Beta 9 Performance Issues (?)

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 82
David L Adams | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jun 27 2011 5:21 PM | Locked

Has anyone else had issues with performance since installing Beta 9? I find that almost every operation that I perform in my main layout, even just scrolling text, causes a 'spinning beachball' for 20 seconds to a minute (or more in a few cases). This same layout worked just fine with Beta 8 (i.e. no performance issues or spinning beachballs), and nothing else has changed on my setup (MacBook Pro running in 64-bit mode, 4 Gig of RAM and a 500 GB hard drive). Performance is so bad that the program has suddenly become almost unusable since installing B9.

Before someone asks, yes, I have rebooted the machine (several times).

DLA

Posts 10788
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 27 2011 6:13 PM | Locked

David Adams:
Has anyone else had issues with performance since installing Beta 9?

You may not want to hear this, but no problems here.

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 27 2011 6:16 PM | Locked

No new issues for me on either of two machines.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 27 2011 7:17 PM | Locked

Apologies, Logos 4.3 Beta 9 on my iMac seems faster.  Unable to replicate issue posted => Scrolling: Reverse Interlinear Bible, which can be very slow at times  Concur with Missing Lag after Beta 9 - Thankful for scrolling improvement Smile

Note: manually rebuilt bible index => 4.3 Beta 9 (v4.30.0.0964) available

Wonder about trying a different layout ?

Curious about screenshot for sluggish layout; could try replicating.

If want to enable diagnostic logging, willing to look at log files => How to Report Bugs in Logos 4 Mac

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 82
David L Adams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 28 2011 7:29 AM | Locked

OK. So having established that this is a local problem, I tried a few routine things (rebooting, using different layouts, creating a new layout, running with fewer other apps, etc.), none of which seemed to help. So I decided to rebuild the indexes (bible and general). I did that overnight, and things are much better this morning. After a few hours of work with Logos today I have had none of the performance issues that have plagued me consistently for the last few days.

I am not sure how to explain why upgrading to β9 from β8 should have caused the slowdown, but rebuilding the indexes seems to have solved the problem, at least for now.

Thanks for the advice/input.

DLA

Posts 10788
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 28 2011 8:42 AM | Locked

David Adams:
rebuilding the indexes seems to have solved the problem, at least for now.

Now that you mention it, I did rebuild my Bible Index.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS