How do you do parsing in your sermon prep?

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 128
Levi D. | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 1 2011 9:33 AM

I've been trying different ways of using the parsing helps in Logos 4 in my sermon prep.

Currently, I...

1. Paste the Greek verse in my notes, separating it so that there is one word on each line.
2. Copy the lemma from the Exegetical Passage Guide, Word for Word section (easier than typing it in),
3. Type in the parsing next to that (using the EG for help), ending with the definition.

So it looks like this in my notes: μεγάλη, — μέγας — adj/nom/sing/fem — great

I was just wondering how others do their parsing, that we might share some ideas here.

I spent most of my time in thinking of divine things, year after year; often walking alone in the woods and solitary places for meditation, soliloquy and prayer - Jonathan Edwards

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 17 2011 12:44 AM

Personally prefer Logos 4 Visual Filter highlighting so can look for colorful patterns (also like Louw-Nida for pop-up contextual glosses):

For example, Jude 1-7 has a variety of participle usage.  Lexham High Definition New Testament includes Emphasis (bold) and Backgrounding (grey).  Lexham Discourse Greek New Testament has 3 Emphasis clauses (bold) and 3 Circumstantial frames (grey).  

By the way, forum reply has my Logos Greek Morphology visual filter definitions => http://community.logos.com/forums/p/33743/261226.aspx#261226

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS