Thank You Logos for Perseus!

Page 1 of 2 (36 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 35 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 532
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 13 2011 9:15 AM

Perhaps someone as already done this, but I want to start a thread thanking Logos for this FREE gift! 

Posts 1535
Forum MVP
Andy Evans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 13 2011 9:19 AM

Keith Larson:

I want to start a thread thanking Logos for this FREE gift! 

Yes

Very grateful indeed. Thank you, Logos.

Windows 7 Premium 64-bit, ASUS P6T, i7-960 3.20 GHz, 6 GB Corsair XMS3 1600MHz, 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX285

13" MBA (2011), i5 1.7GHz, 256SSD, 4GB

Posts 2197
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 13 2011 9:20 AM

Kudos Logos, many thanks Yes

Posts 650
David Knoll | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 13 2011 9:23 AM

YesX10

Thank You!

Posts 631
Otto S. Carroll | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 13 2011 9:34 AM

Thanks, Logos!!!

15" rMBP 2.6 GHz i7 / 16 GB RAM / 1.0 TB Flash Drive / OS X 10.9.2  / Logos 5:  Portfolio | Reformed Platinum | Lutheran Gold

Posts 380
Fernando A Gonzalez | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 13 2011 9:34 AM

YesBig Smile

Posts 519
Jonathan Burke | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 13 2011 9:40 AM

I second this very strongly. Having these resources in my Logos library is a God send; I used them regularly on the Perseus site, but not as much as I would have liked, due to the clumsy interface. Now they're in Logos I look forward to putting them to even better use. Smile Yes

Win 7 x64 | Core i7 3770K | 32GB RAM | 2 x GTX 560 Ti 2GB (SLI) | Crucial m4 256GB SSD (system) | Crucial m4 256GB SSD (Logos) | WD Black 1.5 TB (storage) | WD Red 3 TB (storage) | HP w2408h 24" | Benq FP222wa 22"

Posts 5337
Forum MVP
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 13 2011 10:09 AM

Yes, thanks Logos for the Gift!

Posts 398
Timothy Ha | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 13 2011 10:15 AM

Me, too,

I was afraid that there would be too much of ancient languages, but "Greek-English" versions of works is a great thing.

I hope I will read this, or my growing daughters may caught up later :-)

JesusChrist.ru - Russian Christian Portal, with free Bible software; Timh.ru - blog

Posts 372
MJD | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 13 2011 10:15 AM

Jonathan Burke:

I second this very strongly. Having these resources in my Logos library is a God send; I used them regularly on the Perseus site, but not as much as I would have liked, due to the clumsy interface. Now they're in Logos I look forward to putting them to even better use. Smile Yes

I know their free, but, I am contemplating if I would use these resources.  They seem very esoteric/academic in regards to typical Bible study usage.  I do not want to add resources without understanding how I could benefit.

How do you use the resource(s) Jonathan?

Posts 2328
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 13 2011 10:18 AM

think theres only a couple I will use but will have a look at the lot for the price :P, bless you for this kindness, now to set my download time so I dont exceed bandwith on relaease

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 147
Claybon Collins Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 13 2011 10:19 AM

I add my Thanks to Logos for the free gift.  You are a great company!!

Posts 101
JR Woods | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 13 2011 11:01 AM

Oh, hey brother, I cannot concur with you enough, I have been thanking Logos the whole time for this incredible software, but now 3000 free volumes?!

Unbelievable! In my recent research interest (possibly doctoral dissertation) studies of Rhetorical analysis of the Bible, I have been telling everyone how much I desired for months now the ability to study the Greek classics since so many of the dictionaries use them to help us define words in the Bible that appear very few times, and what does Logos come out with? What do I see pasted to the front home page of Logos software? What do I see?

Perseus 1100 volume collection of THE GREEK CLASSICS???!!! What???!! You guys are scary. Down right Holy Spirit stirred.

Ohhhh but how the plot thickens. . . I click into it thinking hundreds of dollars, maybe close to a thousand, and I'm already scheming ways in my mind of how to make this thing work, put it on a payment plan for the next ump-teen months, school loans, and whatever else. . . and what do I see?. . . "Price 0.00"? !!! . . . Huh? I seriously asked myself, "What in the world does "Price 0.00" mean? That just could NOT register mentally. I did a double and triple-take on that one, let me tell you. I thought, no, I was convinced my computer needed restarting or something. Seriously, I thought I lost connection to their server . . . 1100 (well really 3000) for FREE?

Seriously?. . . FREE? No "strings"? No "fees"? No "trial periods"? No, "we'll just hold on to your credit card information until you finish your order"? Wut? Who are these people? Just when I think I got Logos figured out, just when I tell people I cannot praise you enough for the difference this has already made in my life (and continues to make) and in the lives of those around me, you guys pull a stunt like this--wow--lol, lol, lol (look at me, I'm delirious now)

I don't know how you do it Logos. I don't know how you know to time these things, but your team does some pretty divinely inspired stuff. I NEVER heard of a company staying in business with free product. That's Holy Spirit activity there, my friends.

Does the Logos team have some permanent prayer team for these issues? I'd like to get on that team! I do not know the kind of Christian I would be without it; I kid you not; that's the level you guys are in my walk. I may not have won the Logos scholarship but this is worth more than any scholarship I have been awarded. 

Incredible guys. I truly wish I could work for Logos. I would move to Seattle with my wife for that if God opens the door. For now, though, I'll keep the military chaplain gig. Great job.

Posts 2372
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 13 2011 11:26 AM

Big time thanks...just getting into it. Wow! Huge expense for you I'm sure; thank you for making it free for us

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org | hantla.com/blog

Posts 53
J Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 13 2011 11:38 AM

Does anyone know how big these resources are? Are they in megabits, or the gigabits range. It would be nice to have large collections have an estimate for how much room they need to have on your computer.

Posts 1571
Forum MVP
Paul Newsome | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 13 2011 11:59 AM

J Hale:

Does anyone know how big these resources are? Are they in megabits, or the gigabits range. It would be nice to have large collections have an estimate for how much room they need to have on your computer.

J,  according to this thread, Bradley estimates 1-2 Gigs for the initial download and then another 1-2 Gigs for indexing.

...and Yes, Big Thanks to Logos!

Posts 662
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 13 2011 5:33 PM

Indeed. Thank you, Logos.

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 301
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 13 2011 5:45 PM

Thanks indeed!

Considering all the work that has to go into every resource to make it compatible with the rest of Logos, this is amazing.

Posts 545
Shawn Drewett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 13 2011 6:09 PM

MJD, I second you questions. I ordered them and then cancelled because I thought "Why am I ordering these, I'll never use them?"

Nevertheless, it is a generous offering by Logos. 

Posts 4594
Forum MVP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 13 2011 6:12 PM

Shawn Drewett:

MJD, I second you questions. I ordered them and then cancelled because I thought "Why am I ordering these, I'll never use them?"

Nevertheless, it is a generous offering by Logos. 

Peace, Shawn!        *smile*

You are using my picture!

In reply to your Lexham Bible post, I wrote ...

Peace to you, Shawn, and to my Logos Forums Brothers and Sisters! *smile*

and! Always Joy in the Lord!

I am confused and perhaps a bit perplexed and thinking about being upset .... BECAUSE!

My picture is on your post! What gives, eh?

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Page 1 of 2 (36 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS