Cambridge Greek NT

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 27 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 159
Donn Arms | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 8 2011 10:01 AM

The next important community pricing project push should be for the Cambridge Greek NT! Jay Adams says this is still one of the finest Greek reference works available. It is concise and accurate. Come on folks. I have spent $28 dollars for a single used volume of this series. You can have them all for that price!

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2011 10:05 AM

This little puppy doesn't want to wake up. We tried last week too but he's just too sleepy. He really needs a blog so everyone can see how cute (and useful) he is.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 570
Rev Chris | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2011 10:07 AM

You've convinced me to put my bid in at $28.

Pastor, seminary trustee, and app developer.  Check out my latest app for churches: The Church App

Posts 159
Donn Arms | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2011 10:14 AM

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE

For years, I have touted the series, The Cambridge Greek New Testament, as a valuable and vital tool for those students who know Greek. Written by a series of authors such as Farrar, Wescott, Moule, Plummer, and other English writers at the turn of the century, they provide a resource unlike others. They are small, contain the Greek Testament readings (with critical apparatus), comments on the passages involved—if and when they may contain difficult material, and special discourses on particularly difficult sections. These authors, in the conservative-slightly liberal British tradition of the period, contain a wealth of material.

If you look for used copies of this series (and they are sometimes available) be sure you do not confuse them with several other series Cambridge University published about the same time using similar sounding titles. Logos is also republishing several of those series as well. They are not as valuable as this one.

Kudos to Logos for making these once more available.

Jay E Adams

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2011 10:17 AM

DMB:

This little puppy doesn't want to wake up. We tried last week too but he's just too sleepy. He really needs a blog so everyone can see how cute (and useful) he is.

I see you pandering to those in the forums with dog avatars

... GOOD THINKING! [imagine the little dog face emoticon right here]

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2011 11:00 AM

DMB:

Perhaps if he were to wag his tail ?  Wink

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2011 11:08 AM

Paul Newsome:

DMB:

George Somsel:
Perhaps if he were to wag his tail ?  Wink

Personally bid on http://www.logos.com/product/8528/cambridge-greek-testament-for-schools-and-colleges many months ago.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2011 11:22 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Paul Newsome:

DMB:

George Somsel:
Perhaps if he were to wag his tail ?  Wink

Personally bid on http://www.logos.com/product/8528/cambridge-greek-testament-for-schools-and-colleges many months ago.

Keep Smiling Smile

Big Smile  Cute.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2011 2:53 PM

Well, as the cracker-jack marketing department at Logos is fully aware of, appreciation of the greek is much more likely to be found among puppy and dog owners.

Cat owners generally appreciate the nuances of theology, while goat owners go for hebrew (well, maybe not actual owners).

But a blog entry would certainly help move this one along. It has so much history in it.

Posts 21
Robert Campbell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2011 3:01 PM

DMB:

But a blog entry would certainly help move this one along. It has so much history in it.

Stay tuned to the blog next week!

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2011 3:13 PM

DMB:
Cat owners generally appreciate the nuances of theology, while goat owners go for hebrew (well, maybe not actual owners).

Baaaa ... woof, woof ! Wink    Ø

cats Ø

george
gfsomsel

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2011 3:24 PM

Thanks, Robert!!

Posts 159
Donn Arms | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2011 3:42 PM

Hey Robert. Please have the powers that be who produce these things for you contact me. You do not have all the the volumes in this series listed on your products page.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2011 3:47 PM

Donn Arms:

Hey Robert. Please have the powers that be who produce these things for you contact me. You do not have all the the volumes in this series listed on your products page.

Option: can email missing volume information (plus forum thread reference) to suggest (at) logos (dot) com

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 182
Steve Shelton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2011 8:20 PM

I am in what about John Gill.  We need help on this wonderful set of commentaries.

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2011 9:36 PM

Steve ... on John Gill, it'd probably be good to start a new thread. Maybe explain it's value to you and why others might need it. Sometimes what seems obvious, needs some 'selling'.

The biggest problems we have on the Community Pricing is (1) most people aren't really that familiar with some of the resources and (2) some also don't understand how the process works, so they're missing out on a lot of really good buys.

A new thread by someone that is really enthused by a resource can really get the ball rolling.

Posts 5127
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2011 11:55 PM

DMB:

A new thread by someone that is really enthused by a resource can really get the ball rolling.

Yes...and a threat or two about the wrath of God might give it a nudge, too. Lightning

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 1336
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 16 2011 2:00 PM

This is a GREAT deal! I have been waiting for this... it seems to have stalled.

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 16 2011 2:58 PM

Mike Tourangeau:
This is a GREAT deal! I have been waiting for this... it seems to have stalled.

I've been in for ages for this resource. Let's get it across the finishing line!!!

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS