Suggestion: Clipboard Monitor: Read the Text of Any Verse in Any Program

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 17
Gerrit Hofius | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jun 10 2011 3:10 PM

Hi folks,

I'm using logos 4 since some months now, after using the German SESB for nearly 5 years... And I really like it! But there is still one thing that I'm missing:

One additional software that I'm using is called "The Word". And this software has a feature called "Clipboard Monitor" (http://www.theword.net/index.php?article.features&l=english#cm). If you are reading any document that contains a verse reference, you can simply copy this reference to the clipboard. And if the software is running, it will open a popup window under your mouse and display the verse in the text. So you don't have to switch windows to read the verse.

Would it be possible to add something like that to logos?

Greetings

Gerrit

Posts 18876
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 10 2011 6:12 PM

Though Logos doesn't currently do precisely what you're requesting as automatically as you'd like it to (and I'm not trying to invalidate your suggestion -- it's a good one), you might not be aware that Logos does have a feature that's almost as simple. It's the "global shortcut" Ctrl+Alt+B. If you come across a verse reference anywhere you're reading, just copy it to the clipboard, press Ctrl+Alt+B, and Logos's Copy Bible Verses window will pop up. Paste the verse reference into the reference box there (using Ctrl+V) and press enter, and Logos will display the verse text. It will also let you copy the verse text from there to paste back into your Word process or wherever.

Logos also does do most of the other things that Clipboard Monitor does:

And it does not stop there. You may copy a whole article from a web-page and The Word will automatically detect and display all verse references in this text. From there, you can create a verse list, go back to see the verse context or just copy the verse text back in the clipboard.

Even when typing in your favorite word processor, you can just insert the text of a verse with a few keystrokes—no reason to change programs.

Logos does the first of these with Passage Lists (copy a whole article from a web page or wherever, then do "Copy passages from...clipboard" in a Logos passage list, and it will add to the PL all the verses that were mentioned in that web page)

The global shortcut Ctrl+Alt+B lets you insert the text of a verse with a few keystrokes, as I mentioned above.

Posts 17
Gerrit Hofius | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 11 2011 7:41 AM

Oh, thanks! I really did not think about using the Copy Bible Verse dialog. So, as you wrote, it's not precisely what I searched for but it's a really good idea! The Clipboard Monitor is still better but it's a good start to work with! Smile

And once again logos is getting better! Big Smile

Posts 687
Douglas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 12 2011 5:11 PM

Gerrit Hofius:

Hi folks,

I'm using logos 4 since some months now, after using the German SESB for nearly 5 years... And I really like it! But there is still one thing that I'm missing:

One additional software that I'm using is called "The Word". And this software has a feature called "Clipboard Monitor" (http://www.theword.net/index.php?article.features&l=english#cm). If you are reading any document that contains a verse reference, you can simply copy this reference to the clipboard. And if the software is running, it will open a popup window under your mouse and display the verse in the text. So you don't have to switch windows to read the verse.

Would it be possible to add something like that to logos?

Greetings

Gerrit

Good Idea!  Yes  :)

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS