Move resources manually to Mac

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 844
Dewayne Davis | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 3 2009 2:27 PM

I have been downloading all day on the PC. I am up to 95 percent complete now and would like to move those downloaded resources to the Mac, as opposed to having to download them there as well. Can I just copy the folder to the Mac and let it see them? Or if I put them on DVD will that work? Thanks.

“... every day in which I do not penetrate more deeply into the knowledge of God’s Word in Holy Scripture is a lost day for me. I can only move forward with certainty upon the firm ground of the Word of God.”

Posts 10850
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 10:47 AM

Dewayne Davis:

I have been downloading all day on the PC. I am up to 95 percent complete now and would like to move those downloaded resources to the Mac, as opposed to having to download them there as well. Can I just copy the folder to the Mac and let it see them? Or if I put them on DVD will that work? Thanks.

That was a good question. I wish someone had answered it!

Posts 9
Chris Ritter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 8:48 PM

I copied my downloaded resources to:

/users/*username*/Application Support/Logos4/Data/*randomstring*/ResourceManager/Resources/

It seemed to do the trick.  I haven't really had time to mess with it and it still tells me that I have some downloads waiting, but it cut it by 8 Gigs. 

-chris

Posts 709
Russ Quinn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 8:52 PM

You should copy all the directories in the *randomstring* folder.

See this discussion:

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/3679/28744.aspx#28744

Russ

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS