.

Posts 1079
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 6 2011 10:47 AM

In L4, looking at Luke 12:49 it seems to be fine, with hyperlinks to both NT and OT.

What passage are you looking at? 

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 1134
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 6 2011 11:30 AM

Martin Folley:

In L4, looking at Luke 12:49 it seems to be fine, with hyperlinks to both NT and OT.

If I scroll in the commentary to exposition of Romans,  Part 1:1-17, the Introduction:  none of the NT Scripture references are in blue and none pop up. The links in the NT are not there.    If I scroll down to verse 2 and find Genes 3:15 and Malach 4:2-those are both in blue and when I hover over them, the Bible verse displays and they link as they should.  This behavior is consistent throughout the Commentary in Libronix.  NT references are the same color as the commentary and OT links are in blue and work as they should.  I have found that links to the ECF are in red and they work.

To double check my own commentary behavior in Baker's NT Commentary: John, the NT links are blue and work.  Again, this is in Libronix.

Posts 1079
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 6 2011 11:41 AM

It looks like a Libronix thing.

In my L4, Romans 2 has active links to Romans 2 (the 2 in Ver. 2), as well as Acts 26:22 and Genesis 3:15 and Malachi 4:2

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 1134
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 6 2011 11:48 AM

Martin Folley:

It looks like a Libronix thing.

In my L4, Romans 2 has active links to Romans 2 (the 2 in Ver. 2), as well as Acts 26:22 and Genesis 3:15 and Malachi 4:2

Thanks, Martin.  It is a Libronix thing, then.  I appreciate your help.  I can live without links; it just looked so unlike any of my other resources.

God Bless!

Posts 10545
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 6 2011 11:52 AM

Joan ... have you tried to connect it to a Bible yet (or typed in a reference). On my L3, it behaves similar to yesterday's question on the Pseudepigrapha. I wonder if the two issues are connected.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 111
Richard Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 6 2011 2:33 PM

I too have the NT links working in L4 but not in Libronix; the OT links work in both versions.

Posts 218
John Nerdue | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 6 2011 3:09 PM

I don't have links working in L3 either. Very disapointing. Not happy. I holpe this will  be fixed.

Posts 111
Richard Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 6 2011 4:50 PM

There is another problem: the commentary never appears in the Passage Guide in Libronix, although it does in Logos 4. Does anyone know if reporting these problems in the forum is enough to get them fixed, or should we write to someone at Logos to inform them of these problems?

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 8 2011 4:19 AM

In case you didn't notice it, there was an update to the Biblical Commentary on the NT by Olshausen yesterday. I received it last night.

Posts 10545
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 8 2011 6:05 AM

If you're using L3 and your update-resources script didn't work (mine didn't), the file name is OLSHAUSEN01.lbxlls

Download from:  ftp://ftp.logos.com/LbxBooks/

If you're new to manually downloading, you put it in the folder c:\program files\libronix DLS\resources and then re-start your Libronix3.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS