The Working Desktop

Page 2 of 9 (161 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 160 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2011 9:48 AM

Steve Johnson:

Uh, what's a Sabbatical?  Smile

That's when they pay you to clean your desk! ;-)

Syntax Searching Group | Michigan Logos Users | L5 FAQ | OSX 10.10 | 2.4 GHz i5 | 8 GB Ram

Posts 59
David J. Sugg | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2011 10:07 AM

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors multiple monitors.

Only 495 more to go in this round of penance.

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2011 10:09 AM

I've got a whole stash (5 or so) old CRT monitors in my attic if anyone wants to drive to central Illinois and get them.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2011 10:14 AM

I love how in all 4 desktop pictures so far there has been the presence of at least one sticky note... if not more.  Sticky Notes just work with technology Geeked

Posts 10550
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2011 10:21 AM

Steve Johnson:
So I'm thinking: maybe we could post pictures of our desks, just as they are. Perhaps they are a window into our workdays.

Took the picture with my Blackberry, so it is a little fuzzy. I am a lefty, note the position of the all-important coffee cup.

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2011 10:51 AM

How do you like this one ?

It's not really my desk (or me).  I got this in a Google search.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 186
Robert G. Mettler | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2011 10:56 AM

George Somsel:

How do you like this one ?

It's not really my desk (or me).  I got this in a Google search.

Notice that this guy is on the phone with Logos support.

Posts 3809
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2011 11:11 AM

I have been blessed with an awesome desk. The base I'm a reserve AF Chaplain at updated their furniture and I was able to get my wing chaplains old desk, which is new to me!

<EDIT> I love perks, especially free ones. But it's always good to remember that any perk which burns with a match can't compare to what Ephesians 1 offers!

Posts 185
Steve Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2011 11:41 AM

Halo Hound:

The base I'm a reserve AF Chaplain at updated their furniture and I was able to get my wing chaplains old desk, which is new to me!

Your desk arrangement looks...military!  Neat, trim; shipshape (couldn't think of an AF description for orderly).

Pastor, rural Baptist church

Notebook: Dell Precision 4400; Core 2 Duo, 2.5gh; 8Gb RAM; NVIDIA FX 770M w/ 512Mb; Win7 Pro 64-bit; Novabench 510; WEI 5.9

Netbook: MSI Wind 12: Novabench 198; WEI 3.1

Posts 185
Steve Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2011 11:46 AM

Jack Caviness:

Took the picture with my Blackberry, so it is a little fuzzy. I am a lefty, not the position of the all-important coffee cup.

Jack, is there an inclined plane on your desk, or is it an illusion of camera angle? It looks like the left monitor slopes a little and the space under the keyboard is trapezoidal. I am also a lefty, but I use the mouse with my right hand to reduce carpal-tunnel fatigue on the dominant side. I also use a "natural" split keyboard (see original post here).

Notebook: Dell Precision 4400; Core 2 Duo, 2.5gh; 8Gb RAM; NVIDIA FX 770M w/ 512Mb; Win7 Pro 64-bit; Novabench 510; WEI 5.9

Posts 10550
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2011 1:06 PM

Steve Johnson:
the space under the keyboard is trapezoidal.

That is a reflection from the two displays. Wow! Didn't know my desktop was so shinny. 

Steve Johnson:
I am also a lefty, but I use the mouse with my right hand

I have to do that when I work on someone else's computer, and it is rather cumbersome for me. I don't understand why others do not use the most natural hand—that would be the left one.

Steve Johnson:
is there an inclined plane on your desk, or is it an illusion of camera angle? It looks like the left monitor slopes a little

Probably camera angle, but it is turned back toward the front of then desk slightly.

Posts 10550
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2011 1:09 PM

Halo Hound:

I have been blessed with an awesome desk. The base I'm a reserve AF Chaplain at updated their furniture and I was able to get my wing chaplains old desk, which is new to me!

Disgustingly neat. You must not be Baptist! Big Smile

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2011 1:37 PM

Jack Caviness:
I have to do that when I work on someone else's computer, and it is rather cumbersome for me. I don't understand why others do not use the most natural hand—that would be the left one.

Remember, the right hand is the right hand.  Stick out tongue

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 218
John Nerdue | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2011 1:43 PM

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2011 1:46 PM

James, I'm particularly fond of the stroller hidden by the desk in the first picture.  

Guard that child in Christ.  Well done.

Oh, and you're desk is appropriately cluttered, but your floor hasn't nearly enough piles of books laying around.

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2011 1:46 PM

George Somsel:
And that would make the left hand the wrong hand?  Devil

I REPENT!

Check the Wiki

Posts 218
John Nerdue | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2011 1:54 PM

Thomas Black:

James, I'm particularly fond of the stroller hidden by the desk in the first picture.  

Guard that child in Christ.  Well done.

The kids love to come in and visit dad as he is working. Playing dolls and driving cars around the room.

Thomas Black:

Oh, and you're desk is appropriately cluttered, but your floor hasn't nearly enough piles of books laying around.

The kids need plenty of driving room so the books must stay on the shelves or the desk. This is dad's office but also the kids’ playroom even though they have a separate playroom.

Posts 185
Steve Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2011 2:09 PM

Thomas Black:

George Somsel:
And that would make the left hand the wrong hand?  Devil

I REPENT!

The left hand is the sinister one.

Posts 10550
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2011 2:57 AM

Steve Johnson:

Are you accusing Halo Hound of being sinister? Me, I can understand, but why attack dear, sweet Rosie? Big Smile

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2011 4:42 AM

Jack Caviness:

Steve Johnson:

Are you accusing Halo Hound of being sinister? Me, I can understand, but why attack dear, sweet Rosie? Big Smile

sinister, -rī adj left; (fig) perverse, unfavourable; (Roman auspices) lucky; (Greek auspices) unlucky.

Collins Latin Dictionary Plus Grammar.  

Glasgow: HarperCollins, 1997.

george
gfsomsel

Page 2 of 9 (161 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS