A Clue?

Page 13 of 22 (425 items) « First ... < Previous 11 12 13 14 15 Next > ... Last »
This post has 424 Replies | 13 Followers

Posts 44
William Norman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 2:08 PM

I don't do Twitter; would someone please send this info to wsnorm at yahoo dot com

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 2:08 PM

Larrie Johnson:
Hey, I don't do Twitter; would someone please send info

Done. but please delete your email from your post right away. Here is how:

Click on the "More" link on the top right of your post. A drop down menu will have the "Edit" option. That re-opens your post so you can erase your email. If you don't the spam-bots will harvest your email address.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 2:12 PM

William Norman:
would someone please send this info

Done, but I accidentally called you by your last name in the email. Embarrassed

Posts 45
Keith Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 2:19 PM

Hello Super Tramp. Could you e-mail it to me? I would greatly appreciate it. kljones115 at bellsouth dot net

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 2:21 PM

Tom C:
Well I certainly would like to be included :P
You have been included.Smile

Posts 11
Larrie Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 2:21 PM

Super Tramp...................... thanks for the email. And thanks for the tip on the email address. Done.

Posts 340
Smithereens | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 2:24 PM

For those who don't "do Twitter," you may not have any idea how often this will be a recurring issue. One of the best ways to catch different sneak peeks, find social media sales, etc. is to "do Twitter"...seriously.

You don't have to use Twitter heavily, follow all sorts of people, or give out any personal information. In fact, you don't even have to set up a Twitter account! With many RSS readers, you can get a feed of all Logos' public tweets simply by adding http://twitter.com/logos to your subscriptions. And trust me, with some of the things we're working up, there's a good chance you'll want to do this at least.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 2:24 PM

Keith Jones:
Could you e-mail it to me?

Yup, done.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 2:28 PM

Stephen Smith:
For those who don't "do Twitter," you may not have any idea how often this will be a recurring issue.

"Whoa, Nellie." I think I must be defeating the purpose here. (I'm adept at doing that.)

How about everybody go get a Twitter account. It is very easy and you can just follow Logos, Bob, Dan & Stephen. Then I won't have a recurrence of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. My fingers are numb already.

It is not near as daunting as that Facebook stuff.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 2:34 PM

OK.   I am gonna observe radio silence now. You lucky few I did answer can show your gratitude by getting a Twitter account, if for nothing more than the future Logos specials.

Zip it! Zip it! Zip it! Zip it! Zip it! Zip it! Zip it! Zip it! Zip it! Zip it! Zip it! Zip it!

Posts 340
Smithereens | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 2:37 PM

Super Tramp:
"Whoa, Nellie." I think I must be defeating the purpose here.

Lol! No worries here...you can go ahead and keep giving people fish. I just figured I'd teach everyone how to fish while you're at it....with the messages and such going out on twitter now and in the future, I imagine you'll quickly tire of emailing all the news to everyone..with over 50K forum users and all... Smile

Super Tramp:
It is very easy and you can just follow Logos, Bob, Dan & Stephen.

For easy reference:

http://twitter.com/#!/logos

http://twitter.com/#!/bobpritchett

http://twitter.com/#!/danpritchett

http://twitter.com/#!/smith_s_a (WAY too late for /StephenSmith)

Posts 3690
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 3:01 PM

Stephen Smith:
For those who don't "do Twitter," you may not have any idea how often this will be a recurring issue.

That cuts both ways, though, doesn't it.

You may not have any idea how many of your customer base you're leaving behind.

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 3:21 PM

Stephen Smith:
I imagine you'll quickly tire of emailing all the news to everyone..with over 50K forum users and all... Smile

Besides, I have some long overdue reports to get out.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 3:29 PM

BillS:

Stephen Smith:

That cuts both ways, though, doesn't it.

You may not have any idea how many of your customer base you're leaving behind.

Yes, but those who don't "do twitter" seem to have no problem with "doing nuisance" to their fellow forum members.  If you don't want to "do twitter", you can "do ignorance" unless you can show a true need.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 1011
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 3:40 PM

Thomas Black:

But he announced something and created the ILLUSION of exclusivity and the posts in this thread keep racking up.

It's not a moral issue.

You may say he created an illusion, others would say that he was deliberately misleading, you can make a pretty good argument that this is a moral issue 

Posts 334
Paul Strickert | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 3:44 PM

I'm surprised I haven't heard more enthusiasm about the content of this freebie -- that is, from those "in the know."  Is part of keeping it secret also keeping a lid on the enthusiasm?  Just wonderin'.  :)

Posts 3692
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 3:47 PM

I am still trying to figure out why I should be excited.  I could see some wanting it - but am not sure why I might.

I will ask that question more directly after the publication is announced.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 340
Smithereens | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 4:01 PM

Mike Pettit:

Thomas Black:

But he announced something and created the ILLUSION of exclusivity and the posts in this thread keep racking up.

It's not a moral issue.

You may say he created an illusion, others would say that he was deliberately misleading, you can make a pretty good argument that this is a moral issue 

How about an alternative: Dan is super excited about some things Logos is putting together. He wants to tell the world but can't because customer service isn't yet ready for a flood of calls/questions while last minute details are being arranged. But since this really is a "first come, first served" thing, he decides a little pre-release buzz might help people get in the door as early as possible.

After he mentions that people might want to be on the look out, he decides that it can't hurt to let the news out in a slow trickle since, by virtue of the fact that users have gone through some rigmarole to get the news and understand it's not fully completed, people who know will understand it's not time to contact CS en masse.

So he then tells a user direct enough to ask for more details what's coming, and things go from there...

I don't think this whole thing has been a cold, calculating plan as some seem to imagine...rather, I think it's been a fun, evolving process between friends..and seriously, isn't this close of a relationship and this kind of good natured fun between customers and an EVP something rather unique today? I personally think it's pretty cool and something that could be a lot more enjoyable and refreshing than some people realize.

Posts 6588
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 4:06 PM

Stephen Smith:
I don't think this whole thing has been a cold, calculating plan as some seem to imagine...rather, I think it's been a fun, evolving process between friends..and seriously, isn't this close of a relationship and this kind of good natured fun between customers and an EVP something rather unique today? I personally think it's pretty cool and something that could be a lot more enjoyable and refreshing than some people realize.

Stephen, I can only speak for myself, but I appreciate the fact that management, (especially at the Vice-president level) takes the time to communicate directly with its customers.

Lynden Williams Commu

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 4:11 PM

Mike Pettit:

You could say wrapping a present in paper & ribbons is misleading because the recipient might imagine it is something other than it is. Dan never said users had to have a Twitter account to get the download. just to hear about it early. The exclusivity is more than an illusion.You miss out on cheap prices if you do not place a Community Pricing order or Pre-Pub orders in general. Sale coupon codes have expiration dates and even God closed the door of the ark. The Twitter proposal was just another attempt to be as inclusive as possible to all customers.

All I know is, free is a small price to "pay" for 3000+ resources and getting a Twitter account is n easy way to find out early.

Page 13 of 22 (425 items) « First ... < Previous 11 12 13 14 15 Next > ... Last » | RSS