Bug: PB compiling glitch for text reference

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 68
vandevsr | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 3 2011 7:16 PM | Locked

I've attached an image, where the first paragraph is the excerpt from the docx, and the second paragraph is the resulting excerpt in the PB.  Notice that John 14:15-31 did not encode properly, while the text before and after did.  Could be my syntax, but I don't see it...

I'm running Beta 4.30.0.1516.

Posts 2693
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 3 2011 8:38 PM | Locked

looks like you missed the spaces either side of >>

try [[14:16-18 >> John 14:16-18]]

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 68
vandevsr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 4 2011 7:48 AM | Locked

Okay, I tried that and we have the same result still.  B.t.w I didn't use spaces on any of the other references, but I thought I'd give your suggestion a try anyway.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 4 2011 8:10 AM | Locked

Steve, I wonder if Word has put some extra tags in the xml behind the scenes that is messing up the compiling. Try saving your document as an rtf and then resaving as docx then recompile and see if that works.

Posts 68
vandevsr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 4 2011 9:30 AM | Locked

I tried the rtf thing, but that didn't help.  I tried many strings like it, and they all worked.  So in the end I have it working.  I completely erased the line (context and all) and typed the line again.  Too bad I don't know the cause of it.  But I consider this resolved.

Posts 24936
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 4 2011 4:38 PM | Locked

Steve Vandevelde:
 I completely erased the line (context and all) and typed the line again.  Too bad I don't know the cause of it.

I can imagine this scenario will be repeated for other users and I don't think it is satisfactory that one has to resort to re-typing parts of the text.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 2693
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2011 1:27 AM | Locked

might be interesting to highliht that line and use the "remove formatting" option to see if that makes a difference..

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS