Pre-pubs available

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 37
Nina Jones | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 30 2011 12:34 PM

To Dave Kaplan,  Yes !!!!! Just had to say it. Thank you!  

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 30 2011 12:56 PM

Nina Jones:

To Dave Kaplan,  Yes !!!!! Just had to say it. Thank you!  

Umm,    Yeah, Thank you Dave.  Although I imagine my wife is thanking you for just the opposite of what I am thanking you for. Wink

(walking on eggshells here)  With the help of Dave Kaplan my computer is presently downloading a few resources that have been on my wish list for a l-o-n-g time. My wife Nina is happy because I saved so much money. Confused  Dave should be happy because he sold so much stuff. Big Smile  I am happy, for obvious reasons. Zip it!   Logos should be happy because they made so many others happy today.    Music Music

Somebody should give that one-eyed pup a medal!

edit: In the interest of keeping all posts related to Logos software I must point out never in my life has Bible study been as easy as it is today using Logos 4. My only worry is how much more accountable I become for being so blessed.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1650
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 30 2011 6:13 PM

Matthew C Jones:
... My only worry is how much more accountable I become for being so blessed.

Actually, that's a really good point, Matthew.

It was much easier in (say) 1200 for someone to survey how the church fathers and doctors had understood a book of the Bible. Now there is so much material, so many commentaries and so many perspectives -- how can we stay on top of it all?

Using Logos, we can have resources that would have cost a farm each, add journals that put us in touch with current perspectives, carry them with us everywhere, and search them all instantly.

With that comes the responsibility to do justice to how Bible passages have been received in previous generations, to evaluate biases (e.g. Enlightenment skepticism, or post-modern relativism), and grapple with doing justice to the Bible as history, as literature, and as theology.

Indeed: Logos is a great enabling tool, and with it comes great responsibility to handle God's word well -- in a way that aligns us with what God is doing in his world.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 30 2011 6:14 PM

Matthew C Jones:
Somebody should give that one-eyed pup a medal!

I don't think I get it Matthew. Whatever do you mean by that??

Glad you asked, me. I wonder how many guys can

1. buy a bunch of Logos software,
  2. tell their wife about it,
  3. watch their wife on her own initiative
  4. log on the Logos forums
  5. and thank the Sales Rep for selling her husband the resources!

You gotta be kidding me!

Nope. That is what happened today. But we aren't talking about just anybody. This is the same lady that posted THIS.

Now you see why the puppy deserves a medal. Yep, he does!    He really do!  

Posts 846
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 30 2011 7:24 PM

Dave gave you a deal outside the now-past FB Forum sale and the regular CP and Pre-Pub deals?

Can you elaborate?

Dave is my go-to guy, too!

(But I really, really, really don't need to buy anything more right now!)

Optimistically Egalitarian (Galatians 3:28)

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 30 2011 9:02 PM

Eric Weiss:
Can you elaborate?

It was really all Dan Pritchett's doing.  It was not a "special, private, Matthew-only" sale. This was the remnants of the October 2010 Pre-Pub snapshot sale Dan Pritchettt offered to forum readers.

Short version of the details: it had to be initiated in October of last year and completed by June 30th of this year with the clerical help on both ends by a Logos Sales Rep.. Dave Kaplan helped me in October, in May & today. 

Because of that offer I was able to get a lot more resources in the last 8 months than I ever dreamed. It put me in position to participate in Black Friday, 12 Days of Logos,  Master Collection, March Madness, and lots of Community Pricing and Pre-Pubs that I otherwise would have missed.

I am humbled by how nice everyone at Logos is. And I marvel at how understanding my wife is. God is so good to me.

Posts 493
Michael Anda | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 30 2011 10:29 PM

Matthew C Jones:
I am humbled by how nice everyone at Logos is. And I marvel at how understanding my wife is. God is so good to me.

I agree.  Now I need to shut my piehole about the issue I've been vexed about and get back to a state of gratitude.  Thank you for sharing, Matthew.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS