Deleting Personal books from Library

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 8
Ted Evans | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 12 2011 6:46 AM

Please help, after building 3 PB's and then deleting them in PB, they still show up in the library. Some appear multiply times and I can find no way of deleting them from the library. They do not appear in PB but will still open from the library, what am I doing wrong?   Many thanks for any suggestions.

Ted

Posts 103
Lonnie Ritchie | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2011 6:58 AM

Ted, I had the very same problem.  It was frustrating.  Here's what I learned I had to do, at least it's what I did to get rid of the extra copies.  Transfer them to the Hidden Resources in Program Settings.  From there you can right click on them and delete them from the library.

Hope this helps.  Peace.

Lonnie

Posts 21636
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2011 7:00 AM

This looks as though it might be the third reported case of this problem - see other thread in http://community.logos.com/forums/t/36765.aspx

It looks as though there might be an underlying issue here.

I will crosspost to the other thread to ensure that these are linked.

Graham

Posts 8
Ted Evans | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2011 8:33 AM

Hi Lonnie, thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately it did not work for me. There are multiples with the same name which says that they were deleted from the hidden resource screen but they still appear in the library and they still open. I Have tried it four times, reloading the program each time. This should not be a complicated action to perform, IMO.

Thanks again.

Ted

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2011 3:48 PM

If you can still open the books, you can try removing the ones you don't want to keep by deleting the book files from Resources, and then deleting the files in your PersonalBookIndex folder so the index is rebuilt when you restart Logos 4. You would locate the book files in Resources by finding the .lbspbb filename in the Support Info section of the book's information panel. The filename consists of a long alphanumeric string.  Edit: The path to the Resources folder is:  C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\uniquefolder\ResourceManager\Resources. Path to PersonalBookIndex is: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\uniquefolder/PersonalBookIndex.

As to why this problem occurred, it would be hard to determine without knowing more about how they were deleted and recreated. Did you delete a book, and then create a new one with same name, and repeat that more than once? Or by "some appear multiple times" do you mean multiple deleted books, not necessarily the same book or title appearing multiple times?  Did you close the Personal Books panel before it finished deleting the book? Did the Indexer have a chance to finish its indexing after a book was deleted before it was recreated?

If this is occurring regularly, it might help to get log files. You can enable logging temporarily using the instructions on the wiki and post them in this thread: http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging. If that becomes necessary, it would be best to get both the Logos4.log and Logos4Indexer.log.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS