Logos 4 comes with a Training CD?????

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 4 2009 1:06 AM

On the FAQ page it says (http://www.logos.com/support/faq):

A: Logos 4 comes with help files within the software. Open the help files by clicking on the question mark icon located at the top-right corner of the program, by typing Help in the Command Bar, or by pressing the F1 key.

Training articles and tutorial videos are available online. A Tutorial CD is included in all Logos Bible Software 4 Base Collections. Morris Proctor, an independent professional trainer who conducts Camp Logos seminars, has a forthcoming training manual which will be purchaseable once completed.

I'm guessing those of us who downloaded shouldn't be expecting this in the mail?

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 1:26 AM

Just a guess, but I'm guessing that's a pretty good guess!

Posts 29347
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 1:40 AM

Trust me - if I hear "absolutely amazing" one more time ... and that comes just from the feature material ... I dread starting the tutorials.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 1:47 AM

MJ. Smith:

Trust me - if I hear "absolutely amazing" one more time ... and that comes just from the feature material ... I dread starting the tutorials.

I'm sure they'll develop an hyperbole free version of the materials......

Martha, many of the tutorials are a bit "drier" because they are not as "professional". They do not feature scripted paid actors (who receive a bonus for every time they say the word "amazing") but developers who have worked on the program... eg. Rick Brannan

Posts 28
Jason Prince | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 1:49 AM

It would be really nice if all the Logos 4 training videos were available as quicktime videos rather than youtube vids, so I can review them offline.

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 1:50 AM

Jason Prince:

It would be really nice if all the Logos 4 training videos were available as quicktime videos rather than youtube vids, so I can review them offline.

Agreed. Though in firefox you can use an addon to download the video converting it in the process.

Posts 1002
LimJK | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 2:32 AM

Damian McGrath:

I'm guessing those of us who downloaded shouldn't be expecting this in the mail?

Damian,

I ordered my Portfolio with DVD, I recalled it is something like USD5 additional for the DVD to be shipped via First class mail to me in Singapore. I have downloaded and installed, still indexing after 10 hours Sad.  I suppose the tutorial CD should come with it (?).  Australia where you are is nearer to Logos office compared to me in Singapore! Smile should not cost you more for shipment.

JK

MacBookPro Retina 15" Late 2013 2.6GHz RAM:16GB SSD:500GB macOS Sierra 10.12.3 | iPhone 7 Plus iOS 10.2.1

Posts 767
Alan Charles Gielczyk | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 2:39 AM

Jason Prince:

Jason,

If you type "pwn" before "youtube" in the url it will download the videos to you computer.

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 4:46 AM

Alan Charles Gielczyk:

If you type "pwn" before "youtube" in the url it will download the videos to you computer.

Jason,

Can you give a specifc example of doing this? I tried but didn't get it to work.

Thanks!

Charlene

Posts 62
Mike T | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 6:28 AM

Jason Prince:

Another option is to use a program such as RealPlayer to download / convert the online video to play on your PC, iPhone or iPod...  RealPlayer is a free download, and I have used it for years to download videos and view them offline.

Hope this is useful...

Michael

Posts 52
LogosEmployee
Reuben Evans (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 11:42 PM

All of the videos from Morris are on logos.com/videos. So you aren't missing anything. And Real  Player does allow you to download YouTube videos as a poster said below.

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 12:27 AM

Reuben Evans:

All of the videos from Morris are on logos.com/videos. So you aren't missing anything. And Real  Player does allow you to download YouTube videos as a poster said below.

Reuben,

A very simple solution would be to NOT say on the FAQ page that we receive a CD with every base package.

I'm obviously not after such a CD - the FAQ is simply wrong!

Posts 274
Daniel Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 5:59 AM

Michael:

Jason Prince:

Another option is to use a program such as RealPlayer to download / convert the online video to play on your PC, iPhone or iPod...  RealPlayer is a free download, and I have used it for years to download videos and view them offline.

Hope this is useful...

Michael

Another program that worked for me and is possibly a smaller download than RealPlayer is Moyea Youtube FLV Downloader.  It supports download queuing (does RealPlayer?  I haven't used it in a while), among other features.  You can either save the files as .flv (flash video) and play with Applian FLV Player (or a similar free tool) or convert them to standard video files.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS