A Clue?

Page 15 of 22 (425 items) « First ... < Previous 13 14 15 16 17 Next > ... Last »
This post has 424 Replies | 13 Followers

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2011 9:17 AM

Rick:

So that is my excuse for not having Twitter or Facebook and any others that might exist out there. I know it sounds silly, but this is how it is. I must admit though, curiosity is getting to me. I understand that many are starting to get frustrated at such requests and I ask that you please disregard this post if you are, I would rather go another couple of days and find out over time than to be an inconvenience. However, if anyone would want to send me the information I would appreciate it. rick68 at vqme  net(not com).

On its way.  I consider your commitment to your church restrictions to be different from simply not wanting to take the trouble.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 35
Daniel Luke Gonzalez | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2011 9:21 AM

Rick, check your e-mail.

Posts 35
Daniel Luke Gonzalez | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2011 9:21 AM

I need to learn how to send e-mails faster....

Posts 1683
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2011 9:33 AM

Thank you so much George and Daniel. I got your emails. I truly tried to hold out but the prospect of so many resources was killing me!

Peace  Smile

Romans 14:19 (NRSV)
19 Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Posts 1134
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2011 10:34 AM

Rick:
social networks are out of bounds for me

I think some folks prefer to put as little personal info on the internet as possible out of privacy and security concerns.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2011 11:20 AM

Rick:

Anyhow, a lot of congregations in my denomination have very restrictive rules on use of the internet, a lot of them only allow use of email and some of us have filters. I have approval for viewing my Bible study web sites for research and only visit maybe three other web sites unrelated to Bible study.

So as you have probably deduced, social networks are out of bounds for me. I have none. Sure, I could find a way to do so, but I made a commitment to my fellowship and would feel uncomfortable in doing so.

I am happy to see George has emailed you. I understand your situation completely. The Bible college my kids attend forbids internet access except in the library & "cafe" where the ISP has strict filtering in place. I think it is a good thing and wish it were more prevalent

Logos offers a resource that can be very helpful in dealing with moral failures (that the internet exposes us to):

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1176
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2011 12:16 PM

Could someone email me on this too? I replied to Dans tweet but haven"t got a response yet. I'm at liamwalsh3 at gmail dot com. Thanks all! 

Posts 8602
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2011 12:24 PM

The email is on the way Liam.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 1176
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2011 12:27 PM

Awesome!! Thanks Tom!

Posts 5257
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2011 1:34 PM

Thanks for your words of encouragement Tes.  At the moment it should be getting warmer soon, but still on the cold side in the mornings.

Tes:
Hi, Andrew , I am very gald to see you again in the forum, to your surprise we were rememebering you before some ours , with a brother who has appriciated you what you have done in the bata  , I was sad that to miss you. I cannot forget the help you have provided me. May God bless you: I hope we will not miss you again. How is Australia this time is cold or hot?

Posts 2956
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2011 3:59 PM

Andrew McKenzie:

Thanks for your words of encouragement Tes.  At the moment it should be getting warmer soon, but still on the cold side in the mornings.

Tes:
Hi, Andrew , I am very gald to see you again in the forum, to your surprise we were rememebering you before some ours , with a brother who has appriciated you what you have done in the bata  , I was sad that to miss you. I cannot forget the help you have provided me. May God bless you: I hope we will not miss you again. How is Australia this time is cold or hot?

Thank you Andrew, may the Lord bless you.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 386
MJD | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2011 5:27 PM

George Somsel:

Super Tramp:

Patrick Rietveld:

Lynden Williams:
it will certainly keep them within the top 3 of the ladder when it comes to Bible software

I thought it was already within the top 3. I would say it will be/remain number 1.

I think Lynden was being kind to the other two. You know, like the spectators at the Marathon who wait an hour after everyone has gone home for a straggler to cross the line.

I do appreciate the efforts of all who strive to make Bible study more accessible.

It may be true that he was being kind to the other two, but I would hesitate to knock the other two.  Since I don't, and won't, use a MAC, I have no interest in the "L" word, and the program which is supposed to be faster doesn't offer the range of resources.  What it amounts to it that Logos best meets my needs (besides, I don't find it that slow -- are some people running at hyperspeed that it seems slow to them?).  One real criticism I would have of one of the programs is that it still doesn't use unicode.  I believe it is supposed to be able to export to unicode, but that doesn't seem to work very well if the users of the program who said they were exporting to unicode did it properly.  Being able to exchange information is a necessity so far as I'm concerned. 

George... I don't know what your trying to say in your ramblings.  And, I am sure you don't either...  otherwise you would have said it!Yes

Posts 1683
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2011 5:32 PM

Super Tramp:

I am happy to see George has emailed you. I understand your situation completely. The Bible college my kids attend forbids internet access except in the library & "cafe" where the ISP has strict filtering in place. I think it is a good thing and wish it were more prevalent

Logos offers a resource that can be very helpful in dealing with moral failures (that the internet exposes us to):

Super Tramp, thanks to you and all of the others for your understanding and the recommendations. I'll be looking at them in detail in a few hours. There is a Bible institute that I would love to attend but like the college your kids attend, there is no internet access allowed. Since I am working and live hundreds of miles away, this meas there are no online courses  Sad

Finally, Stephen Smith emailed me (not with an answer to the question of the sale) but to let me know that we can use the email feeds mentioned earlier in this thread without having to set up a Twitter account. I thought that you would have to at least have an account to get the threads emailed to you. Thank you Stephen, that is great customer service!

Edit: I feel that I need to reiterate that I am fairly confident that filling up Stephen's (or any other Logos employee's) inbox with requests for an answer will not do you any good. He only let me know about the Twitter emails as a courtesy.

Peace  Smile

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2011 5:38 PM

MJD:
George... I don't know what your trying to say in your ramblings.  And, I am sure you don't either...  otherwise you would have said it!Yes

Think about it.  It might come to you in your disconnectedness.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 340
Smithereens | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2011 5:41 PM

Rick:
he said that even he was not privy to the info yet either

Rick:
that is great customer service

I don't know how great the customer service was since I apparently didn't communicate too well. Embarrassed I meant to communicate that I don't know what details Dan has been sharing or how. But I do know what's about to hit Pre-Pub! Big Smile

Posts 928
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2011 5:43 PM

George Somsel:

Rick:

So that is my excuse for not having Twitter or Facebook and any others that might exist out there. I know it sounds silly, but this is how it is. I must admit though, curiosity is getting to me. I understand that many are starting to get frustrated at such requests and I ask that you please disregard this post if you are, I would rather go another couple of days and find out over time than to be an inconvenience. However, if anyone would want to send me the information I would appreciate it. rick68 at vqme  net(not com).

On its way.  I consider your commitment to your church restrictions to be different from simply not wanting to take the trouble.

I agree. Helping those who cannot access Twitter is no nuisance.

BTW, I'm really looking forward to this release.

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 1683
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2011 5:50 PM

Stephen Smith:
I don't know how great the customer service was since I apparently didn't communicate too well. Embarrassed I meant to communicate that I don't know what details Dan has been sharing or how. But I do know what's about to hit Pre-Pub! Big Smile

Ooops, my bad Stephen  Embarrassed

I went back and read your email again and you communicated quite clearly.

Peace  Smile

Posts 39
Scott K | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2011 6:05 PM

Well, this finally pushed me over the edge to get a twitter account.  Smile

Not sure if this will make much difference, as I usually check the Logos blog every day or two.

(By the way, looking forward to using 4.3, by the way, which just released to us non-beta folks today!)

Posts 386
MJD | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2011 6:29 PM

George Somsel:

MJD:

George,

I know you are a self appointed language expert, is disconnectedness even a word?  No

Posts 928
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2011 6:36 PM

MJD:

George Somsel:

MJD:

George,

I know you are a self appointed language expert, is disconnectedness even a word?  No

Hold it right there and I'll check my interlinear. Wink

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Page 15 of 22 (425 items) « First ... < Previous 13 14 15 16 17 Next > ... Last » | RSS