The Working Desktop

Page 3 of 9 (161 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 160 Replies | 11 Followers

Posts 3809
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2011 6:47 AM

Jack Caviness:

Steve Johnson:
The left hand is the sinister one.

Are you accusing Halo Hound of being sinister? Me, I can understand, but why attack dear, sweet Rosie? Big Smile

If being left handed is sinister then what does it mean that my Avatar has two left feet?

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2011 7:04 AM

Halo Hound:
If being left handed is sinister then what does it mean that my Avatar has two left feet?

Sinisbro ?  Cool

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 286
Dr. Charles A. Wootten | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2011 10:24 AM

Thomas, although I'll be a bit south of you in Norris City the week of 18 July, I don't need anymore stuff. I forget who at the moment, but there is a business that will take those monitors from you for proper disposal. I'm sure you can search for them.

running Logos Bible Software 6.0a: Collector's Edition on HP e9220y (AMD Phenom II X4 2.60GHz 8.00GB 64-bit Win 7 Pro SP1) & iPad (mini) apps.

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2011 10:27 AM

Yes, my daughters boyfriend works at a computer repair shop and he can take them for recycling too.  but I keep them in the attic "just in case" one of my monitors dies and I need a quick replacement.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 10582
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2011 5:39 PM

Thomas Black:
I keep them in the attic "just in case"

My wife and granddaughter watch a program called "Hoarders", should I tell them to be watching for a pastor in the boondocks of Illinois? Big Smile

Posts 854
Ron Corbett | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2011 5:56 PM

George Somsel:

Jack Caviness:
I have to do that when I work on someone else's computer, and it is rather cumbersome for me. I don't understand why others do not use the most natural hand—that would be the left one.

Remember, the right hand is the right hand.  Stick out tongue

George,

I have to tell you that in the winters in NY, I always put my right glove on my left hand. (or, I could have said, my left glove on the right hand) Yes

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2011 6:50 PM

Jack Caviness:

Thomas Black:
I keep them in the attic "just in case"

My wife and granddaughter watch a program called "Hoarders", should I tell them to be watching for a pastor in the boondocks of Illinois? Big Smile

LOL  No probably not.  I'm in the midst of purging all sorts of stuff.  Computer guts, cables and monitors however are generally not tossed until I have assurance I'll never need "that part".  As many computers as I've repaired with a spare part over the years has justified that particular brand of hoarding.  

My wife watches that show on the occasion - I've seen it too and OH MY!  How sad the way people believe their life consists in the abundance of things.  

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 987
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2011 12:36 AM

Ok.  Here's mine.  

This is my desk at the church building.  I generally split my time between home and church (depending on which is quieter!) - if I remember I'll try to get a snap of my desk at home later.  I don't always use a second monitor, but it's handy to have around.  My notebook is open at my 'To-do' list, and this week I'm preparing an evangelistic message for an all-age guest service, so I'm reading (in dead-tree format) a book called 'Setting Hearts on Fire' by an Australian called John Chapman.  An excellent book.

Note the bare brick walls.  This is a very cold building, even in summer!

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2011 12:41 AM

Richard, we all know it took you three whole days to clean off your desk... looks good!

Posts 987
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2011 12:48 AM

Paul Newsome:

Richard, we all know it took you three whole days to clean off your desk... looks good!

Actually I tend to keep this one fairly tidy (because 'real' people are more likely to see it).  The one at home is a different story!

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2011 1:30 AM

Richard Wardman:

I'm reading (in dead-tree format) a book called 'Setting Hearts on Fire' by an Australian called John Chapman.  An excellent book.

Note the bare brick walls.  This is a very cold building, even in summer!

If you're reading that particular book in the hope of warming up the building, I think I'd find a different way.  It would only warm the building if you were to burn it, but I wouldn't suggest that!  Wink

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2011 8:06 AM

Nice pic Richard.  

I'm going to hold out for your home office though.  This one is a bit too tidy for my emotional health.

Check the Wiki

Posts 13368
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2011 8:42 AM

Thomas Black:
This one is a bit too tidy for my emotional health.

I deliberately created mess in my study to make Thomas feel better. Normally mine is spotless Wink

By the way, not a single dead-tree book you see in those pictures is yet available in Logos (apart from Holiness by Ryle, which I just spotted and added to my 'sell on Amazon' pile, and Goodwin volume 8 which is only in a set I can't afford).

Posts 1844
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2011 8:46 AM

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2011 8:56 AM

Mark Barnes:
I deliberately created mess in my study to make Thomas feel better.

You are gracious as always Mark.  Big Smile

Mark Barnes:
By the way, not a single dead-tree book you see in those pictures is yet available in Logos
I can't quite claim that myself.  I have numerous analog doubles.  My fear is of power failures which can happen at the worst of times out here in the country.  I have purchased a generator for backup, but then - well you have to put expensive gasoline in that thing.

Check the Wiki

Posts 185
Steve Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2011 9:21 AM

Mark Barnes:

I deliberately created mess in my study to make Thomas feel better. Normally mine is spotless Wink

Nice keyboard, Mark. It looks like mine, only newer. Any trouble with carpal-tunnel?

Pastor, rural Baptist church

Notebook: Dell Precision 4400; Core 2 Duo, 2.5gh; 8Gb RAM; NVIDIA FX 770M w/ 512Mb; Win7 Pro 64-bit; Novabench 510; WEI 5.9

Netbook: MSI Wind 12: Novabench 198; WEI 3.1

Posts 185
Steve Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2011 9:25 AM

Kenneth Neighoff:

Kenneth, is that a tablet to the right of your notebook? Also, interesting keyboard.

Pastor, rural Baptist church

Notebook: Dell Precision 4400; Core 2 Duo, 2.5gh; 8Gb RAM; NVIDIA FX 770M w/ 512Mb; Win7 Pro 64-bit; Novabench 510; WEI 5.9

Netbook: MSI Wind 12: Novabench 198; WEI 3.1

Posts 1844
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2011 9:33 AM

Yes,

It is an IPad tablet using Vyrso, with Bible open.

At home I use an Acer Netbook.

The keyboard is designed to keep you from having wrist problems.  My wife and kids hate it, so they stay away from my computer.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2011 10:00 AM

Mark,

i notices that your monitors are mounted on rocks (1 & 2 Peter).

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 13368
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2011 10:06 AM

Steve Johnson:
Nice keyboard, Mark. It looks like mine, only newer. Any trouble with carpal-tunnel?

Yes, it's a Microsoft keyboard, and has completely solved my carpal-tunnel. It's obsolete now, the current model is the one Kenneth has (I've one of those at my other computer). Both are excellent.

Page 3 of 9 (161 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS