Request: Turn off history

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1329
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 26 2011 12:32 PM

I have found that L4 runs slow for me when I have a ton of history compiled in the "history"

However when I "clear" it.... things go smoother. Can we get an option to stop its recording of our history? I never use it except to clear it.....

Thanks

Posts 120
David Manning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 26 2011 1:52 PM

I second that Motion

MacBook Pro 15" Retina 1TB Flash 2.8 Quad i7 16 GB Ram OSX 10.13.4

iMac 27"3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 - 32 GB Ram 10.13.4

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 26 2011 2:57 PM

Logos 4.3 Beta on Mac has history improvement => Finally found the Cause for Slow Logos4 Mac

Personally wish for program setting in Logos 4 on Mac & PC to turn history on or off.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 117
C Devin Chaulk | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 27 2011 7:15 AM

I concur. Clearing my history made for much smoother navigating in all my panes. The ability to turn off history would be very helpful.

CDC

Posts 844
Dewayne Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 27 2011 7:33 AM

C Devin Chaulk:

I concur. Clearing my history made for much smoother navigating in all my panes.

If the History is 'closed', does it still slow things down? I had heard mention before that when opened it was a burden.

“... every day in which I do not penetrate more deeply into the knowledge of God’s Word in Holy Scripture is a lost day for me. I can only move forward with certainty upon the firm ground of the Word of God.”

Posts 1329
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 27 2011 7:51 AM

Dewayne Davis:

C Devin Chaulk:

I concur. Clearing my history made for much smoother navigating in all my panes.

If the History is 'closed', does it still slow things down? I had heard mention before that when opened it was a burden.

Yes it is slow when closed.... its "clearing" it that makes it fast. An option to stop it from collecting history is what I am thinking of......

Posts 1329
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 27 2011 11:33 AM

Is it possible to use automator to write a script that runs behind the scenes twice a day and clears the history?

I was messing with it it, but it is beyond my expertise....

Posts 2
Ronald Adrianta | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 17 2012 11:31 PM

Hi Mike,

Just curious, how do you clear it? Do you just delete the history.db file?

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 18 2012 1:45 AM

Ronald Adrianta:
Just curious, how do you clear it?

Welcome Big Smile

To clear history, use the Tools menu to open History, then click the Clear button:

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS