BUG in Swedish UI in PB autodetecting bible references 4.3 RC3

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 527
Ebbe Andréasson | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Aug 7 2011 8:01 AM | Locked

There is a similar thread but I am starting a new one.

I have made a PB dokument with references to the first verse in every bible book. The autodetection only finds 45 verses/books out of 77.

Logos 4 fails to detect 1 Mos 1:1 (Gen 1:1) but if I type [[1 Mos 1:1|bible:1 Mos 1:1]] then I got a working reference.

When I hovering over the refrence to Est 1:1 there is an error and I get Esra 1:1 in the popup window.

Here is a screenshot. In the source document every bible reference is on a seperate line. The screenshot is in viewing mode with 5 columns:

Here is the source in a text file: 5633.BibleRefs.txt

 

 

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 7 2011 8:18 AM | Locked

Ebbe, I saw the same thing if the language was English in the "Fill In Library Information" pane. If I change the language to Swedish, the links are properly generated for me. Does that work for you?

Posts 527
Ebbe Andréasson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 7 2011 8:29 AM | Locked

I have the language set to swedish in the library information but I'm running Logos with the Swedish UI. I will test running it with the english UI and see what's happen.

Posts 527
Ebbe Andréasson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 7 2011 9:44 AM | Locked

Dominick Sela:
Ebbe, I saw the same thing if the language was English in the "Fill In Library Information" pane. If I change the language to Swedish, the links are properly generated for me. Does that work for you?

Thank you, Dominick

I tried to compile my source file when running the English UI and all bible references was auto detected except for four of them (Höga V 1:1, Est Gr 1:1, Jer br A:1, Till Dan A:1). And after compiling with English UI the popup window was correct when hovering the Esther refrence as well. This is a bug in the Swedish interface.

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 7 2011 10:20 AM | Locked

That's great Ebbe, glad we could narrow down the problem - makes it easier to fix!

Posts 41
Thomas Arvidsson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 7 2011 10:37 AM | Locked

This problem is not primay related to the Swedish UI. It´s a problem with most of the non English/US UI´s. The developer have been informed regarding this issue.
/Thomas

Posts 527
Ebbe Andréasson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 7 2011 4:52 PM | Locked

Thomas Arvidsson:
This problem is not primay related to the Swedish UI. It´s a problem with most of the non English/US UI´s. The developer have been informed regarding this issue.
/Thomas

There is only two non English user interfaces, Spanish and Swedish. I think this problem is related to the Swedish UI. This has nothing to do with the selected language in the PB dialog.

If I change UI to English before compilation I get working bible refrences (except for the four ones I mentioned in a previous post). After compilation I can go back to Swedish UI and everything is still OK. In some way the Swedish interface interfere with the auto detection during compilation.

Posts 527
Ebbe Andréasson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 17 2011 8:25 AM | Locked

Still an issue in 4.3 SR-1

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 17 2011 11:31 AM | Locked

Ebbe Andréasson:

Still an issue in 4.3 SR-1

Development is still working on this issue for both Swedish and Spanish UIs.

Posts 527
Ebbe Andréasson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 17 2011 12:55 PM | Locked

Thank you!

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 11 2011 6:56 PM | Locked

A similar issue exists with the Russian Bible references.  I think Melissa already reported it to developers (Huge thanks!)

 

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS