Help Choosing a package or other software

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 27 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 7
jamloga | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 20 2011 2:47 PM

Hi David,

Thank you for your info.  I cannot find the IVP Bible Background Commentary on their website.  A lot of resources come up when I type in the name.  

Would you suggest keeping the Silver and just adding as I go with the way it is now?  Or dropping down and adding a few other resources?

Posts 7
jamloga | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 20 2011 2:57 PM

Thank you so much Allen.  So would you suggest I stay with the Silver and add as I can afford to?  

You mention 3rd parties, where can you find those?

Posts 13420
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 20 2011 3:00 PM

James Logan:
IVP Bible Background Commentary

It's part of the Essential IVP Reference Collection which I and a few others recommended earlier.

Posts 1718
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 20 2011 5:26 PM

James Logan:
Thank you so much Allen.  So would you suggest I stay with the Silver and add as I can afford to?  

I take it your budget limited you to Silver for your initial purchase. Ideally you go as far as you can reach, particularly if you are getting academic prices.

James Logan:

Forum rules prevent us from linking to competetors on Logos' forums, which is fair enough. I suggest you try to REJOICE in good SOFTWARE. :-)

Posts 2511
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 20 2011 7:50 PM

Thanks, Mark for pointing out that IVPBBCNT is only available in a bundle. I concur with Mark that Tyndale Commentary set would be a good purchase.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 2511
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 20 2011 7:53 PM

Yes, I would recommend staying with Silver and adding as you go. Logos offers some great sales around Christmas and whenever they have a major release (like Logos 4 Mac).

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 21 2011 5:16 AM

Allen Browne:

James Logan:

Forum rules prevent us from linking to competetors on Logos' forums, which is fair enough. I suggest you try to REJOICE in good SOFTWARE. :-)

And make sure to receive some e-mails to rejoice over as well. Smile

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 21 2011 6:36 AM

James Logan:
What your opinions are on commentaries, if you prefer one software over another, and just an overall suggestion on what would be best for someone in my position

Hello James,

Like the rest have said, welcome to the Logos family.

I personally have a different take about the base packages Logos has to offer.  Because I have a different theological bent, most of the base packages are a waste of money for me.  Therefore, I purchased the original language package and I added the books that I would use.

I would recommend being a good steward and purchase the package that you believe that you will get the most out of, and not to buy into the "bigger is better" theme.

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS