Request: Full Screen Button for Lion

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 20 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 912
David Knoll | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 20 2011 5:16 PM

Hi I am using Lion. I am able to toggle using a trackpad gesture between applications  that have the full screen button at the bottom right corner of the window. At the moment Logos is missing that button. Could that be easily added? It would make a big improvement...

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 20 2011 9:27 PM

We're still investigating the new features of Lion and deciding how best to take advantage of them.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 844
Dewayne Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 20 2011 10:00 PM

David Knoll:

Hi I am using Lion. I am able to toggle using a trackpad gesture between applications  that have the full screen button at the bottom right corner of the window. At the moment Logos is missing that button. Could that be easily added? It would make a big improvement...

You can drag Logos to its own space and do the same thing. In fact, you can probably drag more windows to another space and quickly swipe from one to the other.

“... every day in which I do not penetrate more deeply into the knowledge of God’s Word in Holy Scripture is a lost day for me. I can only move forward with certainty upon the firm ground of the Word of God.”

Posts 912
David Knoll | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 21 2011 8:02 AM

Dewayne Davis:
You can drag Logos to its own space and do the same thing. In fact, you can probably drag more windows to another space and quickly swipe from one to the other.

Hey! This works!

Thanks!!!

Posts 82
Andrew Hanson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2011 10:49 AM

I would like full screen support as well. My only computer is my laptop, which has limited screen real-estate. So, the more screen I have, the happier I am. Full screen please!!!

Posts 226
Kurt Trucksess | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2011 2:41 PM

I put in another vote for full screen support. Yes you can do it already, but incorporating it with that new feature in Lion would be sweet!

Dr. Kurt Trucksess www.christ2Rculture.com
Posts 1002
LimJK | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 23 2011 6:57 AM

+1

JK

MacBookPro Retina 15" Late 2013 2.6GHz RAM:16GB SSD:500GB macOS Sierra 10.12.3 | iPhone 7 Plus iOS 10.2.1

Posts 62
Rev. Wayne Paul Barrett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 23 2011 9:41 AM

Yes, please. Yes Logos is the perfect app for full screen.

Posts 197
Rick Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 23 2011 12:54 PM

Dewayne Davis:

Thanks for that tip Dewayne.  I had wondered if that was possible and now I know.

Posts 6
Pastor Peter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 23 2011 5:45 PM

Can I add 100 votes?

Posts 9
Kent Dresdow | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 23 2011 6:31 PM

I'm using Lion with my new Magic Trackpad (desktop version, not macbook), but can't figure out how to select some text, say, in a commentary, and highlight it, copy it, etc, since there's no button to click to select anything? Selecting text works in other programs I've tried, just not in Logos 4. Any fixes for that? 

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 24 2011 5:10 AM

Selecting text in Logos 4 should work the same way that it does in other applications: press down on the magic trackpad and move your finger without releasing the pressure.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 29794
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 24 2011 9:37 AM

David Mitchell:

Selecting text in Logos 4 should work the same way that it does in other applications: press down on the magic trackpad and move your finger without releasing the pressure.

Kent - What David says is true, however I have found it easier to use two fingers. Use your thumb to click down. Keep the pressure applied and use another finger to drag/move the highlighting field. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2
D. C. Brotherton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 24 2011 3:32 PM

I'd like to add another vote for Logos including support for Lion's built-in Full Screen function. It would be a fantastic tool for my Logos workflow. Thanks for your consideration!

Posts 844
Dewayne Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 25 2011 2:58 PM

Full screen for Logos4.

“... every day in which I do not penetrate more deeply into the knowledge of God’s Word in Holy Scripture is a lost day for me. I can only move forward with certainty upon the firm ground of the Word of God.”

Posts 762
Patrick S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 26 2011 12:29 PM

vote for Logos including support for Lion's built-in Full Screen function.

Don't need to wait - if you are comfortable doing a bit of hacking the current Logos app can be made to work full screen using built-in functionality in Lion.

http://www.tuaw.com/2011/07/25/hackinations-making-any-os-x-app-full-screenable-in-lion/

These are the files I found in my L4M application.

$ grep -iRl NSWindowBacking *

English.lproj/Login.nib
English.lproj/MainMenu.nib
English.lproj/MainWindow.nib
English.lproj/ProductActivation.nib
FloatingWindow.nib

If you were to do this please note caution to backup your Logos 4 app. I don't have Lion (yet) so have not been able to test/confirm.

"I want to know all God's thoughts; the rest are just details." - Albert Einstein

Posts 844
Dewayne Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 26 2011 12:58 PM

Patrick S.:
Don't need to wait - if you are comfortable doing a bit of hacking

I found that Maximizer was a pretty easy fix. That is what I used for the above screenshots.

Posts 2
Zack Chatterton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 27 2011 2:33 PM

Add another vote for fullscreen, especially if you can open up separate windows and take them full screen, would be nice to have quick access to different resources with more real estate on my 13" MBP. The separate desktops idea is working for now, but having it built in would be pretty slick. Keep up the good work!

Posts 6
Wade Greene | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 27 2011 4:29 PM

Having just switched to a Mac, this would be great, please add this.

Posts 25
Peter Sanad | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 29 2011 7:24 PM

Zack Chatterton:

especially if you can open up separate windows and take them full screen,

If you are only interested in taking separate windows full-screen (as opposed to the entire Logos application): place each window in a separate desktop as mentioned before, then enter 'Reading View' from the top-left book icon. This takes each window into Logos idea of full-screen view.

Then it is easy to swipe between windows. It's quite limited to the way you use Logos, but I've found it works well for now.

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS