Academic Pricing in Beta!

Page 1 of 3 (52 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 51 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 184
LogosEmployee
Dan Pritchett | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 22 2011 4:11 PM

We are ready to beta test the new academic discount program. Even though it is beta, this is only valid for actual enrolled Bible college and Seminary students and professors.

You will need to upload a copy of your valid student or faculty ID to qualify.

If you'd like to apply for the Academic Discount Program and beta test the site, please fill out the application at: http://www.logos.com/user/academic/apply

Please let us know your thoughts by replying in this thread so we can get your feedback.

Thanks!

Posts 286
Dr. Charles A. Wootten | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2011 4:40 PM

Spiffy! We do not have school-specific ID cards. Now what?

{charley}

running Logos Bible Software 6.0a: Collector's Edition on HP e9220y (AMD Phenom II X4 2.60GHz 8.00GB 64-bit Win 7 Pro SP1) & iPad (mini) apps.

Posts 1565
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2011 4:45 PM

Application was submitted. Will I receive an email upon review? How do we use it?

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2011 4:46 PM

It does not keep the information provided under "Major(s)".  As soon as I type it and move on it disappears.

Then when I try to submit the form is tells me there is nothing entered into the Major(s) area

...Tongue Tied

Posts 56
AA7163 | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2011 4:50 PM

MDiv or Divinity doesn't appear to be an option currently for a seminary student.  Did this just get missed when the form was made?

Posts 56
AA7163 | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2011 4:50 PM

MDiv or Divinity doesn't appear to be an option currently for a seminary student.  Did this just get missed when the form was made?  Really excited about this beta!

Posts 26834
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2011 4:54 PM

Isn't it just one of several lumped under "Masters degree"?

I love the restocking fee. Since the product is not stocked in any conventional manner I assume this refers to stockings or stocking caps.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 56
AA7163 | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2011 5:00 PM

Paul, you have to select one from the pop-up list and if your degree isn't in the list then the typing disappears.  Its like in the Denomination box.  My divinity degree isn't in the list so the form clears for me too.

MJ. Smith:

Isn't it just one of several lumped under "Masters degree"?

The question is what would I choose.  I'm pursuing a Masters in Divinity.  This is not currently an option, so the form clears and I can't submit it.  I could choose something else but this would be innacurate and since it is such a common degree, it should be an option in the list.

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2011 5:02 PM

ok AA7163, you an I are in the same "boat"

Posts 572
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2011 5:13 PM

No student I.D. Sad How about a picture of my student library card? Big Smile

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | Logos 4 Portfolio | Logos 5 Platinum | Logos 6 Feature Crossgrade | Logos 7 Essential Upgrade - Large | Logos 8 Methodist & Wesleyan Platinum and Academic Professional

Posts 38
Ryan Riley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2011 5:43 PM

We have a number of bug fixes coming soon, as well. You'll notice a large number of improvements coming in the next few days!

Posts 1844
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2011 6:11 PM

I do not have an I.d. Card. But I do know my faculty employee number on my pay stub.

Posts 42
LogosEmployee
Nathan R. Elson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2011 6:28 PM

Understanding that not everyone has a Student ID available to upload, you can also upload any document that shows proof of your association with the school; such as a class schedule; an acceptance letter; the document should be an official document from the school and clearly show that you are currently enrolled.

I hope that information helps!

Posts 236
David Ladiges | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2011 7:45 PM

Paul Newsome:
It does not keep the information provided under "Major(s)".  As soon as I type it and move on it disappears.

There should be a drop down menu beneath Major as soon as you have typed a few characters. Selecting an option from there will fill the box as expected.

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2011 8:13 PM

Thanks David,  I was able to get every other major (*and almost just went with "Drama") except for mine (Divinity).  Looks like they're working on it

...I'm experiencing the same as AA7163

Posts 22006
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 23 2011 12:27 AM

Dan

Many thanks for making this available - it's really useful.

As far as I can see, once we login to the Logos website - after registering - we use the Logos product pages as before but the prices shown have academic discounts already applied. Is that correct?

If so, it seems like a very streamlined and simple process.

Graham

Posts 22006
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 23 2011 1:10 AM

Graham Criddle:
If so, it seems like a very streamlined and simple process.

Except it looks as though there was an error with my application!

This now appears at the top of pages when accessing the Logos site.

Posts 22006
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 23 2011 2:01 AM

John Kight:
Will I receive an email upon review?

I have just received an email acknowledging my application and saying that I can enjoy discounts for the next six months.

Is the "six months" a standard message, is the intention to review on a half-yearly basis or should it actually relate to the rest of the time I will be enrolled academically (in my case until about this time next year)?

Thanks, Graham

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 23 2011 5:40 AM

Dan Pritchett:
Even though it is beta, this is only valid for actual enrolled Bible college and Seminary students and professors.
What about Adjunct professors without an ID card?

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 74
James Ogle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 23 2011 8:16 AM

I'm a student online with no I.D. card, so I just put a profile pic in that spot. OOPS! Embarrassed

Page 1 of 3 (52 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS