What is your most desired missing feature to be included in the next Mac version?

Page 2 of 3 (54 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 53 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 17 2009 12:32 PM

Steve Workman:
These are all great suggestions.  Logos does have a deticated email address for this.  It is Macfeedback@logos.com.
They also have a dedicated forum :-)

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 11
Corby Stephens | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 18 2009 3:58 PM

I'm a Pages user (iWork bundle) and would love it if the footnote feature worked when pasting text. It works in Word for Mac, Mellel, but not Pages in iWork '09. Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong or need to change a pref?

Posts 11
Dorsey McIntosh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 19 2009 12:00 AM

I would most like these features added:

1. Highlighting … in different colors (I really miss this feature, especially the softer highlighting colors that are available in the Windows version of Logos)
  2. Note taking … in rich text (like this posting feature)
  3. Moving from resource to resource in the same window by using right & left arrows 
  4. Intelligent copy & paste w/ footnoting … w/ pasting in to Pages & Word & Open Office

BTW, I very much like the easier, simplified preferences feature in Logos for Mac. It's so much easier to find thing with it's unified &  tabbed format rather than the 3 different menu items in the Windows version. Good job on this.

I haven't posted before, but my hearty thanks for a good job so far on Logos for Mac.  I was so tired of having to fire up WinXP in Parallels & wait for it to load & deal with all it's quirkiness.  Thank you.

(Note: 2 months ago I upgraded to a new unibody MacBook w/ 4 gigs of memory.  I also upgrade to Parallels version 4 & reloaded WinXP Pro.  The new Parallels upgrade works fabulously in running WinXP.  But, I still have not needed to load on my old Logos for Windows because Logos for Mac is doing such a fine job of meeting my needs. I do feel confident that if I come to the point of needing some of the advanced features of Logos for Windows the new Parallels will handle it much better.)

Thanks again for building a new, beautiful Logos for Mac from the ground up.  You guys are doing a super job & I praise God for you all! Many blessings!

Dorsey McIntosh

Budapest, Hungary

Posts 74
Monroe R Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 19 2009 6:41 AM

Mark up, notes, and printing.

Rich+

Posts 403
777 | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 19 2009 7:45 AM

A Linux port of the Mac program is my most desired missing feature.

Thanks for asking!  Smile

Posts 18
Jason G. Barnhart | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 19 2009 12:22 PM

I love Libronix and am very glad to see a Mac version. I would like to see a Bible reading plan like the one on the Windows side.

Posts 201
Garrett Ho | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 19 2009 4:57 PM

PBB please :)

After that, an autoupdate feature within the application for both the application and library files. And also print/export.

Posts 42
Matt Barker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 19 2009 8:18 PM

Support for Addins - I'd really love to be able to use the Sermon File Addin.

Posts 21
Jason Mc | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 20 2009 12:41 AM

tabs. tabs. tabs. tabs. tabs. tabs pleeeeeaaaasssssssseeeeeee.

Posts 8
Jonathan Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 22 2009 2:19 PM

I believe pages' format for importing footnotes is significantly different than that of MS Word, from what I've heard at least.

Posts 1
Craig Rhoades | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 23 2009 11:41 AM

1 - Notes (with links), 2 - Bible Reading Plan, 3 - Customizable Toolbar.

Fewer bugs would be awesome, too. 

Posts 1
Craig Rhoades | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 23 2009 11:48 AM

...are you saying that email is the preferred method to make these suggestions, or is this just FYI?  It is helpful for me to see this in a discussion forum, and I hope it is helpful for Logos developers as well. 

Posts 6
Benjamin Galan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 24 2009 8:25 AM

I'll just repeat what people have said: highlighting (really necessary when reading books with libronix), notetaking feature (I do most of my exegesis with libronix and would like to keep them in one place). Finally, I fully agree with MichaelMiles: we need a linux port (or the ability to do so... I've tried many ways but not luck thus far). Thank you Logos for your great work. I hope you're listening (you've done that quite well so far).

Posts 16
Gavin Anthony | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 24 2009 9:35 AM

Yes, I definitely agree--I really miss the Bible speed search!

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 25 2009 8:24 AM

This post just reminded me one more: Bible copy tool. I use the PC version frequently, would like to see something as flexible on the Mac.

Posts 11
Corby Stephens | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 26 2009 2:26 PM

Search by Strongs numbers? Is there already a quick way to do this?

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 27 2009 9:57 AM

I would like to add that I do miss the home page for collections.  Not having access to things like my John Piper sermon Home Page, makes  finding his relevant sermons relatively impossible (the time it takes is far too great vs. the return).  I would like to be able to gain access to these third party home pages again if possible.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 315
Luuk Dondorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 30 2009 1:45 PM

All of the Windows features, esp:

1. PBB
  2. Notes (drag/drop + linking + ext web linking + maybe something like Evernote
  3. Printing 

Luuk

Luuk

Posts 1928
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 1 2009 11:37 AM

I guess based on some of the other threads, it would be nice to see a resource updater similar to the windows one.

Posts 42
Jeffrey Hands | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2009 12:57 AM

Notes, mark up and bible reading plan....  My thoughts exactly! The notes and mark up tools in QuickVerse and Accordance are really lacking compared to Logos Windows version, which amount to my favorite features of Logos, making it perfect for daily reading and devotions.

Page 2 of 3 (54 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS