Where did the Reference Browser go?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 260
Pastor Cleghorn | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 4 2009 9:20 AM

No Reference Browser in L4 – I found this handy in searching for references in books like BAGD. It made finding the right verse in the exact Greek reference easy.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 9:24 AM

DanCleghorn:

No Reference Browser in L4 – I found this handy in searching for references in books like BAGD. It made finding the right verse in the exact Greek reference easy.

Wow, that's a tiny font. Feeling a bit smallish this morning?

Uh, back on topic, Rich.

The reference browser is replaced by the "Cited by" tool in L4. It's located, conveniently, under Tools.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 9:26 AM

You have two options

1) Use the "Cited by" tool. It works a lot like the old Reference browser. However, it is inferior for BDAG searching in that it does not open the lexicon directly to the cited example. I use option #2

2) Use a basic search window, limit its scope to BDAG and just search for the reference you want like "John 1:1" or "J 1:1." When it gives you the results click on the highlighted reference in the search box and it will open BDAG just like the old reference browser.

Earlier today I was just about to post a similar complaint on the forum and then I decided to try the regular search tool out and I was set to go.

Logos, if you're listening, even though we can duplicate the ability of the old reference browser to open a resource to a specific spot in an entry with a basic search we can't link it to an open window. Please change the cited by tool to at least have the option to open an article directly to the spot citing it.

Posts 260
Pastor Cleghorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 9:40 AM

Thank you for you help. I do not know why my fonts are small though. Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS