How do you work your screenshots?

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 242
Nielsen Tomazini | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 9 2011 11:43 AM

Hello all.

I am working with some tutorial stuff and I was looking for the best and/or easiest  way to insert arrows and texts over a screenshot. The image below show a good example of what I want to do.

My problem is not make, today I use Adobe Photoshop to do it. But I don't see Photoshop very handy to do that. I mean, I believe there is a simpler way to do it. Yesterday I tried working with Powerpoint (which should be the same as working in Word), just to place a screenshot and insert arrows. The arrows at MS Office are easier to work than Photoshop. Now, is there any better way? For example, in this image above, is there a tool that would insert the "d" inside of a circle and then from it I can drag arrow? Or is it just a combination of shapes. Let's say, you first type the "d" then draw the circle around then draw the arrows...

I thank in advance for any suggestion.

www.aprendalogos.com 
Youtube: AprendaLogos

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 9 2011 12:11 PM

I use Jing primarily, jingproject.com, it's simple and free.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 9 2011 12:12 PM

Nielsen Tomazini:
I thank in advance for any suggestion.

Check out the wiki here:

http://wiki.logos.com/Screenshot

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 242
Nielsen Tomazini | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 9 2011 12:26 PM

Thanks Kevin, thanks Richard,

I had Jing on my computer. I was not aware of the capabilities of drawing arrows etc. Great stuff.

Thank you so much,

Blessings

www.aprendalogos.com 
Youtube: AprendaLogos

Anonymous | | Replied: Fri, Jun 10 2011 4:29 AM

Illustrator or Freehand might be good tools for creating more intricate stuff since tgen you can create splines and such.

Most website hosts provide software to backup your site. Check with your host to find out what services and programs they provide.
Blog: How to backup wordpress site

Posts 89
Harbey Santiago | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 10 2011 5:27 AM

I Use MS paint. It might be a bit cumbersome but if you just want arrows, bubbles and letters, that is all you need.

"Viva Cristo Rey!!

Deacon Harbey Santiago

Archdiocese of Baltimore

Posts 449
Bill Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 10 2011 10:22 AM

SnagIt works great.

Posts 5576
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 10 2011 1:18 PM

Bill Cook:

SnagIt works great.

Ditto, After LBS, this is one piece of software I wouldn't be without.

Posts 224
Gerald P. Swetsky | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 10 2011 2:31 PM

Here's a second Amen for Snagit.  It does a heck of a lot more than draw arrows.  I just used it to send a bug report to Logos.

It's not free, but it got my vote for utility of the year last year.

Gerry

Posts 228
Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 10 2011 3:47 PM

1. Jing - works pretty good and is free

2. Snagit - works great and does a lot but isn't free.

If it's for something small I would Jing would probably do but if you are going to be doing a of screen captures and marking them up then go with Snagit.

Just my two centsStick out tongue

Posts 19177
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 10 2011 4:17 PM

SnagIt is awesome. It's one of my favorite utility programs. I use it literally every day, for all kinds of purposes.

I was going to show you a screenshot of some of its toolbars to show you what it can do, but ironically, it cannot take a screenshot of itself. Smile  It assumes you're trying to take a screenshot of what's behind it, and it hides itself. I guess it's kind of like how we cannot look ourselves in the eye (except through a mirror).

Posts 228
Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 10 2011 4:37 PM

Rosie, I would say you probably use it a lot!. I just went over 100 posts, only 9,107 post to catch you!Big Smile

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 12 2011 2:10 PM

Stephen Weasler:

Rosie, I would say you probably use it a lot!. I just went over 100 posts, only 9,107 post to catch you!Big Smile

Good luck!  Rosie's post count is a moving target.  Wink

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS