Android, Please!?!?!?!?

Page 6 of 11 (219 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last »
This post has 218 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 454
David Buckham | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 7 2010 5:37 AM

I'll say this. I've said many times my Droid Incredible is missing 1 app. Logos. Well, I'm really glad I follow many of the Logos Developers on Twitter. My only question yet to be answered now is "when". Cool shhhhhh

all about Christ,

David Buckham

http://thinkspurlove.blogspot.com

Posts 5425
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 7 2010 6:04 AM

Mark E. Ryman:

But it would be nice. No?

Yes

Posts 7
Joel W Parke | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 12 2010 5:21 PM

The one reality that gives me great hope is that Android is expected to surpass iPhone world-wide in 2010.  So, it won't be long...  See "Apple faces far-reaching foe in Android" at http://news.cnet.com/8301-13924_3-20016163-64.html

Basically Android is much less expensive and so much more widely available in more markets - hence a much faster development curve.  With tablets and everything else - it's clear that the PC is going to be less important over time - especially for sermon development and writing.

Posts 856
Michael McLane | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 13 2010 11:39 AM

Joel W Parke:
The one reality that gives me great hope is that Android is expected to surpass iPhone world-wide in 2010.  So, it won't be long...  See "Apple faces far-reaching foe in Android" at http://news.cnet.com/8301-13924_3-20016163-64.html

Nothing against Android getting an app, but in an effort to keep things in perspective; Gartner is the same company that in 2006 predicted that Windows Mobile 5 would be the dominate mobile platform in the next few years. To predict anything in the tech sector, one that is so volatile and prone to rapid change (or any sector for that matter), four years out is nothing more than wild guesses.

Keep in mind, four years ago iPhone did not exist nor did Android. Who is to say what the next four years will bring, except tremendous change in the tech sector.

Posts 1
Pastor WJ Gaskins | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 15 2010 7:22 AM

I have a HTC Evo 3G/4G and I would like see Logos 4 app, pleas help.

Your in Christ

Pastor WJ Gaskins

Posts 2
Lawrence Underwood | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 15 2010 7:44 AM

Here is one more request for an Android app.

Posts 20
Thornell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 17 2010 3:37 AM

I agree, I want better coverage-something AT&T does not care about. I have the iphone but will buy an android device when I need to upgrade. Please develop an android app.  Thanks 

Posts 149
Mark E. Ryman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 17 2010 3:52 AM

I have been begging for an Android app too. Finally, I went ahead and bought the Droid X, which I really like. I am reading so much more now. I dislike telephones but one needs a phone...so you may as well be able to read on it. I am always able to read now, whether a novel on my Aldiko or Nook Readers (on the Droid) or, often as not, from my library on Logos. CBD has just released a similar web-based reader.

These web-based readers work great. As yet, I've had no problems accessing and reading. I must say though that I love to mark up a book — at least commentaries and theological works. I want to be able to find things easily later and the highlighting and notation helps me think and remember. The ability to do those two things would make reading on Logos and CBD so much better.

Now, having said that, I don't know if the iPhone app allows these either. What does the Logos app do that http://library.logos.com/ doesn't?

Posts 170
NYSERVANT | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 17 2010 8:37 PM

I finally broke down and bought the newest droid.  Pleeeeaaassseee make an app.  It seems kindle and nook have done so. I'd love it.

Posts 8644
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 18 2010 7:32 AM

There is every indication from Logos that Android is under active development.  Follow Dan Pritchett's twitter feed and you'll gain insights every once in a while.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 7
Joel W Parke | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 24 2010 10:02 AM

Just another sign post of the sea change:

http://www.businessinsider.com/android-iphone-market-share-2010-9

Posts 1
Kurt Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 24 2010 6:18 PM

Just got the Droid 2.  It is far superior to iPhone or Blackberry.  PLEASE come out with Logos for Android!!

Posts 6
Paul Searle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 1 2010 12:13 PM

One More Loyal Logos customer missing only one application on his DROID X: Yes, you got it LOGOS.

I know that LOGOS 4 was developed using WPF (AND man does it crawl on windows XP compared to windows 7 because of that) but this hsould be the highest priority project.

I would love to get invovled with working on the port to Android 2.x.

Christ's Blessinsg to All,

Paul

Posts 1
Félix Vargas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 2 2010 7:13 PM

One more!! Android Please

Posts 5
Dr. Howard Law | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 4 2010 11:19 AM

It has been a year and still no app in sight what is the delay?

Posts 8644
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 4 2010 2:21 PM

Howard Law:

It has been a year and still no app in sight what is the delay?

We can only speculate.  But since we've been told strongly hinted it's coming, we can also wait impatiently.  :-)

EDIT:

Correction, you can speculate.  I will continue to use Blackberry until I divert enough of my book budget away from Logos to buy a new Android.  Stick out tongue

Posts 5
Nathan Humphries | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 12:38 PM

I would also appreciate an Android app. It would be incredibly useful to me. Thanks for everything you've done so far, I greatly appreciate it! :)

Posts 4
Jonny Reck | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 8:13 PM

Yay Droid App!  Has Logos said anything official about Droid ambitions?

Posts 8644
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 6 2010 7:53 AM

Jonny Reck:

Yay Droid App!  Has Logos said anything official about Droid ambitions?

There are some very clear tweets from  Dan Pritchet, and I've heard whispers from a few other individuals.  Plus, Bob P. has declared somewhere on these forums (I'm too lazy to search right now) that Android will "likely" be the next  platform.  

IOW: Android.

Posts 23262
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 6 2010 7:57 AM

Thomas Black:
Plus, Bob P. has declared somewhere on these forums (I'm too lazy to search right now) that Android will "likely" be the next  platform.  

I think http://community.logos.com/forums/p/14831/158338.aspx#158338 may have been the post to which Thomas was referring

Graham

Page 6 of 11 (219 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS