Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 242
Nielsen Tomazini | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 9 2011 6:49 AM | Locked

Please see the images below. I was trying PBB with my thesis and I noticed that Bible refs. separated by semicolon just disappear. It does not happen if they are separated by a comma.

Correction!
Note that in the citation the first verse, before the semicolon, is preserved, but not the following verse. As for the rest of the text, all verses are removed. 

www.aprendalogos.com 
Youtube: AprendaLogos

Posts 11654
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 9 2011 7:39 AM | Locked

You don't have Smart Tags installed, have you? It's a known limitation of PBBs 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 242
Nielsen Tomazini | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 9 2011 7:50 AM | Locked

No, I don't have Smart Tags installed.

www.aprendalogos.com 

Posts 11654
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 9 2011 7:56 AM | Locked

As far as I can see from the other threads, it seems that Word inserts very cryptic XML-tags into the *.docx files. Maybe you want have a look into the XML file (open the docx with an archiver like winzip and then the document xml with an editor). Maybe generating a "more pure" docx according to the methods posted in other threads and on the wiki will help.

Mick 

Posts 242
Nielsen Tomazini | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 9 2011 8:08 AM | Locked

NewbieMick, thanks for these tips. I will try to have a look at the xml then. I have not heard of methods to generate a "more pure" docx. This really interests me. I will browse around and look for it.

Blessings,

www.aprendalogos.com 

Posts 13417
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 9 2011 8:13 AM | Locked

Nielsen Tomazini:
No, I don't have Smart Tags installed.

I think this is the most likely problem for this issue. It would be worth double-checking it hasn't been activated automatically (http://www.logos.com/articleviewer/530). On cleaning your .docx file see http://wiki.logos.com/Personal_Books#Cleaning_your_.2edocx_file

Posts 242
Nielsen Tomazini | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 9 2011 8:27 AM | Locked

Thanks Mark for the references.

Actually, I opened the XML of the docx file and see what I got there:

<w:smartTag w:uri="urn:schemas-libronix-net:datatype" w:element="bible"><w:smartTagPr><w:attr w:name="language" w:val="en"/><w:attr w:name="reference" w:val="Lam 2:3"/></w:smartTagPr>

I am sure I don't have SmartTag installed, I just formatted my computer one week ago. But, once I worked with this same document when I had Smattag installed, I believe Microsoft Word preserved the tags in the document.

So, I will follow the steps to "clean" the document and see what happens.

Blessings

www.aprendalogos.com 

Posts 242
Nielsen Tomazini | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 9 2011 8:49 AM | Locked

Got it to work.

I just took part of my thesis to test. 

First I copied the text and pasted into Notepad, so that any kind of formatting would be wiped away. Then I copied the plain text into a new Word docx. At this point I tried it out on PBB. The result was better but some Bible ref. links was "spread" through a good amount of the text, so it messed up references to simple texts. Most of the text was in blue/link.

So, I went back to Microsoft Word, saved the document in RTF, opened again and saved back into docx. So, everything is fine:

www.aprendalogos.com 

Posts 11654
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 9 2011 8:51 AM | Locked

Congrats!

Posts 13417
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 9 2011 9:27 AM | Locked

Nielsen Tomazini:
But, once I worked with this same document when I had Smattag installed, I believe Microsoft Word preserved the tags in the document.

Yes, that's right. Glad the 'clean' worked.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS