Logos Automatic updates

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 27
Lee Webb | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 4 2009 8:17 PM

I received an automatic update when I started Logos today.  Is there any way to tell what is being downloaded and updated?  Or could this be posted somewhere online so that those who do not use the internet option can check it and go online to get it updates when available?  It also would help to know when some of the features promised (printing, notes, smart tags {please!}) are being delivered.

Posts 1965
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 8:45 PM

Currently, there is no way to know what is downloaded unless you check your resource folder or keep an eye on the release numbers in the help menu. 

Logos are working at keeping us better informed about upcoming releases and revisions to resources.

There is no need to go online to get an update. The computer will check once a day or you can turn Automatic Updates off in the Program Settings and it will still alert you to any downloads and it is up to you whether to update or not.

You won't get dates beyond, for example, 1Q 2010 because possible release dates raise hopes that when dashed can create hard feelings.

Posts 169
David McAllan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 9:14 PM

Hi Bradleigh,

Perhaps you can help me here with this...

I downloaded 5.8 gbs of material starting last night. Yet after L4 added those & prepared etc., the program asked me to download another 108 mg. Ok, did that, then it asked to download another 50 mg. Ok, then another 108 mgs again. I found that it seems to be going around in a circle.

Could it be that there are 2 ftp servers that have different files on them?  SInce I have been syncing & backing up to an external HD I have found that some files it replaced, it has with the next download replaced those with the previous version. See the dates below. Using Goodsync here copying from the left to the external HD on the right.

Regards, David

David
https://www.echucacommunitychurch.com

Specs: HP Pavilion dv6-6137tx ; i7 2 GHz; 8 gb RAM; 2 gb Graphics; 750 Gb HD; Win 7; IE9; MSE Antivirus.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS