Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 28 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 277
Ergatees | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 29 2011 7:20 AM

Here I go again! It is now 29 December. I have been using my Nook Color two ways: with the rooted SD card and also as the native Nook Color. All works fine.

After the new update, all continues to work. Last night I downloaded the Baker Bible dictionary to my SD card. I have many, many books now on the card and many of my personal pictures. I have Netflix on it and Angry Birds and Scrabble, etc., all free apps. The Logos app works fine on my rooted SDcard and I have access to the current books I am reading. I have Google Books and B&N books, plus the app for Amazon and more.

So I can happily recommend the provider at http://www.rootmynookcolor or anyone you choose to go this route.

May your new year 2012 be blessed.

Ergatees

Posts 1206
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 29 2011 4:17 PM

Ergatees:

Here I go again! It is now 29 December. I have been using my Nook Color two ways: with the rooted SD card and also as the native Nook Color. All works fine.

After the new update, all continues to work. Last night I downloaded the Baker Bible dictionary to my SD card. I have many, many books now on the card and many of my personal pictures. I have Netflix on it and Angry Birds and Scrabble, etc., all free apps. The Logos app works fine on my rooted SDcard and I have access to the current books I am reading. I have Google Books and B&N books, plus the app for Amazon and more.

So I can happily recommend the provider at http://www.rootmynookcolor or anyone you choose to go this route.

May your new year 2012 be blessed.

Ergatees

Glad to hear that you got a 32GB MicroSDHC to work; I wasn't so fortunate, so limp along with only 8GB.  My root isn't smart about power mgt, so it will run the Color Nook down so far that the Color Nook winds up loading the B&N OS instead.  A charge and then a reboot puts me back into the rooted version.

Posts 277
Ergatees | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 30 2011 4:56 AM

Hi, Ward,

Yes, my 32gb MicroSDHC works fine. I understand that the card to get is the class 4 Sandisk card, more expensive but this works where others don't. That is what I was told so I sold my original card from Kingston and the fellow at rootmynookcolor did his installation on a new card. He told me his tests showed that Sandisk is the brand that works whereas others gave problems. I downloaded the Baker Bible Encyclopedia which is 2,200 pages!

E.

Posts 277
Ergatees | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 30 2011 6:19 AM

I had to cut short my message because I was being summoned to table!

Many people say that once the Nook is rooted they never return to the Nook Color side of things. Why should they? Well, I do once in a while, but actually everything is on the card, my Gallery which shows the pictures so nicely and using DropBox is great too. But most of all, the Logos4 Android app works! And I can pick up reading what I was reading on my computer. I have not counted the books I downloaded from my library, but I will guess at around 20. I can read the Greek text from the new SBL with all the accents and in a beautiful font too.

Also, I noticed last night that reading the Baker Bible encyclopedia I can place my finger on the bible reference and it gives me the quoted text from the Bible. I am amazed that in a 2,200 page book I have the references available to me!

Hope this helps!

E.

Posts 6
Gary | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 10 2012 2:47 PM

Very interesting thread.

I've researched the nook color extensively concerning rooting and running android on it.  There is a company out there called  n2acard.com and they produce microsd cards that will boot into an Android tablet without touching the Nook color.  Doesn't void warranty, similar to booting into a Linux live cd but the sd card is persistent meaning you can read and write to it.  There full access to the Marketplace just like a regular tablet.  B&N has not locked the bootloader on the Color like they have on the tablet not allowing this to work on the tablet.

I would think you could use the Logos app and have access to all your library. 

Hope this helps

Posts 277
Ergatees | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 10 2012 10:22 PM

yep, the site you mention has a forum and some manuals that are useful. So far, I have 25 books from my Logos Library on my Nook and tonight before going to sleep started watching a NetFlix movie on my rooted Nook Color...just for the fun of it. It works very well. I could have bought an Ipad, but I am happy with my Nook and the size of it is right for me.

Cheers!

Ergatees

Posts 18
Pastor Brian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 4:21 PM

I installed Logos' most recent beta for android for the split-screen. I found myself not being able to get a split screen from the bottom right corner because of the menu buttons.

I am using a Nook color rooted with android cm7 on a sd card from android2nook.

Any suggestions for me? I really would love to use the split screen on my tablet.

I am able to have a split screen on my android phone.

Posts 29
John Tabor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 9:02 PM

Lievens on my status bar on bottom is the hide status bar button (looks like an upside down corporal patch). Hitting this button drops the status bar and you can get to the corner for split screen.

Hope this helps.

Posts 18
Pastor Brian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 26 2012 3:00 PM

That helped me a lot! Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS