Posts 182
Steve Shelton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2011 5:32 PM

could someone email me the imfo    swshelt@tampabay.rr.com

Posts 5619
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2011 6:04 PM

Steve Shelton:

could someone email me the imfo    swshelt@tampabay.rr.com

Done! Check your mail.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 5619
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2011 6:05 PM

Michael:

I'm curious as well.  Can someone email me at tai_pan1 at yahoo dot com?

Check your mail.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 938
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2011 6:59 PM

Fred Greco:

Super Tramp:

I am rather amazed at how many posts in this thread are wanting to circumvent the easy conditions set by Dan. Like Naaman's servant I ask, "“My friends, had the VP of Marketing told you to do some great thing, would you not have done it? How much more then, when he says to you, ‘Get Twitter & tweet me to be in the know?' "   2 Kings 5:13

Ok, I am lost (likely because this thread is 8 pages long). I have a Twitter account. Show me what I am supposed to do, and I will do it.

Fred, if I recall correctly, go to the first post of this thread and find that tweet on Dan's Twitter account. Reply to it and tell Dan you would like to know. He'll send you a tweet with the info.

Really, friends (not to Fred but to anyone who thinks there's something a little insidious going on Wink), there is nothing "exclusive" about any of this. Look at the number of posts I have. I'm hardly on the "inside" around here. Just utilize a free Twitter account if you want to know. Everyone's welcome to get in on the fun. If you don't want to mess with Twitter, just refresh your Logos pre-pub page a couple of times a day and you'll know when it matters--when we can actually order this special offer.

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 134
L.D. Young | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2011 7:21 PM

Bill Moore:

Fred Greco:

Super Tramp:

I am rather amazed at how many posts in this thread are wanting to circumvent the easy conditions set by Dan. Like Naaman's servant I ask, "“My friends, had the VP of Marketing told you to do some great thing, would you not have done it? How much more then, when he says to you, ‘Get Twitter & tweet me to be in the know?' "   2 Kings 5:13

Ok, I am lost (likely because this thread is 8 pages long). I have a Twitter account. Show me what I am supposed to do, and I will do it.

Fred, if I recall correctly, go to the first post of this thread and find that tweet on Dan's Twitter account. Reply to it and tell Dan you would like to know. He'll send you a tweet with the info.

Really, friends (not to Fred but to anyone who thinks there's something a little insidious going on Wink), there is nothing "exclusive" about any of this. Look at the number of posts I have. I'm hardly on the "inside" around here. Just utilize a free Twitter account if you want to know. Everyone's welcome to get in on the fun. If you don't want to mess with Twitter, just refresh your Logos pre-pub page a couple of times a day and you'll know when it matters--when we can actually order this special offer.

Unfortunately, I haven't found it that easy. I use Twitter regularly and sent Dan a reply that I would like to know the secret. It's been 2 days and still no response. Maybe he's just behind because of all the requests. But if someone would like to send me the info through e-mail I'd appreciate it. pastorldyoung at gmail dot com. If not I'll continue to practice the discipline of patience. Smile

Posts 579
Jim VanSchoonhoven | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2011 7:26 PM

I am not so sure that these were conditions set down by Dan or rather just one way of finding out!  From what I have seen I am not sure why someone has not just posted the information here, is there a request some place that asks everyone to keep it to themselves or not to post it on here!

In Christ,

Jim VanSchoonhoven

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2011 7:32 PM

L.D. Young:

Unfortunately, I haven't found it that easy. I use Twitter regularly and sent Dan a reply that I would like to know the secret. It's been 2 days and still no response. Maybe he's just behind because of all the requests. But if someone would like to send me the info through e-mail I'd appreciate it. pastorldyoung at gmail dot com. If not I'll continue to practice the discipline of patience. Smile

I was informed of the resource by another member of the forum, but I like to get things "straight from the horse's mouth" so I tweeted Dan.  It did take a couple of days before he replied.  I suspect he has more to do than simply to reply to our queries so it sometimes takes a while.  Be patient.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 31849
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2011 8:11 PM

Jim VanSchoonhoven:
is there a request some place that asks everyone to keep it to themselves or not to post it on here!

Yes, on the tweet where Dan said he would give the answer to those following the thread, he requested that we not make it public.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 35
Daniel Luke Gonzalez | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2011 8:16 PM

I do believe that it is perfectly appropriate to have this information e-mailed in case anyone was wondering. The only stipulation was that we should not post it online for everyone to see. Maybe it's just because I see e-mail the same as talking to someone privately (unless it is sent en masse). 

Although, if you do set-up the twitter account, you can follow @Logos via text messaging and, so far at least, whenever they update their blog, they then update their twitter account with a link to the blog post. That way, as soon as this comes out, you should get a text message about it. (I am assuming that they would update their blog with something this huge.)

You can also subscribe to the Pre-pub page via the Pre-pub RSS feed if you have a RSS feed reader. Their There is a decent list of the various RSS feeds that Logos has that you might want to look into besides the Pre-pub page.

Hope this helps.

Posts 579
Jim VanSchoonhoven | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2011 8:19 PM

MJ. Smith,  this is personal since you have seen the tweet,  do you think the request to not make it public applies to emailing to anyone the wants to know?

Is Dan hoping get us all on twitter, instead of the boards and wedsite???

Posts 1131
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2011 8:29 PM

Jim VanSchoonhoven:

MJ. Smith,  this is personal since you have seen the tweet,  do you think the request to not make it public applies to emailing to anyone the wants to know?

Is Dan hoping get us all on twitter, instead of the boards and wedsite???

What he said on twitter was "If you've been following this thread: http://bit.ly/ptkyV8 & want to know what the secret is, @ reply to me. Just don't post it on the web!"

Tom

Posts 134
L.D. Young | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2011 8:48 PM

George Somsel:

I was informed of the resource by another member of the forum, but I like to get things "straight from the horse's mouth" so I tweeted Dan.  It did take a couple of days before he replied.  I suspect he has more to do than simply to reply to our queries so it sometimes takes a while.  Be patient.

George Somsel:

..... The only thing you miss out on is knowing what it is ahead of time -- unless you can get some kind soul who does know to tell you.

Thanks George, I'll be patient.... But since you were "informed of the resource by another member of the forum" don't you want to be the "kind soul who does know" and drop me an e-mail. Wink

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2011 9:49 PM

Jim VanSchoonhoven:

I am not so sure that these were conditions set down by Dan or rather just one way of finding out!  From what I have seen I am not sure why someone has not just posted the information here, is there a request some place that asks everyone to keep it to themselves or not to post it on here!

In Christ,

Jim VanSchoonhoven

Yes, Dan did specifically ask us NOT to post the secret resource on the forum.  I am always surprised to see how many people don't possess the fortitude to keep a secret  There are hints all over this thread. The first one (posted chronologically) I just found today.

I presume Dan did it this way to create "Buzz", as Thomas Black has stated. It is indeed working. But from a purely selfish point of view, I am reminded of the Kingdom parable of the hidden treasure in Matthew 13:44 and come away with this thought: The self-preserving action of keeping it quiet until I have secured my position, then, and only then, sharing the good news with others. I know this makes me no better than the lepers in  2 Kings 7:8-9

As soon as I have signed up for it, I will gladly start telling everyone. Devil

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2011 12:25 AM

Well, it shouldn't be too long now before it is posted before the entire world!Big Smile

Charlene

Posts 579
Jim VanSchoonhoven | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2011 7:58 AM

Thanks for the information, now I can see why everyone is making a big deal out of not posting the answer here!

I think it is strange that Dan is using this method in an attempt to get solid users of his products and fourms to sign up for twitter, instead of just telling them he wants them to sign up.  Of all people I would think telling forum users about a new product would help spread the news about it just as well as twitter would, but it is his marketing plan.

I don't really like these kind of marketing plans, I feel like I am a good user of his product already and that he would want people like myself to be getting the word out about a new product.  Oh well.

I look forward to their announcement.

In Christ,

Jim VanSchoonhoven

Posts 134
L.D. Young | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2011 8:18 AM

Jim, I agree. I don't really care for this type of marketing or communication either. For some (the haves) it creates excitement but for others (the have nots) it creates frustration. I've done everything asked of me (sending a Twitter response) and still don't know what everyone is excited about. I can't even get someone from the forums to send me an email.... even those who found out from other users seem to now want to keep it to themselves. Very frustrating.

I think it would be better to make a general announcement to the public or to your loyal fans through this forum rather than creating a stampede toward the product that will inevitably leave some frustrated and feeling left out. If neither of these options will work then remain silent on the announcement until you can communicate to all equally.

Just my two cents.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2011 8:24 AM

L.D. Young:
I can't even get someone from the forums to send me an email.... even those who found out from other users seem to now want to keep it to themselves.
Sorry, I assumed it had been done already.  It's in the mail....

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 134
L.D. Young | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2011 8:26 AM

Thank you Thomas. I appreciate the kindness.

Posts 2158
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2011 8:39 AM

I also requested it emailed to me...and got no response.  I have searched the clues and only come up with some kind of 3000 books being made available.  But I did not get an email to indicate the specifics despite someone writing that they would send it via email.  I dont remember if that was one person or several who made that offer. I just know I requested and never got a response.  general AT believershome DOT COM

Posts 134
L.D. Young | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2011 8:43 AM

Mark, I just forwarded you Thomas' response to me. Smile

Page 9 of 22 (425 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS