Exhaustive Dictionary of Bible Names

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 79
Operation Evangelism | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 10 2011 7:05 PM

In Morris Proctor's most recent blog about the use of prioritizing The Exhaustive Dictionary of Bible Names, I was wondering if it would be possible to get this resource to appear within the Biblical People window. It would seem a really appropriate place for it to reside. Any other people have an idea of how to do this? I would rather keep my other Dictionary Resources in my top 5 slots and then when I go to look at Biblical People, I would see the resource for The Exhaustive Dictionary of Bible Names as top position.

BTW: Morris' blog post was here:

http://blog.logos.com/2011/08/logos-4-quickly-look-up-the-meaning-of-a-biblical-name/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LogosBibleSoftwareBlog+%28Logos+Bible+Software+Blog%29

Thanks!

Blessings,

Chris

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 10 2011 7:25 PM

The Exhaustive Dict is not in competition with your other dictionaries.  Unless you click on a Bible name it will not show up on a right click menu.  I am not a "power user" so perhaps someone knows a way to get it to show in Biblical People, but it does show a different subject title in the library than other Bible dictionaries.

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 10 2011 8:19 PM

There's something more than prioritizing that goes on in Biblical People. The list of dictionaries you see is drawn from what is known as the Logos Controlled Vocabulary, or LCV, and then filtered by the priority list. The LCV is an extra layer of tagging that Logos is working to add to books to allow for equivalent articles in resources to be associated with each other.

For example the LCV would allow an article titled Abram to show up in the Biblical People list alongside articles title Abraham (if such a situation existed) despite them being spelled differently. Unfortunately, The Exhaustive Dictionary of Bible Names has not been updated with LCV tagging yet. The good news is that since most people have it, it's probably on Logos' to-do list for LCV revisions. So, make certain it's on your priority list and I would not be surprised that after some resource update you find it floating to the top in the Biblical People tool.

For more reading: http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_Speaks#Logos_Controlled_Vocabulary

Posts 79
Operation Evangelism | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 11 2011 8:06 PM

Kevin,

Thanks for the detailed info. Looking forward to seeing the update for it soon.

Blessings,

Chris

Posts 951
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2011 10:54 AM

It's on our task list for LCV integration, so you'll see it at some (unspecified) future point. Thanks for the suggestion.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2011 1:16 PM

Thanks for confirming my suspicions Sean!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS