can't save Midi files

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 13
nathan | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Aug 7 2011 5:58 AM

Anyone have insight on how i save a midi file on my Mac? I have the "steve green midi hymnal" and when i click on the little disk icon to save a midi file, it gives me a window that says "Click on the Tune Name below to save the MIDI file." when i click on the name, absolutely nothing happens. right clicking just gives me the same options as if i clicked on a word anywhere else within Logos.

Posts 27959
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 7 2011 9:47 AM

Nathan - 

I don't have the program, so I can't experiment for you. Do you still have the CD-Rom? Have you tried navigating the CD-Rom to see if you can find them? Also, you could check your Documents, Downloads, and Music folders to see if it automatically went to one of those.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 27959
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 7 2011 9:52 AM

Nathan - 

Could you give me a screen shot of what you are talking about? Command-Shift-3 will give you a full screen shot; Command-Shift-4 will allow to you select a portion of the screen.

Posts 10447
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 7 2011 9:57 AM

Nathan ... the reason you click on the music text name is that each has a differing MIDI version. When you right-click on the music-name-version, are you selecting 'Media' in the right-side of the popup menu? Top most is 'Selection' which indeed is similar to clickingn on any other word in Logos.

Posts 27959
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 7 2011 10:43 AM

Nathan - 

I think Denise is right. The screen shot below is the Logos Hymnal (which does not allow downloads). If you were able to download individual files, I would suspect that you would find them here. Thanks Denise!

Posts 13
nathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 7 2011 12:06 PM

I click on the disk icon on the top right, as explained in the opening pages of this particular resource:

And yes, i do have the CD in the computer. 
 When i click the disk icon i get this window: 

when i click the song title, nothing happens. if i right click it i get only get options regarding the word itself, not the midi:

again, i  am not trying to simply play the media. i want to save and manipulate the Midi like the 2nd screen shot says. thanks for the help!

Posts 27959
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 7 2011 12:20 PM

Have you tried, for example, searching the CD-Rom in the finder window for "09120.mid"? It might be downloadable that way.

Posts 27959
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 7 2011 12:22 PM

Nathan - 

Also, What version of Logos are you using?

Posts 13
nathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 7 2011 12:41 PM

im using Logos Bible Software 4.2b 

and i have tried browsing the CD, no luck there. 

Posts 27959
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 7 2011 12:50 PM

Nathan - 

Unless someone else who has the resource can chime in, I think your best bet might be to contact customer service during business hours.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 7 2011 2:05 PM

alabama24:

Nathan - 

Unless someone else who has the resource can chime in, I think your best bet might be to contact customer service during business hours.

Concur with puzzling, from screen shots, wonder about clicking on 09120.mid ?  Also wonder about clicking on "Rosefield" while pressing command or option key ?

Option: email Logos Mac Support and reference this thread => http://www.logos.com/about/contact (or can call during business hours).

Adventurous option: Logos 4.3 Release Candidate 3 is a Beta version that should be stable for daily use (with default update channel = stable).  Wiki has => Logos 4 Beta Program page with information and risks.  Forum thread => 4.3 Release Candidate 3 (v4.30.0.1517) available has update command.  Can use wiki Mac Troubleshooting => Update Error steps to manually upgrade to 4.3 Release Candidate (keeping stable update channel for future updates).

If encounter Logos 4.3 RC 3 issue(s), can post in Mac Beta forum for discussion.

Observation: to fix one search result count issue in Bibles, needed to use rebuild bible index command.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 12:25 PM

I am likewise unable to get a 'Save As' dialog to pop up when clicking on the disc icon and then the tune name on the Mac platform.  I will report the issue to Development for investigation.

Posts 27959
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 12:35 PM

Thanks Tonya! It was hard to help diagnose on our part without the resource!

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 2:42 PM

There are advantages to having a demo account! Cool

(Only at work, don't get too jealous.)

Posts 13
nathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2011 7:54 AM

any feed back from Development?

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2011 11:04 AM

This issue is slated to be fixed in the future, but we don't have any information on the timeline.

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS