Collins Bible Companion

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9
James Cutter | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 12 2011 12:43 PM

I was pleased when the Collins Bible Companion became available in Logos 4 because of the many wonderful charts and diagrams it contains. However, once I had it installed in my library, I discovered the charts contained printing which was too small to be read on my computer screen! I have tried many different ways to enlarge the diagrams, but they are in .PNG format and, therefore, not scalable. The more I enlarge it, the more pixelated the image becomes. This is most frustrating since it was for the diagrams and charts that I purchased the book. Has anyone else experienced this problem? And, if so, have you found a way to enlarge the diagrams so they are readable? Any help will be appreciated! Thanks!

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 12 2011 2:13 PM

Wonder about Print to PDF ? similar to forum discussion => Infographics - Incorporating into other apps

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 9
James Cutter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 12 2011 8:42 PM

Thanks, Keep Smiling. However, I do not have a Print to PDF option on the Windows based Logos 4. I do have a PDF Printer Driver which allows me to print to a PDF, but when I tried that option, it created the same highly distorted text in the image. Also, the Preview function you recommended is, I am assuming, a Mac function, not a Windows function. Finally, after printing to a PDF, I am not able to scale the image and then save as an image file. 

When I right click on an image or graphic in Logos 4, I am presented with the options to COPY (which I would then use to PASTE into another application), SAVE AS ... IMAGE and then I have 5 options for format (.PNG, .BMP, .JPEG, .TIFF, and .GIF). The .PNG and .GIF formats seem to give me the best results, but even enlarged to full screen, the pixelation is so bad as to be unreadable.

Of course, this is when I am trying to copy an image or graphic and use it in another application, such as PowerPoint. When I am trying to use the actual resource in Logos 4, the image is way too small and the text is too small for me to read it at all. Thus making all the graphics in this book basically unusable. I can't read it when it is is being viewed in Logos 4 and I can't read it if I try and copy it to a different program so I can enlarge it. So, I can't use them either way. Most of the other resources in Logos 4 seem to have a different graphic format which makes them more scalable without distorting. This one does not appear to use the same type of graphics formatting. 

Does anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks!

Posts 9277
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 12 2011 9:08 PM

James Cutter:
Does anyone else have any ideas?

The problem is the graphics are too low resolution and there is nothing you can do to enhance that. This is an issue discussed before with other Logos resources. It is truly a shame. It renders the graphics unusable. 

See the discussion about graphics in the ESV Study Bible here: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/31411/233384.aspx

Here's another one: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/5273/41252.aspx

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9
James Cutter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 12 2011 11:01 PM

Mark,

Thanks for your information and suggestions. I read the material in the other posts you referenced. Looks like the best I can do is right click and save as a .PNG file, then use that in other applications. It will work for some resources, but, as you mentioned, it won't help with those resources where the graphic was scanned at too low of a resolution. In those situations, the graphic will just basically be useless. Hopefully, Logos will address the issue with future resources they offer.

Jim

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS