Need Logos research pointers so I can write a proposal on Christian maritial counseling using Logos...please help

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 68
Moses Rivera | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jul 11 2011 12:29 PM

Hello Logos Users,

Thank you for reading my post and I hope you and others can help figure out how I can use the wonderful Logos application to assist me with my project for school. I am asked to use 10 or more resources for this project that will inform and direct how I choose to conceptualize and implement an area of ministry. I am hoping my Logos library will suffice. For my project, I was asked to choose and area of ministry to write a proposal on. I have chosen to write a proposal on "marital counseling". I have to include the following sections below in my proposal and be as creative as possible. I will be checking any replies to my forum post periodically today. Any pointers and recommendation will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance and God bless YOU!!!

A. The Need for the Ministry

• Why does my church need this ministry?
  • What are the characteristics of my target audience?
  • What problems do they face? Why (i.e., etiology)?

B. The Plan for Ministry

• Name of the ministry
  • Mission statement
  • Core values of the ministry
  • Leadership structure, roles
  • Strategy for training and supervising lay leaders
  • Ministry structure (meeting formats, times, places, etc.)
  • Financial needs of the ministry
  • Ethical consideration
  • Evaluation plan
  • Implemenation timeline

C. Ministry Curriculum

• What curriculum options are you considering (books, video, participant, manual, etc.)? What criteria will you use to evaluate curriculum? What are their relative strengths and weaknesses?
  • What curriculum will you finally choose and why?
  • How will you implement  this cirriculum?
Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 11 2011 12:42 PM

Two good places to start would be a search of the books in your library itself and a basic search of your library contents.

• Open your library (Cmd-L Mac, Ctrl-L PC) and search for keywords such as marriage or counseling and see what resources are available in your library. This is probably not everything you have on the subject, but it can make for a good starting point.
  • Open Search (click the magnifying glass at the top left) and make sure Basic search is selected. Look up some of those same keywords and see what you find that way.

Posts 165
Wayne | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 11 2011 12:45 PM

A very simple approach is to do a search on your whole library as follows:  marital NEAR counseling

This search will show every place the word marital appears within close proximity of the term counseling.  There is the potential that you have lots of books that can help or very few. The search in my library returns 31 different resources.

Posts 6725
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 11 2011 12:46 PM

If you have Logos Leadership or above, type "marital counselling" with the quotes in the search box. Select the text next to the word search, chek the box next to "large text" and "surface text". This will help eliminate unwanted results.

Lynden Williams Communications

Posts 68
Moses Rivera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 11 2011 1:06 PM
Posts 68
Moses Rivera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 11 2011 2:15 PM
Thanks for a quick response. I don't see "Large Text" and "Surface Text" check boxes. I only see check boxes for Search Fields, Solid Colors, Emphasis Markup; and Highlighter Pens. I must have a logos application glitch.
Posts 743
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 11 2011 3:27 PM

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | 4 Portfolio | 5 Platinum | 6 Feature Crossgrade | 7 Essential | 8 M & W Platinum and Academic Professional | 9 Academic Professional and Messianic Jewish Diamond

Posts 68
Moses Rivera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 12 2011 7:26 AM

Hi Scott,

Thank you for pointing this out to be. I did not know that the categories could be collasped.

Blessings,

Moises Rivera

Posts 2468
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 13 2011 1:31 PM

Do you have this resource? http://www.logos.com/product/6277/caring-for-souls-counseling-under-the-authority-of-scripture ? I studied under this author in both undergraduate "Pastoral Counseling" class and Master's level "Marriage and Family Counseling" This resource draws on a lot of Larry Crabbs insights.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS