Having trouble with software

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 64
Ronald Sharp | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 21 2011 9:35 AM

For the last few days I have been having trouble with my library. It started by not filling in the test for a moment after typing it. Than to day I try and type and and the library closes. What is the solution? I have shut down the program and opened it again that doesn't change things. Ron

Posts 4677
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 21 2011 3:02 PM

Hi Ronald,

Sorry to be so thick but I am not sure what the problem is from your explanation.

Ronald Sharp:
t started by not filling in the test for a moment after typing it.

It would be a good idea to post your log - see 'troubleshooting Mac' in the WIki.

There are others around here who can spot things in the logs which might point to the cause of your problem.

Posts 64
Ronald Sharp | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 21 2011 3:18 PM

What I wanted to say is text. In other words I'm working in notes and making one and when i hit the return key or perhaps some other key the program closes.

Posts 4677
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 21 2011 3:27 PM

Ronald Sharp:

What I wanted to say is text. In other words I'm working in notes and making one and when i hit the return key or perhaps some other key the program closes.

That sounds as if Logs will be needed to get a handle on what is going wrong.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 21 2011 5:04 PM

Mike Binks:

Ronald Sharp:

That sounds as if Logs will be needed to get a handle on what is going wrong.

Apologies, suspect "program closes" is a crash; would like to look at Logos 4 diagnostic logs, can compare to crash in Logos 4.2b SR-1 => Logos 4 Bible Software Quit Unexpectedly

Wiki Mac Troubleshooting => How to Report Bugs in Logos 4 Mac section has log posting steps.  Please reply and attach diagnostic logs.

Other option is contacting Logos Mac Support => http://www.logos.com/about/contact

Wiki Mac and PC User Interface Differences => Feature Parity section includes: "PC Notes have more capabilities than Mac, including automatic hyperlinking of scripture in notes and right click to Note item. One sync issue fixed in 4.3 Beta 2; couple bugs fixed in 4.3 Beta 3, editing keyboard shortcuts added plus crash fix in 4.3 Beta 5, compact view added for non-active Note(s) in 4.3 Beta 6, improved performance for sync of notes in 4.3 Beta 8"

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 987
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 22 2011 3:29 AM

This sounds similar to a problem I've been having, particularly using bullet points in notes, although quite often just from regular typing.  Tonya has assured us that this will be fixed in a future update.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS