Harold Hoehner, & Thomas Edward McComiskey - Exegetical Commentaries

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2691
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 21 2011 11:09 AM

Will someone at Logos be kind enough to help get Harold Hoehner's & Thomas Edward McComiskey monumental commentaries licensed? Since you guys have a good working relationship with Baker, this may not be difficult if you make a request. Please try.

1) Ephesians: An Exegetical Commentary By: Harold W. Hoehner
2) An Exegetical and Expository commentary The Minor Prophets by Thomas Edward McComiskey.

Below is Baker's response

Greetings, Ted.

Thanks you so much for your note.

I have passed it on to the director at Logos, they request the titles from us which they feel will reach their “market”.

Mary Molegraaf

Domestic Rights Associate

Subsidiary Rights Assistant

Baker Publishing Group

Thanks

Ted Hans

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 21 2011 12:07 PM

Yes I'm pretty sure these titles squarely hit a large chunk of the "market"

Posts 56
AA7163 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 21 2011 12:13 PM

agreed

Posts 1887
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 21 2011 1:28 PM

Hoehner's Ephesians commentary has been requested numerous times... It's the best commentary I've found on any book, even though there are a number of points where I disagree with it.

Donnie

Posts 390
Alain Maashe | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 21 2011 3:05 PM

Ted,

Great job as always

These two would certainly be very popular and are much needed for the books they cover.

I hope everything is well with you. I am still working slowly (but surely) on my dissertation. from a conservative estimate, I should be done before the turn of the century Big Smile

Take care.

Alain

Posts 2691
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 21 2011 3:08 PM

Alain Maashe:

Ted,

Great job as always

These two would certainly be very popular and are much needed for the books they cover.

I hope everything is well with you. I am still working slowly (but surely) on my dissertation. from a conservative estimate, I should be done before the turn of the century Big Smile

Take care.

Alain

Good to hear from you again Alain! I have missed your many interesting post. Stay blessed brother and kindest regards.

Ted

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 485
Randy Lane | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2011 4:15 AM

Missing from the reply:

1. Have the titles been requested before?

2. While Logos may initiate teh request, Baker likely sets the terms/price.

I would be hesitant to assume from this response that the blame for these titles not being available in Logos is entirely, if at all, on Logos. There is a lot more to this than the simple reply you got from Baker.

Posts 2691
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2011 10:48 AM

Randal M Lane:
I would be hesitant to assume from this response that the blame for these titles not being available in Logos is entirely, if at all, on Logos.

Interesting how some folk read stuff. Who is accusing or blaming Logos?

Randal M Lane:
There is a lot more to this than the simple reply you got from Baker.

Of course but I am puzzle at your take/impression of my post.

Randal M Lane:
Have the titles been requested before?

Yes. Will the above titles be made available in Logos? - Yes. How do I know, that would be telling? It does take time to get titles license, not to mention the legal process involved.

Randal M Lane:
While Logos may initiate teh request, Baker likely sets the terms/price.

I am not sure who has suggested otherwise. I am sorry if you read more than my post intended to convey. This was not me having a go at Logos but me making a plea. Logos does have many titles they have to review, process on a daily basis and in addition request from publishers.

Ted

Posts 485
Randy Lane | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2011 3:45 PM

I apologize if I misinterpreted your post.

Since the titles, at least Ephesians, have been requested several times, and with a great many positive responses each time, I assumed you were somehow inferring that the response from the Baker was somehow an inference that Logos had never sought the rights to include them.

We all know what we do when we "assume".

My point is that we simply do not know enough about "where" any of these negotiatons stand to make any kind of statement about "who is at fault", or who needs to "get on the ball". Postings in this forum often point fingers at Logos or a specific publisher for items not being avaialbe in Logos. And I've caught myself doing so also. We should, as other official (and unofficial) have suggested, avoid such finger pointing and simply write about our desire for publications and features and why we would acquire them if made available in Logos.

Thanks for the post though. I reqpeat my own enthusiastic approval for inclusion of the commentaries. I consider the Ehesians volume the model by which I would hold up other contempory commentaries when format, thoroughness, and objectivity are concerned. Then again, I would not expect any author to turn out a large volume of works like this in a lifettime. Even one volume such as this is the fruit of a lifetime dedicated to sound exegesis, not the result of a routine methodology designed to produce a compendium of publications.

Posts 2691
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 10 2012 11:21 AM

Thank you Logos. The long wait is over, at last!

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS