What is really on the L4 DVD?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2376
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 4 2009 6:09 PM

I have ordered the Platinum dvd, an upgrade from Gold, and waiting for it to arrive.

I have read on the forum that the dvd contains no resources, only the L4 upgrade, but others have said that it does contain the resources.  Does anyone know for certain?  Thanks.

Posts 5571
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 6:12 PM

RonaldQuick:

I have ordered the Platinum dvd, an upgrade from Gold, and waiting for it to arrive.

I have read on the forum that the dvd contains no resources, only the L4 upgrade, but others have said that it does contain the resources.  Does anyone know for certain?  Thanks.

There were issues with resources on the Portfolio DVD for a while. I'm quite certain that the Platinum DVD should be include at least resources new in L4. There will likely still be some downloading of rebuilt L3 resources, and any resource updated since the DVD was built.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 6:12 PM

Bradley recently confirmed that all resources (except those which have since been updated) are included on the DVD. I could search for it but so could you (and we'd both have the same trouble finding it).

But, it was confirmed.

Posts 347
Mitch Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 6:15 PM

I remember Bradley's statement to the effect that all but 50MBs filled up the entire DVD.

Posts 2376
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 6:31 PM

Thanks!

Posts 448
Bill Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 7:07 PM

Well, if they are on there, they are very hard to find... My DVD says it has 133 MB in the Resources folder...

Is there a way to backup the resources?

Posts 147
Scott H. Clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 7:12 PM

I thought I recalled reading that they were "hidden" files on the DVD.  Don't know if that's right, though.

Posts 448
Bill Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 7:20 PM

OK, makes sense. I just want to have to go through another 6.1 GB download in case something happens...

Posts 274
Mike W | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 7:37 PM

Scott Howard Clark:

I thought I recalled reading that they were "hidden" files on the DVD.  Don't know if that's right, though.

I ordered the platinum upgrade on DVD and all the windows resources were hidden (attribute on files set to Hidden).  They installed fine and if I set explorer to show hidden files they showed up.  By default the DVD looks like it only contained a  small ".app" folder but everything is there. Autoplay in windows offers to run the setup file even though it is hidden.

Thanks

Posts 1848
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 7:57 PM

RonaldQuick:
I have read on the forum that the dvd contains no resources, only the L4 upgrade, but others have said that it does contain the resources.  Does anyone know for certain?

There is one dual-layer DVD (8 GB) for Christian Home up through Platinum. It contains the Windows and Mac versions of the Logos 4 engine, all of the databases, and all of the resources. No matter which base package you purchase, you're getting the same DVD.

Portfolio adds a second disk containing additional resources that wouldn't fit on the first disk.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS