A Clue?

Page 11 of 22 (425 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > ... Last »
This post has 424 Replies | 13 Followers

Posts 2301
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2011 11:33 AM

I just set up a twitter account and Dan is following me.  So what do I do next to find out about the upcoming release?

Posts 2733
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2011 11:42 AM

Ronald Quick:

I just set up a twitter account and Dan is following me.  So what do I do next to find out about the upcoming release?

Just reply to his tweet. He answered me in a few hours.

EDITED: Thank you Todd for helping me not to use the wrong word. Actually spell-checker helped me to use the wrong word. Sorry. Embarrassed

EDIT2:  You definitely taught me a new word, forever. I will not forget that one. Sad

Bohuslav

Posts 5610
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2011 11:46 AM

Bohuslav Wojnar:

Ronald Quick:

Just reply to his twit. He answered me in a few hours.

It's a "tweet", Bohuslav. Big Smile  In English, "twit" is slang for a stupid person.  (You probably already knew that, but I wanted to make sure).

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 9945
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2011 12:00 PM

Todd Phillips:
It's a "tweet", Bohuslav.

When my baby walks down the street
All the little birdies go "Tweet, tweet, tweet."

EDIT:  Oops !  My memory is slipping.  That should have been "sugar" rather than "baby."

http://www.loc.gov/jukebox/recordings/detail/id/10233/

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 2733
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2011 12:05 PM

George Somsel:

Todd Phillips:
It's a "tweet", Bohuslav.

When my baby walks down the street
All the little birdies go "Tweet, tweet, tweet."

OK, I better go back to my preparation for the tomorrow' sermon. Back to Logos. Smile

Bohuslav

Posts 5610
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2011 12:09 PM

Bohuslav Wojnar:
EDIT2:  You definitely taught me a new word, forever. I will not forget that one. Sad

It's generally not considered an offensive term (at least not any more than "stupid" is).   http://www.learnersdictionary.com/search/twit

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 43
William Norman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2011 1:06 PM

Will someone e-mail me the details wsnorm at yahoo dot com

Posts 28
Wayne M. Pask | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2011 1:15 PM

Dan,

I may be a "Geezer" pastor, but as I have told others, "I'm not dead yet!" I'll be interested to hear more about the upcomming collection. I have used Logos/Libronix since 2001. I went to seminary then (Concordia, St. Louis) and have been in my parish since June 2003.

Rev. Pask

Rev. Wayne M. Pask, Emeritus

Richmond,VA

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2011 4:09 PM

The temperature right now in OKC is almost as hot as the "big deal" coming our way. (108'F)  Angry

Please pray for rain!  Storm

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 9
Milton C.Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2011 4:15 PM

Love the picture. Reminds me of someone I knew. Need advice how I can bring my library up to 100 per cent.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2011 4:32 PM

Milton C.Jones:

Love the picture. Reminds me of someone I knew. Need advice how I can bring my library up to 100 per cent.

Yeah, He was a cool guy. I am trying to borrow some of his coolness. Wink

If you jump on the upcoming "secret" Pre-Pub we are all whispering about Whisper, it will just about double the size of your current library. It should all be public in a matter of days.

If you happen to be talking about some other issue, it may be after sundown before I can help.  I just prayed for rain and the little cloud on the horizon is likely to bring a downpour. (I have to go mow some grass before then and the temperature is suddenly dropping. Big Smile

btw: Nice avatar picture. He is another cool guy in my estimation. Cool

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2011 4:45 PM

Super Tramp:
If you jump on the upcoming "secret" Pre-Pub we are all whispering about Whisper, it will just about double the size of your current library. It should all be public in a matter of days.

I forgot to mention; the super great "secret" deal is 3000+ books for FREE! That will reduce your average price per book to about half of what you spent. Think how you can brag to Mom about your great purchase. Idea

I really gotta go mow now, the sky is getting darker. That is what I get for asking a forum full of prophets to pray for rain. Lightning

Posts 9945
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2011 6:25 PM

Super Tramp:
I really gotta go mow now, the sky is getting darker. That is what I get for asking a forum full of prophets to pray for rain. Lightning

Don't forget that you have a part indian doing a rain dance too.  Wink

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 6
Karen Bearchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 7 2011 8:22 PM

Is it too late to ask for the clue?

Posts 9945
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 7 2011 9:44 PM

Karen Bearchell:

Is it too late to ask for the clue?

I've already solved it.  It was Col. Mustard in the library with a candlestick.  Big Smile .  You'll need to post your email (in a non literal fashion) so that someone can contact you.

george
gfsomsel

Posts 313
Luuk Dondorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 7 2011 10:03 PM

George Somsel:

You'll need to post your email (in a non literal fashion) so that someone can contact you.

something like this... dondorp at solcon dot nl ?!

Now, if someone would be so kind to email me..thanks!

Luuk

Posts 208
Paul Gisbourne | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 12:02 AM

Please someone put me in the loop with this, im paul_gis at hotmaildotcom

Posts 26021
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 12:21 AM

Luuk and Paul - done

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1231
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 1:59 AM

Could someone please email me at hj DOT van DOT der DOT wal AT  wxs DOT nl ? Thanks.

Posts 4834
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 4:32 AM

Thomas Black:

This is all about marketing buzz and it is being executed masterfully.  I majored in marketing (advertising is only a small portion of marketing) prior to moving into ministry, and I'm actually impressed with the way Dan is very good at creating Buzz - as I noted earlier.  If he announced something and left it at that, people would be buzzing.  But he announced something and created the ILLUSION of exclusivity and the posts in this thread keep racking up.

I know I hear people (not specifically you Scot) whine about targeted marketing from time to time and I just don't get it.  It's not a moral issue.  There are no unequal weights and measures here.  Maybe it's because Marketing is my former field of study.  Maybe I'm blind to the patently obvious, but I just don't get it.

Thanks for the insight Thomas.  Marketing tends to be a bit of a turn off for me, hence its 'beauty' usually lost on me ( - start talking about maximising profits or minimising costs given a set or resource restraints or how to make a budget balance, or make the inventory figures balance  - then you see a glint in my eyes - we are all wired so differently - yet in so many ways so much the same because of whose image we are created. )  I'd rather just deal with the plain facts and figures.

Cudos to Dan if he's achieved what he's looking to achieve.

Page 11 of 22 (425 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > ... Last » | RSS