Resource Metadata Correction proposals

Page 2 of 6 (105 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 104 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 524
Stuart Robertson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 1:50 AM

Barker, Steve. Good Things Come in Small Groups : The Dynamics of Good Group Life - has language set as Afrikaans but is actually English.

Posts 524
Stuart Robertson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 1:54 AM

Add to that Kittel, Gerhard, Gerhard Friedrich, and Geoffrey William Bromiley. Theological Dictionary of the New Testament - which has language set to German instead of English.

Posts 223
Paul Meathrel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 3:07 AM

Bradley Grainger:

We've made a couple of changes to test the system: the Opening Up commentary series should now be associated (although I notice that two titles now contain a question mark... that looks like a bug), and "lang:English type:Bible" shouldn't return incorrect results. The parallel passages and lectionaries that were missing inserted text should also be fixed now.

Works fine for me, however the type for Opening up is set to Monograph rather Commentary 

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 4:03 AM

Bradley Grainger:

We've made a couple of changes to test the system: the Opening Up commentary series should now be associated (although I notice that two titles now contain a question mark... that looks like a bug), and "lang:English type:Bible" shouldn't return incorrect results. The parallel passages and lectionaries that were missing inserted text should also be fixed now.

What exactly do I have to do to receive this fix?

Can I say, this worries me greatly. One moment I have a fully functioning lectionary, the next minute I do not. What exactly happened to remove text from my lectionary? I really feel like Logos has a responsibility to explain when things like this happen, not simply to wait until a user notices it and then declare that it will be fixed in an upcoming metadata release...

Posts 3190
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 4:15 AM

Bradley

Why do the volumes on Luke and Ezekiel have question marks in their titles?

Posts 223
Paul Meathrel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 4:38 AM

Whyndell Grizzard:

Whilst we're at it the Opening Up Commentaries also don't have any author information when shown in the library or a description of the content as other resources do. They also don't have any subject metadata. Just for the sake of completeness! :)

Posts 69
Nick Watson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 6:30 AM

Oxford Bible Commentary is currently listed as monograph, should be commentary.

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 7:48 AM

Damian McGrath:
What exactly do I have to do to receive this fix?

I think all that needs to be done is start up Logos with the Use Internet setting already set to On.  Sync Now and Update Now don't seem to have anything to do with metadata downloads.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 8053
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 11:25 AM

Paul Meathrel:

Works fine for me, however the type for Opening up is set to Monograph rather Commentary 

This should be fixed now.

Posts 8053
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 11:26 AM

Paul Meathrel:

Whyndell Grizzard:

Whilst we're at it the Opening Up Commentaries also don't have any author information when shown in the library or a description of the content as other resources do. They also don't have any subject metadata. Just for the sake of completeness! :)

This information was removed due to an error on our part; it has now been restored. (And the question marks have been removed from the titles.)

Posts 120
Steve Robinson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 5:59 PM

Don't know the cause or extent of the issue, but in the Gingrich Outline Commentaries, "The Book of Genesis" does NOT show up in the list of commentaries in a passage search within Genesis, but his individual commentaries do for at least searches in the books of Joshua, Mark and John. (Didn't go through the other 62 books of the Bible.) 

Posts 223
Paul Meathrel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 7:30 PM

Bradley Grainger:

Thanks Bradley I will confirm this later.

Posts 223
Paul Meathrel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 12:53 AM

Bradley Grainger:

Thanks Bradley I can confirm that this is fixed.

Posts 13366
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 12:54 PM

The BAR (Biblical Archaeology Review) is missing covers, except for volume 27:6. The covers are there in the body of the resource, but missing from the metadata.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 7:53 AM

Kenneth McGuire:

The Nag Hammadi Library in English is the only English Language Ancient Manuscript.  All other English translations are Monographs.

The Ugaritic texts are not listed as Ancient Manuscripts

The Context of Scripture (3 Vols) should probably be tagged consistently with the Nag Hammadi Library; I like English Language Ancient Manuscript. It most certainly isn't a monograph.

Posts 687
Jon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2009 2:07 AM

Beginning Biblical Hebrew and Elements of New Testament Greek could be type:grammar

Posts 2693
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2009 10:15 AM

Jon Rumble:

Beginning Biblical Hebrew and Elements of New Testament Greek could be type:grammar

or "Self Learning"

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 1002
LimJK | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 6:40 AM

Hi Please complete the Series for Bible & Spade

• Volume 2006-2009 does not have anything in the Series field.
  • Volume 1972-2005 Series Field is defined.

Thanks

JK

MacBookPro Retina 15" Late 2013 2.6GHz RAM:16GB SSD:500GB macOS Sierra 10.12.3 | iPhone 7 Plus iOS 10.2.1

Posts 47
Jason Van Vliet | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 11:42 AM

I also notice that Liddel & Scott (LSJ) does not seem to be set for the datatype Greek.  If I prioritize BDAG and LSJ, BDAG shows up in my Exegetical Guides / Word Studies, but LSJ does not.  If I right click on BDAG for the advanced setting in Prioritize Resources, then under "Type" I find Greek.  If I do the same thing for LSJ I find "[blank']"  Is something missing in LSJ's metadata?

Posts 13366
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2009 7:21 AM

The NA27 Apparatus Criticus has lang:German but not lang:English. It should be both.

Good Things come in small Groups has lang:afrikaans

Introducing the New Testament, Introducing the Old Tesament and the LSJ all have lang:British.

John Owen's 17th volume does not have lang:latin

A Concise Coptic/English lexicon does not have lang:coptic

Page 2 of 6 (105 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS