Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 31 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 243
Bev N | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 1:24 PM

I received email yesterday on Sale price for DSB so I started Chat with Logos To ask if I had to buy the NEW. The person checked & replied back there is no record of it then asked approximately when I bought it. I couldn't remember...I've bought too many books, sets, etc to remember what year it was. A few hours later when I got home there was a Voice Mail from Logos stating to phone them back & they would assist me that way.

HP Laptop Win 7 | iPad 4 | iPhone 6 | L5 Platinum | Galaxy Mega 6.3

Posts 243
Bev N | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 1:30 PM

Posts 243
Bev N | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 1:32 PM

I found it...the Paper Clip symbol!

Posts 243
Bev N | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 1:33 PM

Posts 29200
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 6:19 PM

Bev N:
The person checked & replied back there is no record of it then asked approximately when I bought it.

If you didn't purchase it directly from Logos via the "cloud," they may not have a record of the purchase. Similarly, I have been picking up some of the older third-party cd-rom resources over the past couple of years when I come across them. Logos wouldn't have any record of those purchases... but the licenses are on my account.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 7:21 PM

Bev N:

Peace, Bev!                These are the "old" ones, even though it says revised ....     These are NOT the so-called new ones.

I've had these for years and years and don't remember either exactly when I bought them ........  ...when I bought a big package years ago, I think ......

I would think that these -- the original digital ones(!) -- are the ones you want ..........            It was not Barclay -- but someone else(!) -- who revised the new ones -- the ones that "cleaned up" Barclay's old and very distinctive language ...

These are the ones you could probably sell and make a "good return" on your money as I'm sure many would absolutely love to have these!        ..........           and buy them from you at great profit to you!                       *smile*

Edit:    Take a look at the book covers.          The current ones have different covers than you do ....https://www.logos.com/products/search?q=Barclay

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 243
Bev N | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 7:50 PM

Yes, that's what I don't get...the "code" on the disc/dvd would have beeb entered in my account to have the license for it. 

I've had Logos since it first came out...way before digital download so lots of mine were bought on discs. 

Posts 243
Bev N | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 7:55 PM

Yes, MCM, I realize they are not the "NEW" DSB. 

It's that I have DSB Barclay, but Logos has no record of it. Perhaps by now they have found it. The screen shot was to show that I do indeed have the set.

Posts 5317
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 8:09 PM

Bev N:

It's that I have DSB Barclay, but Logos has no record of it. Perhaps by now they have found it. The screen shot was to show that I do indeed have the set.

I have been following this only slightly (so please be patient if I am contributing no helpful info)… but it seems obvious that your Logos account has the 1975 revised version, but please be aware that no upgrade path was ever in place for the New Daily Study Bible. If you want the NDSB purchase is your only option but till the end of the month Logos is offering it on sale.

-Dan

Posts 29200
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 8:35 PM

Bev N:
Yes, that's what I don't get...the "code" on the disc/dvd would have beeb entered in my account to have the license for it.

Bev N:
I've had Logos since it first came out...way before digital download so lots of mine were bought on discs.

Bev - Since I am a Mac user, I am a more recent user of Logos than you. It is my understanding that at some point the Logos software began to sync the serial numbers (what you called the "code") with the Logos servers. In my case, I call Logos on the phone and read to them the serial numbers… in your case, the old software synced the licenses with Logos. Resource licenses added to your account by this method probably would not have corresponding purchase info… but I could be wrong. Smile

When I visit my Logos account page, I can see every purchase I made through Logos, but none of the resources I added via serial number show up.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 19 2013 6:01 AM

Bev N:

Peace, Bev!                               Please forgive me if I'm belabouring the point.                My point -- which I should have made better, of course(!) -- is that Logos does indeed have a record of it in at least one respect ............          Logos is allowing you to use the DSB license that you've had for many a year now -- in other words ....      they recognise it!                     *smile*

.......     same with my DSB   ....

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 243
Bev N | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 20 2013 2:35 PM

Yes, I see all my Resources & eBooks, but not the ones I entered the code or Serial #. When we phones in our codes it was funny to hear "Alpha Zulu Charlie, etc" So much easier now!

Thanks again for your help.

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS