The Working Desktop

Page 4 of 9 (161 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »
This post has 160 Replies | 11 Followers

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2011 2:23 PM

Mark Barnes:
By the way, not a single dead-tree book you see in those pictures is yet available in Logos (apart from Holiness by Ryle, which I just spotted and added to my 'sell on Amazon' pile, and Goodwin volume 8 which is only in a set I can't afford).

Well, I see MacArthur's Ashamed of the Gospel on the top right shelf, and there's a Piper book (Future Grace? I can't be sure) at the top middle.

It looks like you recently picked up Justification and Variegated Nomism  Tired of waiting for it in Logos?

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2011 3:00 PM

Kenneth Neighoff:

Yes,

It is an IPad tablet using Vyrso, with Bible open.

At home I use an Acer Netbook.

The keyboard is designed to keep you from having wrist problems.  My wife and kids hate it, so they stay away from my computer.

Hey Kenneth I see you have the same issue I had(have)

You've allowed Apple products (the iPad and iPod) to creep into your life, yet you still have a PC.  How does iTunes run on your PC?  The reason I ask is that once my iTunes collection became substantial enough I switched to Mac since iTunes ran so slowly on my PC.  I've never looked back! (well maybe sometimes)

Posts 1844
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2011 4:33 PM

Paul Newsome:

You've allowed Apple products (the iPad and iPod) to creep into your life, yet you still have a PC.  How does iTunes run on your PC?  The reason I ask is that once my iTunes collection became substantial enough I switched to Mac since iTunes ran so slowly on my PC.  I've never looked back! (well maybe sometimes)

Paul,

I only use ITunes on the PC to sync with the IPod and the IPad.

Posts 185
Steve Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2011 5:00 PM

Paul Newsome:

My son moved from PC to Mac his last year of university studies. Any day I expect to hear him say, "Father, I have sinned against heaven in and your sight...."

:)

Pastor, rural Baptist church

Notebook: Dell Precision 4400; Core 2 Duo, 2.5gh; 8Gb RAM; NVIDIA FX 770M w/ 512Mb; Win7 Pro 64-bit; Novabench 510; WEI 5.9

Netbook: MSI Wind 12: Novabench 198; WEI 3.1

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2011 5:05 PM

Steve Johnson:
My son moved from PC to Mac his last year of university studies. Any day I expect to hear him say, "Father, I have sinned against heaven in and your sight...."

Of course, he first has to "come to his senses."  Are you ready to welcome him back from the dark side to the PC realm?  Cool

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 5
Tangelia Burkett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2011 5:08 PM

Please help. How do I set up logos4 on my new ipad 2?

Posts 23
Ed W. Visser | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2011 5:15 PM

Steve, I like your work area, including the cat on the far right who added a few key strokes to your sermon notes.  Surprise

Posts 185
Steve Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2011 5:21 PM

If a cat who sleeps on books is a bibliocat, one who walks on keyboards might be a...

(...wait for it)

PC paw-er.

Notebook: Dell Precision 4400; Core 2 Duo, 2.5gh; 8Gb RAM; NVIDIA FX 770M w/ 512Mb; Win7 Pro 64-bit; Novabench 510; WEI 5.9

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2011 6:20 PM

Tangelia Burkett:

Please help. How do I set up logos4 on my new ipad 2?

You download the app.  Search for Logos Bible Software and you will see the L4 logo and it will be called Bible +.

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 27775
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2011 6:55 PM

Tangelia - 

"Logos 4" does not run on the iPad. Logos does have an App, however, which I have linked to below. When you download the app, you will need to enter your email address and password associated with your Logos account. This will provide you with access to your "mobile ready" resources. Note: not all resources are available on mobile devices. It is up to individual publishers to allow Logos to provide this additional access to its customers.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id336400266?mt=8

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 23
Ed W. Visser | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2011 7:28 PM

My cat (looks like yours), like sleeping right on the laptop keyboard -- mmmm, nice and warm.

Posts 185
Steve Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2011 7:43 PM

Ed W. Visser:

My cat (looks like yours), like sleeping right on the laptop keyboard -- mmmm, nice and warm.

Famous quote. See http://icanhascheezburger.com/?s=made+of+warm

Posts 26847
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2011 8:41 PM

Unfortunately, my cat prefers to pull the keys off the keyboard and chews the rubber backs.Crying

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5
Tangelia Burkett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2011 9:13 PM

Thanks so much. One more question, On the home page to logos 4, the article only showing three pages, instead in 7. How do I get the remaining pages?

Posts 5
Tangelia Burkett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2011 9:14 PM

Thanks

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2011 9:25 PM

Tangelia Burkett:

Thanks so much. One more question, On the home page to logos 4, the article only showing three pages, instead in 7. How do I get the remaining pages?

Noticed Dave Hooton responded to your question in a different thread => http://community.logos.com/forums/p/7879/263465.aspx#263465

Wiki has http://wiki.logos.com/Using_the_Forum with many tips for online forum discussion.

By the way, your Home Page question could have been one new post (instead of replying to 2 different discussion threads with same question).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 18715
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2011 9:47 PM

James, I am very tempted to covet when I see your three-monitor spread, but I noticed "SELF-CONTROL" defined on the leftmost one when I zoomed in, so I will restrain myself and not go out and buy two more. Actually, I do already have a second monitor, but it is in use right now as the display for my old XP machine, which I still use once in a bue moon. When I retire it for good I will set up a second monitor on my Windows 7 system, and that will be sweet.

For now I comfort myself with the fact that I'm posting this from 30,000 feet in the air on my Asus Eee Pad Transformer via the wonders of in-flight Wi-Fi. Will post a photo of my working desktop when I get home.

Posts 13368
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2011 10:30 PM

Todd Phillips:

Well, I see MacArthur's Ashamed of the Gospel on the top right shelf, and there's a Piper book (Future Grace? I can't be sure) at the top middle.

It looks like you recently picked up Justification and Variegated Nomism  Tired of waiting for it in Logos?

I knew someone would take that statement as a challenge! Both books now duly removed!! Thanks! I'm actually working my way around the room, cataloguing everything double-checking it against my Logos library. I'm about three quarters of the way round, and the two bookcases with the offending items haven't been done yet.

I'd held off buying Justification and Variegated Nomism for years, but I couldn't wait any longer. It's a bit disappointing because I'm sure it will come out in Logos eventually, so it will end up costing me more. I'm really enjoying it though.

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2011 10:47 PM

So I was sitting in my professor's office on Monday and his bookshelves, full of books, wrapped around the entire room.  As I looked at some of the more familiar spines I kept thinking to myself "Thats is Logos, thats in Logos, Thats in Logos..."  As someone who has not necessarily met the prime of his, God willing, pastoral ministry could it be possible that an office I may assume one day may look drastically different than his did?  I use seminary professor and book crazed pastor interchangably.

Logos and digital books in general could bust this stereotype right open!

Posts 13368
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 26 2011 1:04 AM

Paul Newsome:
could it be possible that an office I may assume one day may look drastically different than his did?

We've got a long way to go. Only two-thirds of my library is electronic, and when you consider that a reasonably portion of my Logos library are resources I may not have bought if they weren't part of a collection, then probably only half of my most useful library is electronic. I estimate probably 80% of my commentaries and reference works are in Logos, but perhaps only 20% of my monographs.

Page 4 of 9 (161 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS