Page 2 of 3 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 42 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 25343
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 10 2011 7:22 AM | Locked

Thomas Black:
Have we yet to figure out what DOES work every time?

I think it's still something which is eluding us!

Posts 41
Thomas Arvidsson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 10 2011 1:57 PM | Locked

If ju just drag your picture from Explorer and drop it to your document there will be no problem!

Posts 927
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 10 2011 3:45 PM | Locked

Thomas Arvidsson:
just drag your picture from Explorer and drop it to your document there will be no problem!

I just tried this and it didn't work.  I tried a PNG, GIF and JPG.  Also set wrapping to tight.  no-go in any combination. Indifferent

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 10 2011 3:51 PM | Locked

I'm away from my windows computer at the moment (This one uses Linux); but I'm thinking that the next step would be to upload a file that works and one that doesn't.  Perhaps the programmers will be able to figure it out.  

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 25343
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 10 2011 11:45 PM | Locked

Thomas Black:
but I'm thinking that the next step would be to upload a file that works and one that doesn't.  Perhaps the programmers will be able to figure it out.  

Here's an example of a file which demonstrates the problem.

1614.Test PBB.docx

With "text wrapping" of the picture set to "in line with text" the picture is displayed. If I set wrapping to "tight" then the picture is not.

Hope this is useful in determining what is going on here.

Graham

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 11 2011 7:46 AM | Locked

Graham Criddle:

Thomas Black:
but I'm thinking that the next step would be to upload a file that works and one that doesn't.  Perhaps the programmers will be able to figure it out.  

Here's an example of a file which demonstrates the problem.

With "text wrapping" of the picture set to "in line with text" the picture is displayed. If I set wrapping to "tight" then the picture is not.

Hope this is useful in determining what is going on here.

Graham

Thanks Graham. We'll take a look at it.

Posts 25343
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 11 2011 7:59 AM | Locked

Thanks Melissa

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 11 2011 10:54 AM | Locked

Graham Criddle:

Thanks Melissa

So the problem is not that the picture doesn't appear in your book, but that the text "This latter ..." doesn't appear where it should. Is that correct?

Posts 25343
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 11 2011 11:18 AM | Locked

Hi Melissa

Melissa Snyder:
So the problem is not that the picture doesn't appear in your book, but that the text "This latter ..." doesn't appear where it should. Is that correct?

No, if I have "Tight" wrapping set (which I would like to get the correct formatting) the picture does not appear at all.

Graham

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 11 2011 11:54 AM | Locked

It is displayed in the book I compiled from your document (see below). I checked the text wrapping in the document, and it was set to Tight.  I wonder if you added a new book, added the same document to it, and compiled again whether it would work for you as it did for me..

Posts 25343
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 11 2011 12:02 PM | Locked

Hi Melissa

I have followed the steps you suggested - new book, add docx file, build - and I still don't get the picture!

Graham

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 11 2011 12:33 PM | Locked

Is there any way to introduce animated clips in a PBB?

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 927
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 11 2011 1:40 PM | Locked

Graham Criddle:

I got the same results as Graham with his file.  I also took a Screen Clipping using OneNote, pasted it into a DOCX file and have the same results:

• Picture set to "in line with text", the picture is displayed.
  • Picture set to "tight", the picture is NOT displayed.

Looks like it doesn't matter how you get the picture into the document (insert file or copy/paste).  Text wrapping does seem to affect the situation, though I would like to have the picture display no matter which text wrapping option is used. 

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 11 2011 2:12 PM | Locked

Graham Criddle:

I have followed the steps you suggested - new book, add docx file, build - and I still don't get the picture!

I forgot (once again) that I'm working in a post-4.3 build on this system. Embarrassed   I tested it in a 4.3 install and the picture did not come over until I changed the text wrapping. So it appears this will be fixed in the next release; at least the picture will be displayed. However, it does not display it according to the text wrapping setting in Word. I'll report that to development.

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 11 2011 2:36 PM | Locked

Melissa Snyder:
I tested it in a 4.3 install and the picture did not come over until I changed the text wrapping.

Great to hear!

Plus, it was good to hear, since this was the solution that I came up with, but then it seemed like no one else even had the same problem that I was having! You know the bit, how misery loves company! Big Smile

Charlene

Posts 25343
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 11 2011 2:37 PM | Locked

Thanks, Melissa

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2011 8:35 AM | Locked

Graham Criddle:

Thanks, Melissa

I was reminded that Logos 4 resources do not currently support other text wrapping either. If you look at some of our dictionaries or encyclopedias that include images, the text is above and below, but not on the side of an image. So this will remain by design for now, as far as how the image appears in your personal book. The problem of it not appearing, though, will be fixed in the next post-4.3 release.  

Posts 927
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2011 8:57 AM | Locked

Melissa Snyder:
will be fixed in the next post-4.3 release

Thank you Melissa.

Posts 25343
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2011 9:05 AM | Locked

Melissa Snyder:
I was reminded that Logos 4 resources do not currently support other text wrapping either. If you look at some of our dictionaries or encyclopedias that include images, the text is above and below, but not on the side of an image. So this will remain by design for now, as far as how the image appears in your personal book

Useful to know

Melissa Snyder:
The problem of it not appearing, though, will be fixed in the next post-4.3 release.

Thanks Melissa

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 16 2011 2:48 PM | Locked

Super Tramp:

Is there any way to introduce animated clips in a PBB?

Now that is a silly question Super.Tramp.  Why would .avi enhancements be available in Personal Books?  That is so wave-of-the-future silly!

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Page 2 of 3 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS