Morphology Visual Filter Bug/Issue

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 3 2009 4:53 PM

This might not be a bug but I thought it might be helpful to share.

I like to highlight my Greek text so that at a glance I can see what tense each verb is (Perfect = Red, Present  = Yellow etc.). So, I consulted the help file and discovered I needed to start a new visual filter document. In it I opened up the Morphology window with "@" and clicked Verb and Present which resulted in "@V??P". Then I selected the yellow highlighting tool However, it doesn't work, in fact when I went back to the document Participle was highlighted in the morphology selection box, Logos thought P stood for Participle instead of present. Finally I figured out that typing "@V??P??" would force Logos to do what I wanted. When I went back to Logos 3 I found that the ending ?s were added automatically when adding items to a visual filter.

Overall I like the new visual filter scheme: it's more streamlined and intuitive (with the exception of this issue). Logos 4 would benefit from the ability to add automatically the ? for the variables that aren't specified, especially as people come on board with no LDLS 3 experience.

Posts 30
Aaron Frey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2010 5:38 AM

Since I don't see a reply from anyone to Kevin's post, I just want to second it. This bug happened to me while I was doing an inservice with the professors of my seminary to demonstrate the usefulness of Logos in the classroom. I didn't even notice the error until later. I hope none of them did, as it would certainly be a mark against Logos as a useful classroom tool. I hope a fix on this is coming.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2010 5:43 AM

Aaron, update to the latest version. This bug has been fixed.

EDIT: Ok, this has been fixed in the current Beta cycle. So when 4.0b goes gold this problem with the GRAMCORD morphology won't exist any more.

Posts 30
Aaron Frey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2010 5:45 AM

I just used "update now." There were no program updates available.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2010 5:46 AM

AaronFrey:

I just used "update now." There were no program updates available.

Sorry, I made a mistake, read my EDIT above

Posts 30
Aaron Frey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2010 5:53 AM

Thanks, Kevin. I'll look forward to that fix going gold.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS