A Clue?

Page 8 of 22 (425 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last »
This post has 424 Replies | 13 Followers

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2011 12:35 AM

Thomas Black:
Charlene: What is your twitter name I'll follow you.  I've followed most Logos Users I can find.

Hi Thomas,

The ONLY reason I am using Twitter is to "find out" stuff from Logos!Smile

But I did just start "following" you. It's DuCaleb

Charlene

Posts 938
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2011 1:32 AM

Speaking of Twitter, I am Broadus55 there if anyone is interested. I have hardly done anything with it but started following Dan P. to get in on this announcement. And it was worth the bit of trouble. Smile

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 121
Gary Mendenhall | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2011 1:36 AM

Would love to know as well.  Appreciate email to gmendie1 AT gmail DOT com   Thanks.

Posts 35
Daniel Luke Gonzalez | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2011 8:17 AM

Gary Mendenhall:

Would love to know as well.  Appreciate email to gmendie1 AT gmail DOT com   Thanks.

Check your inbox. You might get it twice, so sorry ahead of time.

Posts 121
Gary Mendenhall | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2011 11:02 AM

Got it Daniel, and thank you.

Posts 2403
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2011 12:11 PM

If someone could email me the info at mdolfan at sbcglobal dot net I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Posts 406
Fred Greco | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2011 12:14 PM

Ok. It looks like the only way to get this is to ask for an email.

Could someone please email me at fred DOT greco AT cckpca.org ?

Fred Greco
Senior Pastor, Christ Church PCA, Katy, TX
Windows 10 64-bit; Logos 7.1 SR-2 (Reformed Platinum)

Posts 602
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2011 12:16 PM

I too would like an email. rccue at comcast dot net.

Thanks

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

Posts 637
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2011 12:47 PM

I would like in on this as well. Hit me at bshewmkr at netins dot net.

Thanks

Bill

Posts 102
jtondee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2011 12:58 PM

I hate to succumb to the pull of the buzz, but curiosity has got the best of me

could somebody email me the surprise jtondee at gmail dot com

Posts 2093
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2011 2:01 PM

Could someone please email me the info:  general AT believershome DOT com

thanks

Posts 122
Scot Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2011 2:56 PM

I think having two classes of customer/users (those in the know and those that are not) presents its own ethical questions. I have been with Logos for nearly 20 years and I love the company but this marketing practice is particularly distastful to me. Being transparent is good when appropriate, it engenders trust and confidence but when I hear that some are getting deals while others are left out simply because they do not have Twitter accounts does leave one to ponder a bit. This may not be true but there has been no clairification at all. I can only continue to hope and believe that company treats all its customers as fairly as they can.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2011 3:12 PM

Scot Wright:

I think having two classes of customer/users (those in the know and those that are not) presents its own ethical questions. I have been with Logos for nearly 20 years and I love the company but this marketing practice is particularly distastful to me. Being transparent is good when appropriate, it engenders trust and confidence but when I hear that some are getting deals while others are left out simply because they do not have Twitter accounts does leave one to ponder a bit. This may not be true but there has been no clairification at all. I can only continue to hope and believe that company treats all its customers as fairly as they can.

Relax.  Neither you nor anyone else will be left out simply because you don't have a Twitter account (of course, you could always create one).  All you need to do is to check the prepub page and subscribe when the offer is posted so you can get in line for the download (very sizeable so it must be scheduled).  The only thing you miss out on is knowing what it is ahead of time -- unless you can get some kind soul who does know to tell you.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2011 3:13 PM

Scot Wright:

I think having two classes of customer/users (those in the know and those that are not) presents its own ethical questions. I have been with Logos for nearly 20 years and I love the company but this marketing practice is particularly distasteful to me. Being transparent is good when appropriate, it engenders trust and confidence but when I hear that some are getting deals while others are left out simply because they do not have Twitter accounts does leave one to ponder a bit. This may not be true but there has been no clarification at all. I can only continue to hope and believe that company treats all its customers as fairly as they can.

We are only talking about some early release of information on an upcoming resource.  Many companies don't release this information at all. It seems to me if Logos wants to develop a marketing channel, to incentivize people to use the channel by offering something small for free is a tactic companies have used for a very long time.  Logos wants to get more customers using Twitter.  So why is this a bad thing, to incentivize people to use it? I signed up and I had not before, curiosity got the better of me.

If you don't want to sign up for a Twitter account, you can either wait under a week to find out, or ask someone to email you as many have done.  That's really not such a hardship....

Posts 8655
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2011 3:17 PM

Scot Wright:
but when I hear that some are getting deals while others are left out simply because they do not have Twitter accounts does leave one to ponder a bit.
Nobody is getting a deal here.  

This is all about marketing buzz and it is being executed masterfully.  I majored in marketing (advertising is only a small portion of marketing) prior to moving into ministry, and I'm actually impressed with the way Dan is very good at creating Buzz - as I noted earlier.  If he announced something and left it at that, people would be buzzing.  But he announced something and created the ILLUSION of exclusivity and the posts in this thread keep racking up.

I know I hear people (not specifically you Scot) whine about targeted marketing from time to time and I just don't get it.  It's not a moral issue.  There are no unequal weights and measures here.  Maybe it's because Marketing is my former field of study.  Maybe I'm blind to the patently obvious, but I just don't get it.

To clarify: all someone with twitter is getting is a glimpse at what the FREE deal for EVERYONE is going to be.  As soon as it's put on the blog - the secret won't be one any more and everyone will have a chance to get in line to receive the free resources if they're interested.

EDIT: wow, George and Dominick both responded while I was composing my answer.  I'm going to have to learn to type faster.  :-)

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 122
Scot Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2011 4:00 PM

Thank you George, Domminck & Thomas for your replies. The marketing aspect and the Twitter angle are not lost on me. But to your point Thomas, the illusion of exclusivity certainly worked on me and as you can see I didn't feel very good about it.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2011 4:07 PM

I am rather amazed at how many posts in this thread are wanting to circumvent the easy conditions set by Dan. Like Naaman's servant I ask, "“My friends, had the VP of Marketing told you to do some great thing, would you not have done it? How much more then, when he says to you, ‘Get Twitter & tweet me to be in the know?' "   2 Kings 5:13

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 325
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2011 5:06 PM

I'm curious as well.  Can someone email me at tai_pan1 at yahoo dot com?

Posts 406
Fred Greco | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2011 5:15 PM

Super Tramp:

I am rather amazed at how many posts in this thread are wanting to circumvent the easy conditions set by Dan. Like Naaman's servant I ask, "“My friends, had the VP of Marketing told you to do some great thing, would you not have done it? How much more then, when he says to you, ‘Get Twitter & tweet me to be in the know?' "   2 Kings 5:13

Ok, I am lost (likely because this thread is 8 pages long). I have a Twitter account. Show me what I am supposed to do, and I will do it.

Fred Greco
Senior Pastor, Christ Church PCA, Katy, TX
Windows 10 64-bit; Logos 7.1 SR-2 (Reformed Platinum)

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2011 5:21 PM

Fred Greco:
Ok, I am lost (likely because this thread is 8 pages long). I have a Twitter account. Show me what I am supposed to do, and I will do it.

Oh, you once were lost, but now you're found.  Just tweet DanPritchett and ask him.  He will respond.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Page 8 of 22 (425 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last » | RSS