Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 16
Daniel Norwood | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 3 2009 6:21 PM

I recently installed Logos 4 alpha on Macbook Pro.  I have scholar's gold and the indexing has been going on for about 8 hours.  How long does the indexing take?

By the way, the cross grade fees seem very reasonable for the new resources in Logos 4.

Clay

Posts 9405
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2009 6:35 PM

DanielNorwood:
I have scholar's gold and the indexing has been going on for about 8 hours.  How long does the indexing take?

Clay, I don't have a Mac but I know indexing is processor speed and memory dependent. I also have Scholar's Gold and indexing from scratch would probably take over four hours for me. I have a 2.0 GHZ processor (dual core) and 4 GB of RAM.

Note that indexing going forward should take less time.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 168
Bill Gordon | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 11:16 AM

I don't have a problem with the long index times for an upgrade from Logos 3 to Logos 4. Nor do I have a problem with waiting a long time for indexing to finish when I purchase a major upgrade. However, I just purchased one small book. When I clicked the merge button I got a message that said that the process could take several hours. Thinking that this referred to first time installations or to major upgrades I went ahead and clicked the button. My computer first calculated the time to index at 5.5 hours. Fortunately, this has now dropped to only 3.5 hours.

I would like to request that a new tool be added to Logos 4. We need a merge index tool that we can schedule to run in the middle of the night. Contrary to some other users I like the indexing because it really speeds up searches! Logos 4 may appear slower but that is because it is doing a lot more than Logos 3. (Granted there are some areas that need to be improved like typing notes.)

If the merge tool already exists I would someone tell me where it is located?

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 11:27 AM

Hi Daniel and William,

You may get a better response if you post suggestions and questions about the windows version of L4 in the Logos 4 forum instead of the forum for Mac 1.2.2.

Good luck,

Joe

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 168
Bill Gordon | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 11:48 AM

The Mac version doesn't have this problem?

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 2:45 PM

Hi William, there is a lot of alphabet soup going on here so it is easy to get confused.  I think I also confused the posts as well.  

If you guys are talking about installing and using L4mac that is currently in Alpha 3 release, then you need to post questions on theLogos 4 Mac forum. 

This forum is still for L1.2.2 for mac so the folks reading this may not be using the L4mac Alpha and therefore you wont get the help you need.  

Sorry if I confused you in my earlier post about the windows version.  

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 1955
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2009 4:02 AM

DanielNorwood:

I recently installed Logos 4 alpha on Macbook Pro.  I have scholar's gold and the indexing has been going on for about 8 hours.  How long does the indexing take?

Depends on the size of your library and the speed of your computer. I have Platinum plus a few other things and it took 14 hours on Alpha 2. On Windows/Fusion, it took about 5 1/2 hours.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS