Page 2 of 3 (41 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 40 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 10548
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 8:59 AM

Donovan R. Palmer:
4. On your XP desktop, right click and click Properties-->Settings-->Advance -->Troubleshoot and turn the Hardware acceleration to just one step above off.

Donovan

While this seems to accelerate things a bit, I now have a ghost following my cursor. Or perhaps, I just too fast for XP. Have you noticed this?

Jack

Posts 1928
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 9:19 AM

JackCaviness:
While this seems to accelerate things a bit, I now have a ghost following my cursor. Or perhaps, I just too fast for XP. Have you noticed this?

No ghost here... You are just too fast! (I bet your Mac Pro is way better than mine anyhow!) ;-)

Posts 10548
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 9:33 AM

Donovan R. Palmer:
I bet your Mac Pro is way better than mine anyhow!

Maybe. I have 2 x 2.66 GHz Dual Core Mac Pro that is 3-1/2 years old.

Posts 1928
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 10:47 AM

JackCaviness:
Maybe. I have 2 x 2.66 GHz Dual Core Mac Pro that is 3-1/2 years old.

OK, my MBP is newer, but I think your Mac Pro is more experienced!

Posts 187
Rev. D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 13 2009 12:11 PM

Rick, how do you "give" Fusion 2 GB of RAM? Also, how much RAM does your computer have?

Thanks! 

Christina

iMac 27 inch, 3.1 GHz Core i5, 1T HD, 4 GB RAM

Posts 187
Rev. D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 13 2009 12:13 PM

How do you install Fusion 3 as a new VM? Also, did you have to reinstall all of the software that was on your previous VM?

Thanks! 

Christina

iMac 27 inch, 3.1 GHz Core i5, 1T HD, 4 GB RAM

Posts 1928
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 12:33 AM

Christina, the link in my signature below this post has a small blog on how to allocate ram to your virtual machine. Give it a look and if you need any help, just post a message on here as there are several of us that use Fusion to run L4 Windows.

Posts 1928
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 12:35 AM

RevWilming:
How do you install Fusion 3 as a new VM? Also, did you have to reinstall all of the software that was on your previous VM?

Unfortunately, this means that after you upgrade to version 3, you need to set up a new virtual machine by installing XP again. Your existing machine won't be harmed and you can run it any time you want. It just means you will have two virtual machines which you can choose at start up on which to run.  It also unfortunately means that once you install XP again, you will also have to install your software again on this new machine.  Again, your old machine and it's software will run fine, but the new machine has to be set up from scratch.

Posts 255
Pat Flanakin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2009 4:17 AM

I always find that if at all possible, do a fresh install.  Can someone clarify that if you setup a new virtual machine after installing VM3 where you have already been working in Logos 4 where you have added notes and such, how do you get those notes and everything over to the new virtual machine (the idea being you don't lose what you have already created in Logos 4)?

Thanks for any replies

Posts 1928
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2009 5:43 AM

pflanakin@gmail.com:
I always find that if at all possible, do a fresh install.  Can someone clarify that if you setup a new virtual machine after installing VM3 where you have already been working in Logos 4 where you have added notes and such, how do you get those notes and everything over to the new virtual machine (the idea being you don't lose what you have already created in Logos 4)?

Welcome to the forums!

I haven't done this yet, but the notes should be downloaded automatically as they are saved on Logos servers. L4 uses "cloud" type technology. The only thing I have seen a complaint over is that user defined collections were not transferred and that was raised as a bug today in a separate thread. To make doubly sure on this, if I were in your shoes I would build the new virtual machine and get it running to insure everything transferred before deleting the old virtual machine. If you have enough hard drive space to do this, there's no real downside to doing this.

Posts 10548
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2009 1:42 PM

Donovan R. Palmer:
The only thing I have seen a complaint over is that user defined collections were not transferred and that was raised as a bug today in a separate thread

The custom collections I created in the Parallels VM are available on the Mac A-8 Passage Guide. So, it seems that they are transferred, at least on my system.

Maybe, Bob likes me after all, even if I did not get 4.0a auto-magically. Big Smile

Posts 1928
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 21 2009 12:03 AM

JackCaviness:
The custom collections I created in the Parallels VM are available on the Mac A-8 Passage Guide. So, it seems that they are transferred, at least on my system.

I read later in the bug report that the collections were indeed transferred over, it just took a bit of time.

Posts 10548
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 21 2009 5:38 AM

What did you do? Post just enough to make the club, and then quit? Big Smile

Posts 1928
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 21 2009 6:09 AM

JackCaviness:

What did you do? Post just enough to make the club, and then quit? Big Smile

LOL. Rosie said she would stay up until I hit the number so she could take a screen shot. This was about the time that I had just finished reading the whole forum, was hoovering at 665 and really didn't have a reason to post again. Yet, without making too lame of a post, I made it to 666 and went off to do some things other than read the forum! Besides, I don't want to overtake you.  You are my mentor on here!!!

Posts 6
Tim Quiring | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2009 2:43 PM

I installed L4 in a VMWare 2.0.6/XP Pro environment last night, looked great.  This morning L4 would not open, XP tells me L4 encountered a problem and had to shut down.  Restarted VMWare, same result.  Reinstalled L4 same result.  Upgraded to VMWare 3.0.1 AND reinstalled L4, same result...  What is the definition of insanity?  Any ideas?

Posts 1928
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2009 12:41 AM

Tim Quiring:
I installed L4 in a VMWare 2.0.6/XP Pro environment last night, looked great.  This morning L4 would not open, XP tells me L4 encountered a problem and had to shut down.  Restarted VMWare, same result.  Reinstalled L4 same result.  Upgraded to VMWare 3.0.1 AND reinstalled L4, same result...  What is the definition of insanity?  Any ideas?

Welcome to the forums Tim!

Make sure you reboot your computer in between restarting VMware. I have known VMware to like being run on a freshly rebooted machine before when dealing with problems.

The only thing that I can think of is that when you do a reinstall, you need to make sure that all traces of L4 are removed. (I'm taking a shot in the dark here). I would be suspicious that even when I use the control panel function to deinstall Logos 4, that it is leaving some of the user configuration files on the computer. So I would go searching for those to make sure. Here's an article on Logos 3 which can give you some idea of what I am talking about: http://www.logos.com/support/article/533 You might have to call CS to get Logos 4 specific instructions.

That said, if you upgraded to Fusion 3.0, you only really get the speed benefits of this version by setting up a new machine with Fusion 3.0.  Even though Fusion 3.0 can read and run machines created with earlier versions, it is version 3.0 with version 3.0 created machines that gets the best performance. If I were in your shoes, I would probably just create a new machine and try re-installing Logos 4 on that new machine. (rather than fight the old one). I am using Logos 4 on Fusion 3.0 and it works really well. Once you get it running, go to the wiki to see some suggested settings for Fusion to make Logos 4 run as fast as possible. http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_4_Mac

HTH

Posts 121
Scott Yip | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2009 2:33 AM

I have been using L4 in XP with Fusion2.0 for nearly a month. Speed is not fast but I slowly get used to it. I hesitate in spending time installing Fusion 3.0 all over again, coz I hope that the L4 for Mac beta maybe coming in a few months. So, I wait.Wink.

Posts 1928
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2009 3:31 AM

Scott, Yip:
I have been using L4 in XP with Fusion2.0 for nearly a month. Speed is not fast but I slowly get used to it. I hesitate in spending time installing Fusion 3.0 all over again, coz I hope that the L4 for Mac beta maybe coming in a few months. So, I wait.Wink.

The ideal is to wait if you can or are willing. They've come some way in 8 weeks.  I have no clue what sort of projection this would put them on for beta 1, but a sort of personal guesstimate is April/May next year. (this is my guess not Logos')

Posts 24
Kazooless | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2010 1:07 PM

With my L3 install in Fusion & L1 on Mac, I am also sharing the resource folder. I have a MacBook Pro, and little hard drive space to spare.

Is there NO way for L4 to share the same resource folder any more? Is it possible that a custom resource folder is a "feature" that will eventually be implemented in the final version?

jeff

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2010 1:25 PM

JeffKazules:
Is there NO way for L4 to share the same resource folder any more?
Currently, no.

JeffKazules:
Is it possible that a custom resource folder is a "feature" that will eventually be implemented in the final version?
I suppose anything is possible, but I have never read anything to suggest Logos plans on changing their current install method.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Page 2 of 3 (41 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS