A Clue?

Page 12 of 22 (425 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 Next > ... Last »
This post has 424 Replies | 13 Followers

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 5:14 AM

Would you think that the following two statements are true?

1.  These resources are coming out on prepub and so will not immediately be available.

2.  They will remain available free long after they are released so that in a year lets say you could download them.

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 6:30 AM

Jerry M:

1.  These resources are coming out on prepub and so will not immediately be available.

2.  They will remain available free long after they are released so that in a year lets say you could download them.

I would say

1. Yes - although they could be coming out very quickly, as there seemed to be some imminence in Dan's messages. I suspect these are works that won't require a lot of manual tagging etc., otherwise 3000+ resource would be a job that dwarfed every other project with resources that Logos has going on, and I doubt they would do that right now.

2. Yes- while there are times that Logos pulls a resource(s), it's usually because their license deal expires or is canceled.  There's frankly no other typical reason to pull a resource once they have done all the work. Some resources may not be upgraded if some new data format requires manual work on an old/slow-selling resource, but that doesn't apply here.  Now they could charge something once it's out of PrePub, but I haven't seen anything that mentions that - this seems like something they want to give away for free to gain visibility and for marketing of their product. That's why Dan as been urging people to talk it up once they get the resources.

Posts 2947
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 6:31 AM

I cannot gues more or less than the Amharic Bible for me.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 7:04 AM

I have to walk lightly to keep details hush-hush for a few more hours, But:

Do you think it is possible the 3000+ titles will be released as Logos 4 PBBs? I have not kept up with the PBB beta talk so the answer may already be obvious.   (Highlighting in the quote was added by me.)

Dominick Sela:

1. Yes - although they could be coming out very quickly, as there seemed to be some imminence in Dan's messages. I suspect these are works that won't require a lot of manual tagging etc., otherwise 3000+ resource would be a job that dwarfed every other project with resources that Logos has going on, and I doubt they would do that right now.

2. Yes- while there are times that Logos pulls a resource(s), it's usually because their license deal expires or is canceled.  There's frankly no other typical reason to pull a resource once they have done all the work. Some resources may not be upgraded if some new data format requires manual work on an old/slow-selling resource, but that doesn't apply here.  Now they could charge something once it's out of PrePub, but I haven't seen anything that mentions that - this seems like something they want to give away for free to gain visibility and for marketing of their product. That's why Dan as been urging people to talk it up once they get the resources.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 7:21 AM

Super Tramp:
Do you think it is possible the 3000+ titles will be released as Logos 4 PBBs? I have not kept up with the PBB beta talk so the answer may already be obvious.  

No, not likely at all.

If, this thing is going through the Pre-pub channel that means a zero dollar order and then a tiered download schedule. This doesn't fit the PB model at all. Besides, it would be a pain in the rear to have to manually compile 3000 resources, talk about a way to annoy your customers and create bad publicity.

Posts 142
Michael Sullivan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 8:07 AM

I have not tweeted Dan, but I am just curious if the big release has anything do with this website that links you to Logos when you try to sign up?

http://www.seminarylibrary.com/About.aspx?content=SignUp

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 8:17 AM

Kevin Becker:
manually compile 3000 resources,

I was assuming they had an automated way to compile batches. And depending on how much tagging and what form the source is in, I could imagine the development team would keep a secret for the last few months; with a little help:

1st guard: "What if they try to escape, will Bob fire them today?"

2nd guard: "I don't think he will have to. Dan told me to shoot anyone who tries to leave. Now quit talking about it!"

Posts 27044
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 11:29 AM

Michael Sullivan:
I have not tweeted Dan, but I am just curious if the big release has anything do with this website that links you to Logos when you try to sign up?

No, this link is to a former product not a forthcoming product.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 27044
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 11:36 AM

Jerry M:

There is no particular reason for them to go through Prepub unless Logos needs to send them through prepub to get the downloads to occur in the order in which they were placed.

I would expect them to remain free for the foreseeable future.

There no longer is a distinction between the PB model and the Logos resource model except, of course, as a PB builder I can be sloppier than I would accept from Logos.Wink

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 55
Glenn F | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 12:53 PM

Cam someone let me into the club please.

kildar.winterborn at gmail dot com

Thanks

HP DV7-3085dx Laptop, Intel i7 @ 1.6 Ghz, 6 Gigs of DDR3 memory, GeForce 230M Video with 1 Gig memory, 500 Gig HD, 17" Display, Windows 7

Scholars Platinum.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 1:07 PM

Glenn F:
Cam someone let me into the club please.

Done. Check your email Glenn. Then start watching the Pre-Pub page:  http://www.logos.com/products/search?Status=Pre-Pub

Posts 55
Glenn F | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 1:13 PM

Thank you, appreciate it Super Tramp

HP DV7-3085dx Laptop, Intel i7 @ 1.6 Ghz, 6 Gigs of DDR3 memory, GeForce 230M Video with 1 Gig memory, 500 Gig HD, 17" Display, Windows 7

Scholars Platinum.

Posts 6
Tristan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 1:21 PM

Would someone please email me?  logos AT kendall DOT cc

Thank you,
Tristan

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 1:30 PM

Tristan Kendall:
Would someone please email me?

Done. Check your email, Tristan.

Posts 15
Joseph Najera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 1:53 PM

I'd like so more info: jnajera78 AT rgv.rr DOT com

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 1:59 PM

Joseph Najera:
I'd like so more info

Done. Check your email.  Email

Posts 11
Larrie Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 1:59 PM

Hey, I don't do Twitter; would someone please send info to . Thank you

Posts 15
Joseph Najera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 2:01 PM

Thanks, Super Tramp.  Much appreciated!

Posts 45
Keith Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 2:02 PM

Neither do I. Could someone please send me this also?

Posts 397
T Gerold Castle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 2:05 PM

Well I certainly would like to be included :P

tom at thecastles dot me

In HIS Eternal Service,
Tom Castle
**If we will do God's work, in God's way, at God's time, with God's power, we shall have God's blessings!!**

Page 12 of 22 (425 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 Next > ... Last » | RSS