Default Lectionary in Logos 4

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
This post has 17 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 67
Rev. Aaron | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 5 2009 5:01 AM

Alright, in my feeble attempt to help someone else to get rid of the Lectionary off the home page, I recognized that I do not know how to set the 'default' Lectionary.  I do not want to use the Catholic Lectionary, but the United Methodist one.  Has anyone figured out how to do this?  Thanks!

-Aaron

Grace and Peace,

-Rev. Aaron Kesson

http://www.aaronkesson.com

Posts 1965
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 5:02 AM

Aaron,

find the lectionary you want in the library. right click. prioritize this resource.

Posts 4568
Forum MVP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 5:03 AM

Aaron:

Alright, in my feeble attempt to help someone else to get rid of the Lectionary off the home page, I recognized that I do not know how to set the 'default' Lectionary.  I do not want to use the Catholic Lectionary, but the United Methodist one.  Has anyone figured out how to do this?  Thanks!

-Aaron

Peace and Joy in the Lord to you, Aaron.

Just simply "prioritize" (in your library) the United Methodist lectionary higher than the (Roman) Catholic Lectionary.

*smile*

Yours in Christ,

......   Mel

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 98
Donald G. Fisher | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 5:03 AM

And what about the Baptist Lectionary? 

Posts 4568
Forum MVP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 5:07 AM

DonaldGFisher:

Hi, Don!           *smile*

Haven't seen one yet!               Maybe you know something I don't know???    Peace and Joy in the Lord to YOU!

Yours in Christ,

Mel

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 98
Donald G. Fisher | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 5:13 AM

Mel,

None that I know of either, unless you count John MacArthur's devotional.  Smile

Blessings,

don

Posts 4568
Forum MVP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 5:19 AM

In a very broad sense, that would be a type of lectionary chosen by you!

BTW, what are you doing with the space on the ribbon occupied by a lectionary?

........   Mel

Posts 1924
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 5:56 AM

DonaldGFisher:

I know you meant that as a joke, but I've been thinking about this for a long time.  We should write one.  Baptist  should get together and come up with one. Why not.

Maybe when I get my GoogleWave invite I'll start a wave about it.

Posts 1924
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 6:07 AM

Damian McGrath:

Aaron,

find the lectionary you want in the library. right click. prioritize this resource.

This doesn't do it for me.

I prioritized the Christian Worship One Year and stil the Catholic is ranked number one and shows up on ribbon

Posts 1143
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 6:16 AM

Re: Baptist Lectionary.

My Dad is a Baptist, and his congregation uses the Revised Common Lectionary.  If it aint broke, don't fix it.

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

Posts 1924
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 1:31 PM

Can anyone else confirm that rank doesn't change the lectionary on the Home page or am I alone on that?

Posts 1143
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 1:39 PM

Back in Beta 1 the lectionary was determined by rating.  Since then it has been by prioritized books.

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

Posts 2958
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 5:00 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:
Can anyone else confirm that rank doesn't change the lectionary on the Home page

Hi Kevin,

After changing the priority of the lectionary, did you close & restart Logos? I can confirm that it DOESN'T change the lectionary while L4 is open. But when I closed L4 & restart it, the lectionary DOES change to the expected lectionary. I was able to change back & forth from RCL & Catholic. Apparently, it's only loaded on startup.

To me, this feels like a bug... but it does have a one-time workaround to get it the way we want it working.

Bill

The Grace & Peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you!
Pastor Bill, Faith Presbyterian Church

W8.1 64bit, Office 2010
i7, 2.40GHz, 1Gb graphics, 8Gb RAM, 7200rpm 750Gb-32Gb hybrid disk
HTC Incredible 2, Droid 2.3.4

Posts 5
Frank Harford | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 12:50 PM

As I read these comments I have not seen the answer to the question "How do I make the lectionary disappear from the ribbon on my homepage?"  I never use it.  Is it possible to replace it with something else?  I haven't figured out what I'd put there yet...any ideas?

Posts 1924
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 12:57 PM

The answer is that you can't.

Posts 5337
Forum MVP
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 1:28 PM

FrankHarford:

As I read these comments I have not seen the answer to the question "How do I make the lectionary disappear from the ribbon on my homepage?"  I never use it.  Is it possible to replace it with something else?  I haven't figured out what I'd put there yet...any ideas?

Try hiding all of your lectionaries in the Program settings.

Posts 1965
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 1:29 PM

FrankHarford:

If you hide all the lectionaries, they will no longer appear on the ribbon

Posts 2958
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 2:54 PM

Damian McGrath:

FrankHarford:

If you hide all the lectionaries, they will no longer appear on the ribbon

But I haven't seen anyone report a way to get anything on the ribbon itself, only on the shortcut area....

The Grace & Peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you!
Pastor Bill, Faith Presbyterian Church

W8.1 64bit, Office 2010
i7, 2.40GHz, 1Gb graphics, 8Gb RAM, 7200rpm 750Gb-32Gb hybrid disk
HTC Incredible 2, Droid 2.3.4

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS