Okay, I give in...

Page 1 of 10 (186 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 185 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1030
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jun 17 2011 3:22 PM

The Forum Week Round-Up blog post that appeared not long ago says that Logos "hid an as-of-yet-undiscovered Easter egg."  I've been searching since I read that, but I can't find anything anywhere.  

Does anyone else have any ideas?  Seen any suspicious activity?!

Posts 5625
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 17 2011 3:39 PM

I don't have any idea.  Not even sure where to start looking.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 1030
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 17 2011 3:42 PM

Todd Phillips:

I don't have any idea.  Not even sure where to start looking.

Yes

Posts 3
Joseph Mazzanti | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 17 2011 4:03 PM

Alright, as I've stated in the off-topic thread, I took a glance at the source code for the main page of forum week. I'm not really the one to be browsing it, but I didn't see anything out of the ordinary there. 

I'll keep looking in other places though. 

Posts 340
Smithereens | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 17 2011 4:14 PM

Richard Wardman:
Does anyone else have any ideas?

I'll keep my eye out... Wink

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 17 2011 4:27 PM

The only thing out of the ordinary I've noticed so far is that Stephen's link to the post about what computer Bob uses gives an error message. I guess it's theoretically possible that he meant to change that link into an Easter egg link after the competition was finished, but something went wrong. Or that one time out of a hundred you do get the Easter egg from that link. But probably not. Smile

Wait, there's also the fact that an image from that blog post seems to have caused crashes on Windows. Maybe the Easter egg was in the image, but Logos couldn't handle it? Stick out tongue

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 340
Smithereens | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 17 2011 4:37 PM

fgh:
Stephen's link to the post about what computer Bob uses gives an error message

Doesn't for me...never did in fact...wonder why it doesn't for you. (but never fear, there's nothing to this possible lead)

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 17 2011 5:08 PM

Stephen Smith:
never fear, there's nothing to this possible lead

Didn't think there was. Smile

Stephen Smith:
wonder why it doesn't for you

Probably because your link in the post looks like this: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/33729/255130.aspx#255130

but when it turned up in my browser it looked like this: http://community.logos.com/forums/AddPost.aspx/p/33729/255130.aspx#255130.

Works now, though.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 17 2011 5:39 PM

Richard Wardman:
Does anyone else have any ideas?  Seen any suspicious activity?!

Where, oh where, can it be?

1. I checked the "Unread" threads.     Nothing.
  2. I checked the "Unanswered" threads.     Nothing.
  3. I checked the Logos employee roster (A bunch of them need to get avatars!)
  4. I added an item to my checkout and deleted because, Nope, you guessed it. No egg there.
  5. I even highlighted Stephen's posts to see if he used white text on white background like the keyword spammers do.

I think they have yet to load the Easter egg. (It hasn't yet been found because it hasn't yet been laid.)

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 340
Smithereens | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 17 2011 5:48 PM

Matthew C Jones:

Where, oh where, can it be?

1. I checked the "Unread" threads.     Nothing.
  2. I checked the "Unanswered" threads.     Nothing.
  3. I checked the Logos employee roster (A bunch of them need to get avatars!)
  4. I added an item to my checkout and deleted because, Nope, you guessed it. No egg there.

I think they have yet to load the Easter egg. (It hasn't yet been found because it hasn't yet been laid.)

Joseph Mazzanti:
I went through part of the site's source code

Come on, guys. Focus!

Posts 743
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 17 2011 6:10 PM

Isn't the Easter egg in the post made by Todd Phillips in this same thread? Or do I not completely understand what everyone is looking for? Confused

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | 4 Portfolio | 5 Platinum | 6 Feature Crossgrade | 7 Essential | 8 M & W Platinum and Academic Professional | 9 Academic Professional and Messianic Jewish Diamond

Posts 5625
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 17 2011 6:11 PM

Scott E. Mahle:

Isn't the Easter egg in the post made by Todd Phillips in this same thread? Or do I not completely understand what everyone is looking for? Confused

That was my own little joke (click on it).  I'm not a Logos employee.  I have no better idea than you do.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 17 2011 6:26 PM

Stephen Smith:
Come on, guys. Focus

Wasn't sure where to post this.  But is this the easter egg?    The text in Thomas Black's statement about his cell phone number and his office above Bob's, turns green when hovered over.

800-875-6467.  Call only between the hours of 6am and 5pm on weekdays.   Pay no attention to the fact that the lady answering the phone will say, "Thank you for calling Logos Bible Software, how may I direct your call."   Just ask for Thomas and remind her that my office is above Bob's.

Off Topic - Logos Bible Software Forums

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 1829
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 17 2011 6:31 PM

Hi Scott,

The term Easter egg is a term commonly used by computer programmers and software programmers that simply means there is a hidden surprise somewhere if you can find it. I don't think that we are looking for a literal Easter egg such as the picture that Todd posted. There is a secret sell somewhere in the forums, we just have to find it.

I am thinking that Stephen is dropping hints when he says "I'll keep my eye out...." and "C'mon guys focus". As an example, when he said "I'll keep my eye out" I immediately hovered my mouse over his eye in his avatar picture to see if there was a hidden link.

Posts 1829
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 17 2011 6:38 PM

Jerry M:
Wasn't sure where to post this.  But is this the easter egg?  

Definitely the closest thing to an Easter egg that I have found so far. It is acting as if it wants to be a link.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 17 2011 6:59 PM

Peace, my Brothers and Sisters!      *smile*

The closest I can come to an "Easter Egg" is the stylised cross that Stephen is wearing.  I had to "stretch" him to come up with the cross.   The Cross over the heart!        *smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 17 2011 8:20 PM

Richard Wardman:
Does anyone else have any ideas?

I suspect the tags which seem rather odd given the forum we're in:

I'm not great with riddles, but does this mean that I get Michael Heiser's Ipad with a  copy of Vyrso and The Façade on it?

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 29796
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 17 2011 8:54 PM

Rick Hypes:

I am thinking that Stephen is dropping hints when he says "I'll keep my eye out...." and "C'mon guys focus".

I don't know if Stephen's comments are clues or not, but they seem to be. My guess is that it has something to do with the Logos Logo:

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 699
Frank Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 17 2011 9:01 PM

I agree Alabama... Haven't found anything in the logo anywhere yet.

Posts 29796
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 17 2011 9:05 PM

I thought that it might also be within Logos 4 itself - have there been any small updates recently that could have snuck something in?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 10 (186 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS