A Clue?

Page 10 of 22 (425 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next > ... Last »
This post has 424 Replies | 13 Followers

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2011 8:44 AM

Jim VanSchoonhoven:
Of all people I would think telling forum users about a new product would help spread the news about it just as well as twitter would, but it is his marketing plan.

I agree. But I think Dan has a long term vision to build a Logos-faithful Twitter base for future publicity. Many of us probably don't have Facebook or Twitter accounts. If we do, we don't use them like the youngsters do. But the networking and instantaneous communication make them very powerful, and they are FREE advertising tools. In the old days everybody tried to get along with the kid who owned the marbles. If you didn't, he would take the marbles and go home. In this case we are talking about 3000+ marbles! Indifferent

Jim VanSchoonhoven:
I don't really like these kind of marketing plans, I feel like I am a good user of his product already and that he would want people like myself to be getting the word out about a new product. 

Me too. But I have become a pretty easy sell on anything Logos does anymore. My guess is all the marketing hoopla is geared towards the new users or younger crowd that are not yet hooked.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 5251
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2011 8:48 AM

Would someone be kind enough to email me some details DWF(a)2ds•ca.....

(a)=@ and •=. just in case it isn't obvious.

-Dan

Posts 604
John Fugh, Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2011 8:48 AM

I'd love some insight - please email john AT fugh DOT com.  Thanks

Posts 1962
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2011 8:49 AM

Thanks LD Young.  Appreciate the information

Posts 84
Ron Barry | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2011 8:58 AM

Add me to the parade - can someone email the info to ron AT ronbarry DOT net

Thanks so much!!!

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2011 9:05 AM

Ron Barry:
Add me to the parade - can someone email the info

me too please        reveal2me77 AT yahoo DOT com

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2011 9:09 AM

Would someone please be kind enough to send me some info at mhamrick113 at students DOT sbts DOT edu? Thanks.

Posts 84
Ron Barry | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2011 9:13 AM

Thank you kindly, George Big Smile

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2011 9:17 AM

Unless I'm mistaken I've caught up the emails.  Zip it!

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2011 9:20 AM

Matthew Hamrick:

Would someone please be kind enough to send me some info at mhamrick113 at students DOT sbts DOT edu? Thanks.

Nothing against you personally or anyone else, but I'm getting tired of being the advertising agent (and I'm sure I'm by no means the main one).  Would you guys PLEASE get a twitter account [It's free, Free, FREE, FREE !] and send a tweet to DanPritchett?  He started this so let him bear the responsibility.  If you have a real reason for not getting a twitter account and tweeting Dan, I'll consider it. gfsomsel in the realm of Gulliver's Yahoo(s).

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2011 9:21 AM

Thomas Black:

Thanks bunches Thomas, perhaps we'll do coffee again sometime! Or perhaps a MP conference.

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 119
Scot Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2011 9:27 AM

L.D. Young:

Jim, I agree. I don't really care for this type of marketing or communication either. For some (the haves) it creates excitement but for others (the have nots) it creates frustration. I've done everything asked of me (sending a Twitter response) and still don't know what everyone is excited about. I can't even get someone from the forums to send me an email.... even those who found out from other users seem to now want to keep it to themselves. Very frustrating.

I think it would be better to make a general announcement to the public or to your loyal fans through this forum rather than creating a stampede toward the product that will inevitably leave some frustrated and feeling left out. If neither of these options will work then remain silent on the announcement until you can communicate to all equally.

Just my two cents.

Thanks L.D. You said it better than me.

Posts 6
Jesse Barnhart | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2011 9:27 AM

Waiting; almost like Christmas again.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2011 9:54 AM

Thomas Black:

Thank you Thomas. I re-read Dan's statements and did not see where we are not allowed to privately talk about it. I was composing an email and saw you (and a few others) have come to the rescue. Email Email Email Email Email Email   Email     Email

edited: typos corrected. I can now officially claim I can type faster than my netbook keyboard controller chip can process the ASCII codes. Big Smile Time to get another real laptop.

Posts 10248
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2011 10:31 AM

I don't understand why getting a twitter account is such a challenge for everyone. I got an account for our dog Pochi, wired it too his collar for Dan-tweets, and now he conveniently barks. Logos marketing is just so cool and Pochi loves it too!

Eventually I might get an account too.

Posts 1962
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2011 10:41 AM

Denise Barnhart:
I don't understand why getting a twitter account is such a challenge for everyone

It is not necessarily a challenge.  But many have been burned in the past by marketing like this and have signed up for things they regret.  Is it worth an account just for this announcement?  Some think yes.  Others think no.

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2011 10:53 AM

Denise Barnhart:

I don't understand why getting a twitter account is such a challenge for everyone. I got an account for our dog Pochi, wired it too his collar for Dan-tweets, and now he conveniently barks. Logos marketing is just so cool and Pochi loves it too!

ROFLOL

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 35
Daniel Luke Gonzalez | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2011 10:53 AM

Denise Barnhart:

Now you just need to get your plant a twitter account and you're good to go.

Posts 10248
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2011 11:26 AM

Uh oh ... looks like hooking Dan-tweets to our dog Pochi may have been a really big mistake.

This morning I was 'DMB' and now I'm 'me'.  I'm going to have to have a serious talk with Pochi.

No more access to Community.Logos.com for Pochi.

Or whoever is doing stuff at Logos HQ today on the database.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2011 11:30 AM

Daniel Luke Gonzalez:
Now you just need to get your plant a twitter account and you're good to go.

Just told my wife Nina about "botani-calls."    Wilted Flower  She said her flowers need it.  Now I have seen everything.

Page 10 of 22 (425 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next > ... Last » | RSS